Traditionally, clamp meters can be tricky to use. Their rigid jaws make it difficult to get a good connection to some conductors, particularly when the conductor is inside a cabinet, or somewhere out of easy reach.
In response to this problem, Extech has developed the MA3010, a clamp meter with unique, flexible jaws that bend around even the trickiest conductors. Using it is easy, just unscrew the flex loop, feed around the conductor, and reattach.
Once attached, the MA3010 can measure AC current up to 3000A. It's also true RMS, ensuring that accuracy is maintained when testing on irregular waveforms or noisy circuits.
The maximum jaw opening of the flexible loop is 10" (25.4cm).
Extech MA3010 True RMS Flexible AC Clamp Meter Key Features
- Flexible clamp jaw - bends around even the trickiest spots
- True RMS for maintained accuracy on noisy, distorted and non-sinusoidal waveforms
- 10" (25.4cm) flexible clamp cable
- 7.5mm cable diameter
- Measure true RMS AC Current in 3 ranges up to 3000A
- 3000 count backlit LCD display
- Overrange and low battery indicators
- Auto power off (can be disabled)
- CAT III 1000V and CAT IV 600V rated
- Extech MA3010 True RMS Flexible AC Clamp Meter
- 2 x AAA Batteries
Files & Downloads:
Extech MA3010 Technical Specifications
|AC Current Ranges||0 to 30A
30 to 300A
300 to 3000A (autoranging)
|Basic Accuracy||±(3%+5 digits)|
|Flex Cable Diameter||0.3" (7.5mm)|
|Flex Cable Tip Diameter||0.51" (13mm)|
|Dimensions||11 x 4.7 x 1" (280 x 120 x 25mm)|