The Extech IR200 is a specialist infrared thermometer created for use in the medical industry. Exceptionally accurate, the IR200 is made for quickly detecting raised body temperature and spotting fever conditions in a patient without the need to make direct contact.
This unit is suitable for use in detecting traces of fever in passengers arriving on flights and is suited for scanning arrivals at airports. It is also suitable for use by medical professionals out in the field. The non-contact infrared technology of the thermometer limits the potential spread of disease by preventing body contact between patients and medical staff.
Note: the IR200 should not be relied on as the sole determinant of a person's body temperature. Use of additional medical devices and/or healthcare professionals should be used after the IR200 to properly diagnose health conditions.
The Extech IR200 can measure a patient's body temperature from 89.6 to 108.5°F (32 to 42.5°C) with high accuracy of 0.5°F (0.3°C) with 0.1°F/0.1°C resolution. The thermometer is made to be used from 1.9" to 5.9" (5 to 15cm) away from the patient's forehead and responds with a temperature reading within 0.5 seconds.
A built-in adjustable alarm is also included and will shine a visual indicator and emit an audible tone when detected temperatures are above the programmed limit. The thermometer is also extremely easy to use - just point it, press the trigger and read the temperature on the LCD screen.
This infrared thermometer is also suitable for use in measuring surface temperatures from 32 to 140°F (0 to 60°C) and comes with built-in memory that can store up to 32 readings with easy recall.
Extech IR200 Non-Contact Forehead Infrared Thermometer Key Features
- Non-contact temperature readings of body temperature - reduces the spread of disease compared to contact instruments
- Measures body temperature from 89.6 to 108.5°F (32 to 42.5°C)
- High accuracy - all readings are within 0.5°F (0.3°C)
- Excellent resolution of 0.1°F/°C
- Measures from an optimal distance of 1.9" to 5.9" (5 to 15cm)
- Fast response - takes a reading in under 0.5 seconds
- Measure surface temperatures between 32°F and 104°F (0.0°C and 60.0°C)
- Ergonomic, pistol-shaped design with built-in trigger for taking a reading
- Built-in memory - up to 32 records can be stored and recalled on the instrument
- Runs on 2 x AA batteries
- Extech IR200 Thermometer
- 2 x AA Batteries
- Carrying Pouch
Extech IR200 Technical Specifications
|Body Temperature Range||89.7 to 108.5°F (32 to 42.5°C)|
|Surface Temperature Range||32 to 140°F (0 to 60°C)|
|Basic Accuracy||±1.5°F (±0.8°C)|
|Power||2 x AA batteries|
|Dimensions||6.3 x 3.2 x 1.7" (160 x 82 x 42mm)|