The DJI CrystalSky Ultra-Bright Monitor (7.85-inch) (EU) is compatible with the following DJI drone aircraft:
- Phantom 4 Series
- Phantom 3 Professional
- Phantom 3 Advanced
- Matrice Series
- Osmo Series of Handheld Gimbals (except the Osmo Mobile)
- Cendence Remote Controllers
The CrystalSky may be connected to the above instruments via Wi-Fi, remote controller or USB ports depending on the instrument.
For a quick introduction to this product, please see the video below.
Ports and Networks
The DJI CrystalSky Ultra-Bright Monitor contains several ports and networks which facilitate a multitude of connections and access to an array of additional features.
Its Micro USB and USB-C ports ensure that it can be connected to the above equipment, whilst its USB-A port enables a compatibility with 4G dongles and USB storage.
The DJI CrystalSky Ultra-Bright Monitor’s HDMI port facilitates the outputting of 4K videos to FPV goggles and various display devices.
The inclusion of dual-band Wi-Fi ensures that the monitor can be connected to Wi-Fi networks and hotspots using mobile devices. Once the CrystalSky monitor has been connected to the internet it is able to live stream footage, share photos and videos, perform data synchronisations and access system updates.
Display and Image Viewing
The DJI CrystalSky Ultra-Bright Monitor’s display has been optimised to ensure the user can view images and footage clearly and sharply in all light conditions. It is four times brighter than traditional mobile devices offering a maximum brightness of 2000 cd/m². This ensures that images and footage retain their vibrant colours and all details are cast in stark relief. This high-quality, high-resolution (2048 x 1536 pixel) imaging, ensures that the user is able to finely adjust the photo composition to suit his/her needs.
In addition to this, the DJI CrystalSky Ultra-Bright Monitor includes a Sunlight Readability Enhancement mode which means that the images and footage can be processed and clearly viewed in real time despite challenging, bright conditions. Furthermore, the CystalSky’s optimised video decoder decodes videos in real time thereby ensuring that footage is smooth with a minimal latency.
This monitor also supports H.264 and H.265 video decoding. The DJI CrystalSky Ultra-Bright Monitor can be used to play back H.264 videos at 30fps and H.265 videos at 60fps and this footage may be outputted via the HDMI port.
SD Card Slots
The inclusion of dual micro SD card slots ensures that the user can backup footage onto a micro SD card or playback footage stored on a micro SD card. This footage can be edited on the monitor using editorial features present on the included DJI GO/ DJO GO 4 app.
Operating System and DJI GO/ DJI GO 4 App
The DJI CrystalSky Ultra-Bright Monitor includes the DJI GO/ DJI GO 4 app. The user can access the app’s full array of features, including:
- Aircraft parameter adjustment
- Camera control
- Footage management
- Footage playback
Aside from the DJI GO/ DJI GO 4 app, the operating system present on the CrystalSky monitor does not include any unnecessary apps or services. This ensures that the monitor can perform efficiently and effectively at all times and is resistant to viruses and junk software.
Furthermore, the DJI CrystalSky Ultra-Bright Monitor uses offline maps which remain available in areas without Wi-Fi access; this means that the user can continue to locate and pilot his/her drone without Wi-Fi connectivity.
The DJI CrystalSky Ultra-Bright Monitor functions using a two cell 4920mAh secondary external battery which provides it with up to 4-5 hours of power.
This battery supports quick charge and has been designed to remain operational at extreme temperatures. It controls its discharge rate making it suitable for use in temperatures as low as -4°F (-20°C) and its internal cooling system ensures that it remains functional in temperatures as high as 104°F (40°C).
The DJI CrystalSky Ultra-Bright Monitor (7.85”) (EU) is a sophisticated monitor ideal for use with an array of DJI drone aircraft and remote controllers.
DJI CrystalSky Ultra-Bright Monitor Key Features
- Can be connected to an array of DJI drone aircraft and equipment via either Wi-Fi, a remote controller or USB port
- Compatible with Phantom 4 Series; Phantom 3 Professional; Phantom 3 Advanced; Matrice Series; Osmo Series of Handheld Gimbals (except the Osmo Mobile) and Cendence Remote Controllers
- Micro USB port
- Micro USB-C port
- USB-A port ensures compatibility with 4G dongles and USB storage
- HDMI port supports the outputting of 4K videos to FPV goggles and various display devices
- Dual-band Wi-Fi
- Livestream footage via Wi-Fi
- Share photos and videos via Wi-Fi
- Data synchronisation over Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi facilitates access to system updates
- 4x brighter than traditional mobile devices
- Maximum brightness of 2000 cd/m²
- Display resolution of 2048 x 1536
- Vibrant colours
- Detailed images and footage
- Sunlight Readability Enhancement mode
- Optimised video decoder ensures videos are decoded in real-time
- View smooth footage with minimal latency
- Supports H.264 and H.265 video decoding
- Playback H.264 videos at 30fps
- Playback H.265 videos at 60fps
- Footage can be outputted via HDMI port
- Dual micro SD slots ensure footage can be backed up onto a micro SD card
- Footage can also be saved to a micro SD card
- Full access to DJI GO/ DJI GO 4 app
- Can edit footage using features on DJI GO/ GO 4 app
- Can control aircraft and camera using DJI GO/ DJI GO 4 app
- No unnecessary apps or services on the operating system
- Resistant to viruses and junk software
- Fast operating system
- Uses offline maps which remain available even in areas outside of Wi-Fi connectivity
- Powered by dual cell 4920mAh external battery
- Battery provides 4-5 hours of power
- Battery supports quick charge
- Battery remains operational at temperatures as low as -4°F (-20°C) and as high as 104°F (40°C)
- DJI CrystalSky Ultra-Bright Monitor (7.85-inch) (EU)
- Intelligent Battery x2
- Intelligent Battery Charging Hub x1
Files & Downloads:
DJI CrystalSky Ultra-Bright Monitor (7.85-inch) (EU) Technical Specifications
|Display||Multi-touch display with IPS technology|
|App||DJI GO, DJI GO 4, DJI Pilot|
|Memory||ROM 128GB+RAM 4GB|
|Connectors||HDMI，MicroSD card slots，Micro-USB and USB-C|
4G dongle support
|Built-in Battery||980 mAh, 3.7V|
|External Battery||4920 mAh,7.6V(detachable)|
|Operation temperature||-20℃ to 40℃ (-4℉ to 104℉)|
|4K Video Decoding||H.264 4k 30fps / H.265 4k 60fps|