Moisture Meters (51 Products)
Free UK Delivery*Extech MO280 Pinless Moisture Meter£99.32 £82.77
164 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: MO280
- Extremely portable, ultra-compact device provides ease of use and ergonomics
- LCD screen quickly displays percentage moisture content of wood or other building material
- You can choose between 10 different wood types for testing, as well as measurement ranges
Free UK Delivery*ETI 7000 Damp / Moisture Meter with Flexible 2 Pin Probe£102.00 £85.00
170 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: 224-070
- Professional moisture meter for building professionals and tradesmen
- Digital readout + LED scale showing moisture levels
- Flexible 2 pin probe for easier measurements
Free UK Delivery*Extech MO220 Wood and Log Moisture Meter£149.02 £124.18
248 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: MO220
- Specifically designed for detecting moisture in wood and logs
- Supplied with temperature probe
- Measures approximately 170 different types of wood with incredible accuracy
Free UK Delivery*Protimeter Mini Moisture Meter£164.75 £137.29
274 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: BLD2000
- LED scale shows level of moisture (dry, borderline and damp)
- Pin-type moisture meter - requires contact with surface of material
- Suitable for use with both wood and building materials
Free UK Delivery*Extech MO257 Pinless Moisture Meter£165.60 £138.00
276 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: MO257
- Thanks to frequency sensing technology, it measures moisture levels without penetration
- Can test up to 40mm below a surface for moisture content
- Offers automatic data hold and automatic calibration
About Moisture Meters
Need to test the level of moisture in building materials, wood and other material types? Moisture meters help you to put an exact value to how damp the material is and are an essential purchase for caravan owners, professional building surveyors, home owners and those involved with the production and storage of wood in various forms.
Moisture meters are generally classified into two distinct types - pin and pinless.
Pin-type moisture meters include sharp pins at the top which are designed to touch the material you're testing. You should be able to get a reading from lightly touching the surface with the pins; however sometimes, when moisture is deeper, inserting the pins more into the surface will generate more accurate results. Some pin-type moisture meters include optional hammer-style accessories which will allow you to easily test further below the surface.
Pinless moisture meters are better for measuring the moisture content without actually causing any damage to the material being tested. These use a scanning system to test to a certain depth below the surface (results vary depending on model) and they are generally less accurate than their pin counterparts as they aren't actually touching the surface.
The capabilities of the moisture meter you have will vary greatly depending on the product you select. Some are specifically designed for use with wood, while others include the ability to measure moisture with selectable pin and pinless modes. Even more advanced meters, such as the FLIR MR series, even include a thermal imaging camera inside so you can find moisture much easier before actually testing with the pin electrode.