Compatible with both type K and type J thermocouples, the Extech TM300 allows users to carry out two measurements at the same time.
Depending on which thermocouple is equipped, the overall measurement range of this tester changes. With a type K probe equipped it features measurement range from -328 to 2501°F (-200 to 1372°C), whereas with a type J probe equipped it features range of -346 to 2012°F (-210 to 1100°C). All measurements are carried out with basic accuracy of ±(0.15% rdg + 1.8°F/1°C).
This thermometer is somewhat different in terms of design when compared with other Extech thermometers. The most notable difference is the lack of buttons on the front of the tester; Extech has instead moved these to the side of the device for easy one-handed operation when carrying out testing procedures. It also means that the front of the tester has a large, backlit LCD screen that clearly displays the temperature reading taken from the two equipped thermocouples. The screen can display T1, T2, T1-T2 differential and MIN, MAX and AVG.
The unit also contains a number of additional features including an auto power off function (which can be disabled) and a data hold function for temporarily storing test data.
Extech TM300 Type K/J Dual Input Thermometer Key Features
- Accepts both type J and K thermocouples
- Type K measurement range of -328 to 2501°F (-200 to 1372°C)
- Type J measurement range of -346 to 2012°F (-210 to 1100°C)
- Resolution of 0.1/1°
- Readouts in Fahrenheit, Celsius and Kelvin (user selectable)
- Data hold function temporarily stores readings
- MAX/MIN/AVG functions with relative time stamping
- Offset key used for zero function
- Auto power off (can be disabled)
Full List of Products Included
- Extech TM300 Type J/K Dual Input Thermometer
- 2 x General Purpose Type K Bead Wire Temperature Probes
- 3 x AAA Batteries
- Pouch Case
Extech TM300 Technical Specifications
|Type K Measurement Range||-328 to 2501°F (-200 to 1372°C)|
|Type J Measurement Range||-346 to 2012°F (-210 to 1100°C)|
|Basic Accuracy||±(0.15% rdg + 1.8°F/1°C)|
|Dimensions||8.7 x 2.5 x 1.1" (220 x 63 x 28mm)|