The Extech MO53 Compact Pinless Moisture Meter can be used to measure the moisture in wood and other building materials such as wallboard, sheet, rock, cardboard, plaster, concrete and mortar.
It is able to detect moisture to 99.9% in wood and 56.5% in other building materials. The Extech bMO53 Compact Pinless Moisture Meter has a resolution of 0.1%.
This damp meter is pinless and as such is able to measure moisture to a depth of 20mm without causing damage to the material’s surface.
Once dampness has been detected the Extech MO53 Compact Pinless Moisture Meter will indicate the moisture content of the material via its digital display, utilising icons to indicate high, medium and low moisture content. The instrument will also increase the rapidity of the audible indicator as the level of moisture increases. In addition to this, the user may freeze any given value on the screen using the Data Hold function.
Other functions available on the Extech MO53 Compact Pinless Moisture Meter are a measurement verification test, which helps to ensure the reliability of the instrument’s readings and an Auto Power Off function which works to preserve the longevity of the moisture detector. In addition to this, the user is able to view the battery level using the battery level check.
As well as its measurement capabilities, features and functions, the Extech MO53 Compact Pinless Moisture Meter has also been ergonomically designed ensuring that it is a practical, easy-to-use instrument. It is compact and features a wrist strap and 9V battery.
The Extech MO53 Pinless Moisture Meter is the ideal tool for plumbers and builders as it is particularly well suited to analysing the after-effects of water leakage as well as determining the moisture content of floors and tiles during building restoration projects.
Extech MO53 Compact Pinless Moisture Meter Key Features
- Instrument optimised for measuring the moisture content of wood and building materials
- Can detect moisture in building materials such as wallboard, sheet, rock, cardboard, plaster, concrete and mortar
- Detects moisture in wood to 99.9%
- Detects moisture in building materials to 56.5%
- Resolution of 0.1%
- Pinless for non-invasive measurements
- Detects moisture to a depth of 20mm without causing damage to the material’s surface
- Digital display
- Icons indicate whether low, medium or high moisture content has been detected
- Audible indicator increases in rapidity as the level of moisture increases
- Data Hold function
- Measurement verification test
- Auto Power Off function
- Battery level check
- Ergonomically designed
- Includes a wrist strap
- 9V battery
- Well-suited to analysing the after-effects of water leakage
- Ideal for determining the moisture content of floors and tiles
- Extech MO53 Pinless Moisture Meter
- 1 Year Warranty From Extech
Extech MO53 Compact Pinless Moisture Meter Technical Specifications
|Measurement Depth||<0.75" (20mm)|
|Wood Moisture Range||0 to 99.9%|
|Other Building Materials||0 to 56.5%|
|Wood Moisture Icon Levels||Low: 0.1 to 29.9%;
Medium: 30.0 to 69.9%;
High: 70.0 to 99.9%
|Building Material Icon Levels||Low: 0.1 to 13.9%;
Medium: 14.0 to 41.9%;
High: 42.0 to 56.5%
|Dimensions/Weight||6.7x2.6x1.2" (170x65x30mm) / 4.2oz (120g) battery not included|