Megger MIT400 Insulation and Continuity Tester Details
The MIT400 is the most basic model available in Megger's MIT400 range of insulation and continuity testers. Despite this it is still a highly capable piece of test equipment and can comfortably perform 250V, 500V and 1000V test procedures with range of 5, 10 and 20GΩ.
Portable, lightweight and easy to use, the Megger MIT400 is ideally suited for use by any electrician whether you work in utilities, industrial, commercial or even in domestic applications. The device is also safety rated to CAT IV 600V and is perfectly suitable for use in high energy systems such as substation transformers and it can also be used in lower voltage applications such as in the telecom industry or on data equipment.
When carrying out insulation tests with the MIT400 the device features a number of additional features designed to enhance the test procedure and overall safety levels. It includes a test lock feature that constantly locks on the insulation test, test voltage display and simultaneous insulation readout, analogue arc display to replicate moving coils, PI and DAR functions, test inhibit when voltages of more than 50V are detected and an insulation buzzer that will sound when a defined limit is passed (can be set via the menu).
Continuity testing can be performed automatically using the Megger MIT400's auto test mode at 200mA or 20mA. This mode of testing also features lead nulling, a buzzer and a buzzer limit that's adjustable.
The Megger MIT400 meets the requirements for use on CAT IV 600V installations.
Megger MIT400 Insulation and Continuity Tester Key Features
- 250, 500 and 100V insulation voltage range
- INS test voltage display
- Continuity measurements from 0.01 to 99.9Ω
- Variable current limit of 200mA/20mA
- Fast buzzer with selectable threshold
- kΩ range to 999kΩ
- Default voltmeter
- tRMS measurement to 600V
- Battery condition display
- Test button plus lock button
- Auto power down
Full List of Products Included
- Megger MIT400 Insulation and Continuity Tester
- Hard Case
- Red and Black Test Leads
- Probes and Clips
- 1 x Red Long Probe
- Calibration Certificate
- Owners Information User Guide CD
- Technical Specs
- Insulation Nominal test voltages 250 V, 500 V, 1000 V
- Insulation resistance range (at maximum test voltage) 20 GΩ
- Analogue range: 1 GΩ full scale
- Short Circuit Current: 2 mA +0% -50%
- Terminal voltage: -0% +20% ±1 V
- Test Current on load: 1 mA at min. pass value of insulation specified in BS7671, HD384 and IEC364, 2 mA max.
- EN61557 Operating range: 0,10 MΩ to 1,00 GΩ
- Leakage current range 10 μA 2000 μA
- Leakage current: 10% ±3 digits
- Voltage display: 3% ±3 digits ±0.5% of rated voltage
- Polarisation Index (PI): 10 min / 1minute ratio
- Dielectric Absorption Ratio (DAR): 60 sec / 30 sec ratio
- Resistance Measurement: 0.01 kΩ to 1000 kΩ (0 to 1 MΩ on analogue scale)
- Open circuit voltage: 5 V ±1 V
- Short circuit current: 1.5 mA ±0.2 mA
- Dimensions Instrument: 220 x 92 x 50 mm (8.66 in. x 3.63 in. x 1.97 in.) Instrument + case: 456 x 178 x 89 mm (18 in. x 7 in. x 3.5 in.)
- Weight Instrument only: 590 gms, 775 gms with boot (20.73 oz. 27.22 oz.) Instrument plus case: 1.75kg (3.86 lb)
- You might also be interested in