Light Meters (30 Products)
Free UK Delivery*Extech EA33 EasyView Light Meter with Memory£244.64 £203.87
406 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: EA33
- Incredible compact, handheld device that provides high measurement ranges
- Stores and recalls up to 50 measurements for ease of use
- Offers ripple function that excludes stray light in the measurement results
Free UK Delivery*Chauvin Arnoux CA1110 Datalogging Light Meter£300.90 £250.75
500 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: P01654110
- Light meter with flexible sensor - suitable for use with many different light sources, including LEDs
- Datalogging capabilities - log light levels over a period of time
- Backlight, MIN/MAX, average and many other additional features
Free UK Delivery*Testo 440 Lux Kit£574.80 £479.00
958 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: 05634402
- Measure the illuminance levels in offices, production areas, hospitals, museums and schools
- Can be combined with various probes to measure environmental parameters such as air temperature and humidity
- Automatically recognises connected probes and adjusts parameters accordingly
About Light Meters
Light meters are primarily used for measuring the amount of light present within an environment. They’re exceptionally useful devices for photography, cinematography and scenic design as well providing accurate light pollution readings.
In photography, a light meter enables the photographer to accurately gauge how much light is illuminating a scene, which can make the difference between a mediocre shot and a great shot.
Light meters are also extremely useful in the food production industry, particularly where crops, vegetables and fruit are grown. With over (or under) exposure to light, plants won’t grow properly; this means that a light meter is the perfect solution for both the food production industry and avid gardeners, ensuring that the light coming in through a greenhouse or other area isn’t going to be damaging to whatever is being grown.
A more specific use of the common light meter is to accurately measure and stop light pollution. This problem becomes increasingly prevalent as we rely more on artificial light, which when used too much can waste energy and have a number of other negative effects on the environment. Light meter readings of artificial light can be used to analyse light pollution near places like airports. They can also be used to improve the comfort of working environments and save money on unnecessary lighting.
Light meters generally come with either the ability to measure lux, footcandles or both. Lux light meters are used to measure the overall illuminence of an area per square metre; footcandle light meters are similar, but measure illuminance and light intensity (these types of light meter are much more commonly used in the USA - lux is used more commonly in the UK).
Whatever you need your light meter for, you’re sure to find it at Tester. We’ve got plenty of high-quality, affordable products available in our light measuring range, from notable manufacturers such as Extech and Amprobe. Many of the light meters have additional features and useful extensions.
Can’t find what you’re looking for in our range or need some advice? Give us a call and one of our advisors will be delighted to help you choose the right light meter.