The FLIR Duo™ Pro R336 Radiometric Thermal & Visible-light Cameras for sUAS are available in three models with different lens sizes and, subsequently, different fields of view; please see the table below for further details.
|Model Code||Lens Size||Field of View|
|436-0335-34-00||9mm||35° x 27°|
|436-0325-34-00||13mm||25° x 19°|
|436-0317-34-00||19mm||17° x 13°|
All of these cameras have a frame rate of 9Hz and a thermal sensor resolution of 336 x 256 pixels. These drone cameras are dual-sensor thermal and visible-light imagers, therefore, in addition to the aforementioned thermal sensor, the FLIR Duo™ Pro R336 Radiometric Thermal & Visible-light Cameras are equipped with a high-definition 4K colour video camera. This allows the user to select between aerial thermal or aerial digital images, as well as capture data in both of these thermal and visible-light formats over the course of a single flight.
In addition to this, it is also possible to view combined thermal and visible-light footage using the MSX blending function which combines the detail captured by the visible-light camera with the thermal information captured using the thermal imager; this provides the user with detailed thermal imaging facilitating precise fault-location.
As well as the visible, thermal and MSX imaging modes the user is also able to view footage in a PIP (Picture in Picture) mode and can select from a number of image colour palettes. These modes and functions can be controlled remotely using PWM inputs. Commencing and finishing recording, as well as switching between still image capture and video streaming are also possible using PWM inputs. Alternatively, the FLIR Duo™ Pro R336 Radiometric Thermal & Visible-light Cameras’ control settings and recordings can be configured via Bluetooth using FLIR’s UAS App.
Further to this, the radiometric capabilities of these cameras ensure that each pixel contains accurate temperature data. Moreover, the FLIR Duo™ Pro R336 Radiometric Thermal & Visible-light Cameras feature integrated GPS-receivers, IMU, humidity and altitude sensors ensuring that each image contains comprehensive and accurate meta-data for post-flight analysis.
Additionally, the FLIR Duo™ Pro R336 Radiometric Thermal & Visible-light Cameras are able to geo-tag captured footage; this means that these drone imagers can be used to create accurate maps and 3D models using captured footage and additional metadata. Furthermore, by geo-tagging each image, the complexity, data loss and latency that usually accompanies integrating cameras into flight control systems are eliminated.
The FLIR Duo™ Pro R336 Radiometric Thermal & Visible-light Cameras can be integrated into MAVLink flight controllers. They are also able to support a wide 5-26V DC power input range and can output live analogue and digital (micro-HDMI) video.
Finally, the FLIR Duo™ Pro R336 Radiometric Thermal & Visible-light Cameras also support field-upgradability ensuring that they will always remain up-to-date and able to meet the demands of the user.
The FLIR Duo™ Pro R336 Radiometric Thermal & Visible-light Cameras for sUAS are rugged, compact imagers suitable for transforming drones into industrial tools and thermal and visible aerial mapping systems. For further information, please see the following video.
FLIR Duo™ Pro R336 Radiometric Thermal & Visible-light Camera for sUAS – 9Hz Key Features
- Available in three models with different lens sizes and subsequently fields of view
- Frame rate: 9Hz
- Thermal sensor resolution: 336 x 256 pixels
- Dual-sensor thermal and visible-light imagers
- Equipped with a high-definition 4K colour video camera
- Capture thermal and visible data over the course of a single flight
- Thermal, visible, MSX and PIP imaging modes
- MSX combines thermal and visible images to create thermal pictures of greater detail
- Selectable colour palettes
- Select imaging modes, colour palettes, start recording, stop recording, and change between still image capture and video streaming using PWM inputs
- Configure settings and recordings via Bluetooth using the FLIR UAS App
- Radiometric – each pixel contains accurate temperature data
- Integrated GPS-receivers, IMU, humidity and altitude sensors
- Comprehensive metadata for post-flight analysis
- Geo-tagging of each image
- Can be used to create accurate maps and 3D models
- Geo-tagging removes the complexity, data loss and latency that usually accompanies integrating cameras into flight control systems
- Can be integrated into MAVLink flight controllers
- Wide 5-26V DC power input range
- Supports live analogue and digital (micro-HDMI) video outputting
- Supports field-upgradeability
- Rugged, compact imagers
- Suitable for transforming drones into industrial tools and thermal and visible aerial mapping systems
- Your Choice of FLIR Duo™ Pro R336 Radiometric Thermal & Visible-light Camera for sUAS – 9Hz
- Integration Cable
- Bench Cable
- USB Type-A to Type-C Cable
- GPS Antenna
- 2x 64GB MicroSD Card
FLIR Duo™ Pro R336 Radiometric Thermal & Visible-light Camera for sUAS – 9Hz Technical Specifications
The FLIR Duo™ Pro R336 Radiometric Thermal & Visible-light Camera for sUAS – 9Hz has a sister product, the FLIR Duo™ Pro R640 Radiometric Thermal & Visible-light Camera for sUAS – 9Hz; the following technical specifications are for both models.
|Specifications||Duo™ Pro R 640||Duo™ Pro R 336|
|Thermal Imager||Uncooled VOx Microbolometer|
|Spectral Band||7.5 – 13.5 µm|
|Thermal Sensitivity||< 50 mK|
|Thermal Sensor Resolution Options||640 x 512||336 x 256|
|Thermal Lens Options||13 mm: 45° x 37°||9 mm: 35° x 27°|
|19 mm: 32° x 26°||13 mm: 25° x 19°|
|25 mm: 25° x 20°||19 mm: 17° x 13°|
|Thermal Frame Rate||9Hz|
|Visible Sensor Resolution||4000 x 3000|
|Visible Camera FOV’s||56° x 45°||56° x 45°|
|Measurement Accuracy||+/- 5 C or 5% of readings in the -25°C to +135°C range|
|+/- 20 C or 20% of readings in the -40°C to +550°C range|
|Size||85 × 81.3 × 68.5 mm|
|85 × 86.5 × 68.5 mm (640/25 mm lens only)|
|Weight||325 g||325 g|
|375 g (640-25 mm only)|
|Image Processing and Display Control|
|Imaging Modes||IR-only, Vis-only, Picture-in-Picture (IR in Vis)|
|MSX Image Enhancement?||Yes|
|Multiple Color Palettes?||Yes – Adjustable in App and via PWM|
|GPS?||Yes (GPS, GLONASS)|
|Other Sensors||Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Barometer|
|USB 3.0||Power in, USB Mass Storage|
|10-Pin Accessory Port||Power in, Analog Video Out, PWM, MAVLink|
|Micro-HDMI||Digital Video Out|
|Input Voltage||5.5 - 26.0 VDC (10-pin JST Port)|
|5.0 VDC (USB-C Port)|
|Power Dissipation (avg)||10 W||10 W|
|Remote Control?||Yes - PWM (3 channels), MAVLink|
|Digital Video Output||1080p60, 1080p30, 720p60|
|Mounting Features||1/4”-20 TPI Tripod Mounts (qty 2, bottom surface)|
|Operating Temperature Range||-20°C to +50°C|
|Storage Temperature Range||-20°C to +60°C|
|Operational Altitude||+38,000 feet|