The Extech IRC130 Thermal Imager IR Thermometer is a dual thermal and visual imaging camera with MSX® technology combined with an infrared thermometer. This IR thermometer and thermal camera is particularly well suited to HVAC troubleshooting, predictive maintenance and electrical inspection applications. Its ability to conduct non-contact temperature measurements also makes it an effective pyrometer.
MSX® technology is especially useful when conducting electrical inspections and troubleshooting HVAC. Visual details are overlaid onto corresponding thermal images thereby improving the overall clarity of the picture without affecting the thermal transparency. This allows the user to pinpoint the source of the fault, for instance, an overheating component, with greater accuracy. The Extech IRC130 Thermal Imager IR Thermometer has a thermal resolution of 80x60px (4800 pixels), a digital camera resolution of 2 MP, and adjustable emissivity for improved accuracy.
Images are visible via the Extech IRC130 Thermal Imager IR Thermometer’s large, 2.4”, TFT, 320x240px, colour display. Visual and MSX® images can also be saved to the Extech IRC130 Thermal Imager IR Thermometer’s internal memory and may be downloaded to a PC via a USB interface. The Extech IRC130 Thermal Imager IR Thermometer has the capacity to store up to 50 000 images in a JPEG format.
In addition to functioning as a thermal imaging camera, the Extech IRC130 is also a non-contact infrared thermometer and is capable of measuring temperatures up to 1202°F (650°C). This laser thermometer has a 30:1 distance-to-spot ratio and features a unique coaxial laser for locating hot and cold spots. This proves useful during electrical inspections, predictive maintenance and HVAC troubleshooting as the user is able to identify potential sources of problems. Additionally, this spot thermometer has a response time of 150ms providing real-time temperature updates and continuous scanning, enabling detection of temperature rises.
Accessing the required settings and features as well as images saved to the Extech IRC130 Thermal Imager IR Thermometer’s internal memory is easy due to the combined IR camera and thermometer’s intuitive, simple-to-navigate menu available in twenty-two languages.
The Extech IRC130 Thermal Imager IR Thermometer also includes a number of other practical features including an integrated LED torch, adjustable Auto Power Off function and a low battery indicator.
Furthermore, the Extech IRC130 Thermal Imager IR Thermometer features a durable, IP54-rated design. It is resistant to dust and water ingress and has been drop-tested from 2m, making it suitable for use in rugged environments.
The Extech IRC130 Thermal Imager IR Thermometer is a powerful, precise and practical diagnostics tool.
Extech IRC130 Thermal Imager IR Thermometer with MSX® Key Features
- A dual thermal and visual camera with MSX® combined with an IR thermometer
- Suitable for HVAC troubleshooting, predictive maintenance and electrical inspections
- Conduct non-contact temperature measurements
- Functions as a pyrometer
- MSX® technology: overlays visual details onto corresponding thermal images enhancing image detail without compromising thermal transparency
- Pinpoint faults more accurately using MSX® technology
- Thermal resolution: 80 x 60px (4800 pixels)
- Digital camera resolution: 2MP
- Adjustable emissivity for improved accuracy
- Large, 2.4”, TFT, 320x240px, colour display
- Save up to 50 000 visual and MSX® images in a JPEG format
- Measure temperatures up to 1202°F (650°C)
- Distance to spot ratio: 30:1
- Unique coaxial laser for locating hot and cold spots
- 150ms response time: updates temperatures in real-time and enables continuous scanning
- Intuitive, simple-to-navigate menu available in 22 languages
- Integrated LED torch
- Adjustable Auto Power Off function
- Low battery indicator
- Durable, IP54-rated design
- Resistant to dust and water ingress
- Drop-tested from 2m
- A powerful, precise and practical diagnostics tool
The Extech IRC130 Thermal Imager IR Thermometer is suitable for the following applications:
- Electrical and mechanical inspections
- HVAC inspections
- Home and building inspections
- Automotive troubleshooting and repairs
Water damage restoration contractors may also find this tool useful.
- Extech IRC130 Thermal Imager IR Thermometer with MSX®
- Integrated 3.6V Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery
- USB Cable
- Pouch with Belt Loop and Shoulder Strap
Extech IRC130 Thermal Imager IR Thermometer with MSX® Technical Specifications
|Temperature range||-13 to 1202°F (-25 to 650°C)|
|Basic accuracy||±1% of reading or ±1°C (2°F), whichever is greater|
|Image storage capacity||50,000 JPEG images (with spot temperature metadata tag)|
|Emissivity||0.10 to 0.99 (adjustable) and 3 presets|
|Response time||150 ms|
|Imaging and Optical Specifications|
|IR Resolution||80 x 60 (4800 pixels)|
|Digital Camera Resolution||2 MP (megapixels)|
|Thermal Sensitivity /NETD||< 70 mK|
|Field of View (FOV)||51° x 66 (H x W)°|
|Minimum focus distance||0.3 m (0.89 ft.)|
|Distance to Target||30:1|
|Dual range operation||Range 1: < 752°F (400°C)|
|Range 2: > 752°F (400°C) - For Range 2, the high-temperature lever must be engaged|
|Image frequency||8.7 Hz|
|Focal plane array/
Spectral response range
|Uncooled microbolometer/7.5 ~ 14 μm|
|Image Presentation Specifications|
|Display resolution||320 x 240 pixels|
|Screen size||2.4" (61 mm) - portrait|
|Display type||TFT technology|
|Image modes||Visual and Visual/Thermal MSX (Multi-Spectral Dynamic) images|
|Colour display palettes||Iron, Rainbow, White-hot, Black-hot, Arctic, and Lava|
|IP rating||IP54 (IEC 60529)|
|Drop tested||~6.5 ft (2 m)|
|Accessory mount||UNC 1/4"-20|
|Power||Internal rechargeable battery (3.6 V Lithium Ion)|
|Dimensions/Weight||8.3 x 2.5 x 3.2" (210 x 64 x 81 mm)/13.9 oz (394 g)|