The Extech MA620 is a versatile true-RMS digital clamp meter that can be used to measure AC current up to 600A.
Before testing is carried out it always pays to be safe, and thanks to the fact that the MA620 includes an integrated non-contact voltage detector its possibly to quickly check that dangers live voltage isn't present before connecting up the clamp.
This clamp meter also functions as a digital multimeter and can be used to measure AC/DC voltage up to 600V, resistance to 60MΩ, frequency to 10kHz, capacitance to 4000μF, temperature from -4 to 1400°F (-20 to 760°C), duty cycle from 0.5 to 99% and diode/continuity testing.
The jaws of the MA620 are 1.5" (40mm) in size, meaning they're suitable for use on conductors up to 500MCM. The tester also includes a 6000 count backlit LCD display and a a range of other advanced features.
The Extech MA620 is EN 61010-1 and CAT III 600V safety rated.
Extech MA620 600A True RMS Clamp Meter + NCV Key Features
- Measures AC current only up to 600A
- True RMS measurements for accurate readings on non-sinusoidal waveforms
- Non-contact voltage detection system built into the unit
- Jaw size of 1.5" (40mm)
- 6000 count backlit LCD display
- Range of multimeter functions: temperature, resistance, frequency, capacitance, duty cycle and diode/continuity testing
- Relative mode for capacitance zero and offset adjustment
- Data hold function
- MIN/MAX modes
- Auto power off
Full List of Products Included
- Extech MA620 600A True RMS Clamp Meter + NCV
- Test Leads
- General Purpose Type K Bead Wire Temperature Probe
- 9V Battery
- Carry Case
Extech MA620 Technical Specifications
|Specifications||Range||Max Resolution||Basic Accuracy (%readings+digits)|
|AC Current (True RMS)||60.00A, 600.0A||0.01A||±(2.8% + 8d)|
|AC Voltage (True RMS)||6.000V, 60.00V, 600.0V||0.001V||±(1.8% + 8d)|
|DC Voltage||600.0mV, 6.000V, 60.00V, 600.0V||0.1mV||±(1.5% + 2d)|
|Resistance||600.0Ω, 6.000kΩ, 60.00kΩ,
600.0kΩ, 6.000MΩ, 60.00MΩ
|0.1Ω||±(1.0% + 4d)|
|Frequency||10Hz to 10kHz||0.01nF||±(3.0% + 5d)|
|Capacitance||40.00nF, 400.0nF, 4.000μF, 40.00μF,
|0.01nF||±(3.0% + 5d)|
|Temperature||-4 to 1400°F (-20 to 760°C)||0.1°||±(3% + 9°F/5°C)|
|Duty Cycle||0.5 to 99.0%||0.1%||±(1.2% + 2d)|