Socket Testers & Adaptors (56 Products)
£53.94 £44.95Was £59.95You Save £15.00
88 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: SOK60/16HD
- Check the phase sequencing of sockets
- Optimised for heavy-duty environments such as industrial sites
- Quick response time with clear visual and audible indications
£56.64 £47.20Was £59.00You Save £11.80
94 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: MARTST4
- Capable of detecting twenty-eight fault conditions
- An advanced socket tester as defined by the Health & Safety Executive
- Verifies earth wiring using a non-trip earth loop test
£58.80 £49.00Was £59.00You Save £10.00
98 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: KEW3PH
- Test live and dead three-phase electrical systems
- Maintain compliance with 18th Edition regulations
- Includes a flying test lead for the connection of appropriate plugs
£67.14 £55.95Was £69.95You Save £14.00
110 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: SOK65/16HD
- Determine correct and incorrect phase sequencing as well as the presence of a protective conductor (earth)
- Visible and audible indications for correct and incorrect phase sequencing
- Optimised for use on industrial sites
£77.87 £64.89Was £88.00You Save £23.11
128 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: MARPC104/32
- Suitable for use with 32A/3P + N + E sockets
- Four-pin plug
- LED indication of socket status with reference guide
£77.87 £64.89Was £83.00You Save £18.11
128 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: MARPC104/16
- Multiple LED indication of phase status
- Suitable for use in 16A/3P + E sockets
- Four-pin plug
About Socket Testers & Adaptors
Socket testers are an essential part of any electricians' toolkit, and allow users to quickly and easily evaluate the internal wiring of a socket without the need to remove the socket faceplate and potential cause damage to the installation.
Generally extremely cost effective and cheap, socket testers are also incredibly simple to use, and require the user to simply insert the tester into a socket and the testerwill do the rest. Depending upon the type of socket tester used the way information is communicated will be different; some socket testers use LED indicators to show wiring status, while other use audible indication to show correct wiring/problems with the installation. Some also use a combination of audible and visual indicators, allowing users to quickly tell if there's a problem with a socket or not.
The visual indicators of socket testers are perhaps the most handy part of the tester. These often come with exact representations of what's wrong with the wiring, so if live earth was reversed, for example, the tester would illuminate with a combination that denotes this problem. Most socket testers also include a handy reference guide on the front so users can clearly determine what exactly the different LED indicators mean.
This section also contains socket adaptors; these differ from socket testers as they are designed generally to be inserted into a socket and the user then uses another tester such as a multimeter and a set of test leads in order to carry out socket testing. They can also includes socket testers attached to specific plugs, such as those plugs used in industrial applications.
Most socket testers and adaptors available in store come with standard UK three-pin plug connectors (expect if they are designed for specific sockets such as the aforementioned industrial sockets).