The Extech IR200 is a specialist infrared thermometer created for use in the medical industry. Exceptionally accurate, the IR200 is made for quickly detecting raised body temperature and spotting fever conditions in a patient without the need to make direct contact.
This unit is suitable for use in detecting traces of fever - such as those caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19) - in passengers arriving on flights and is suited for scanning arrivals at airports. It is also suitable for use by medical professionals out in the field. The non-contact infrared technology of the thermometer limits the potential spread of disease by preventing body contact between patients and medical staff.
Note: the IR200 should not be relied on as the sole determinant of a person's body temperature. Use of additional medical devices and/or healthcare professionals should be used after the IR200 to properly diagnose health conditions.
The Extech IR200 can measure a patient's body temperature from 89.6 to 108.5°F (32 to 42.5°C) with high accuracy of 0.5°F (0.3°C) with 0.1°F/0.1°C resolution. The thermometer is made to be used from 1.9" to 5.9" (5 to 15cm) away from the patient's forehead and responds with a temperature reading within 0.5 seconds.
A built-in adjustable alarm is also included and will shine a visual indicator and emit an audible tone when detected temperatures are above the programmed limit. The thermometer is also extremely easy to use - just point it, press the trigger and read the temperature on the LCD screen.
This infrared thermometer is also suitable for use in measuring surface temperatures from 32 to 140°F (0 to 60°C) and comes with built-in memory that can store up to 32 readings with easy recall.
Extech IR200 Non-Contact Forehead Infrared Thermometer Key Features
- Non-contact temperature readings of body temperature - reduces the spread of disease compared to contact instruments
- Measures body temperature from 89.6 to 108.5°F (32 to 42.5°C)
- High accuracy - all readings are within 0.5°F (0.3°C)
- Excellent resolution of 0.1°F/°C
- Measures from an optimal distance of 1.9" to 5.9" (5 to 15cm)
- Fast response - takes a reading in under 0.5 seconds
- Measure surface temperatures between 32°F and 104°F (0.0°C and 60.0°C)
- Ergonomic, pistol-shaped design with built-in trigger for taking a reading
- Built-in memory - up to 32 records can be stored and recalled on the instrument
- Runs on 2 x AA batteries
- Extech IR200 Thermometer
- 2 x AA Batteries
- Carrying Pouch
Extech IR200 Technical Specifications
|Body Temperature Range||89.7 to 108.5°F (32 to 42.5°C)|
|Surface Temperature Range||32 to 140°F (0 to 60°C)|
|Basic Accuracy||±1.5°F (±0.8°C)|
|Power||2 x AA batteries|
|Dimensions||6.3 x 3.2 x 1.7" (160 x 82 x 42mm)|