HSE

  1. Do Christmas Lights Need to Be PAT Tested?

    Is your office lacking the festive sparkle that comes from Christmas lights because you’re scared they’re not totally safe? We’ve got good news. Continue reading →
  2. Angle Grinder Mishap with Electrical Cable Flings Worker across Basement

    A Liverpool worker is ‘lucky to be alive’ after cutting through a live mains cable, having been told been told the electricity supply had been disconnected, Liverpool Magistrates’ Court heard last week. Continue reading →
  3. Mind That Electric Gate

    Electric gates must be adequately guarded to avoid injury or death and yesterday a Leicester contractor pleaded guilty to breaching Regulation 18 of the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992 after a child’s head was trapped in electric gate, and was fined £4,000 with costs. Continue reading →
  4. Worker in 2-Week Coma following Burns in 415V Electrical Explosion

    A North London labourer received life-threatening burn injuries in an explosion when he severed a 415V electrical cable, unaware it was still live, a court has heard. Continue reading →
  5. NHS approves Martindale Standard Tester

    The Martindale VI137002 voltage tester has been approved by the NHS as a standard tester for its Estates and Facilities Division, according to Health Technical Memorandum (HTM) 06-02: Electrical safety guidance for low voltage systems. The document’s purpose is to encourage best practice guidance for the safe systems of work and safety procedures for operation and management of low voltage AC electrical installations up to 1,000V in healthcare premises.  Continue reading →
  6. Insulated Tools Save Lives

    Each year about 1000 accidents at work involving electric shocks or burns are reported to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). Around 30 of these are fatal, most of them arising from contact with overhead or underground power cables. Continue reading →
  7. Safety Lockout Awareness Saves Hefty Fines

    The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) abounds in cases of injury, and in some case death, to workers as a result of negligence on the part of employers to ensure adequate safety. Only as recently as November 2013, the HSE fined an employer after an electrician suffered burns to his face, hands and arms while carrying out live electrical testing in December 2010. Continue reading →
  8. Electricians: Watch Out For Abestos

    Concerns have arisen overseas over the presence of deadly asbestos inside meter boards. Continue reading →
Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to our Newsletter

International Order Form