FLIR E5 Thermal Camera (9Hz Frame Rate) with WiFi Connectivity Details
Note: this is the upgraded version of the standard FLIR E5 thermal camera with added WiFi connectivity to smartphones/tablets. The standard E5, without this functionality, is also still available for purchase.
Find problems with overheating electrical components, minor building issues and much more with FLIR's entry-level thermal camera, the FLIR E5.
Handheld, ergonomic and easy to use with just a single button and trigger system for capturing images, this product is the perfect entry point into thermography and will help you complete surveys like never before.
The Power of Thermal
With FLIR's industry-leading Lepton core sensor included as standard, you can expect the FLIR E5 to produce high quality thermal images at all times.
There's so much to this camera, including:
- 120 x 90 Pixel Infrared Thermal Resolution - every pixel in an image taken with the FLIR E5 is assigned its own temperature reading, allowing you to hone in on a specific point using the included software package
- High Thermal Sensitivity of <0.10°C - consistently reliable, accurate results in every image captured
- High Accuracy Temperature Measurements - ±2% accuracy ensures every result you get with the FLIR E5 is reliable and as accurate as possible
- Wide Temperature Measurement Range of -20 to 250°C - Work in a wide variety of applications ranging from outdoors in the cold to industrial plants
- Create Professional Reports Using FLIR Tools Software - available as a free download, FLIR Tools will let you interact with your captured images on your PC and create professional reports
See the Detail with FLIR MSX
Take your thermal images to the next level with FLIR MSX, including as standard with the E5.
MSX is an exclusive mode for FLIR thermal cameras which extracts the detail from a visual (digital) image and applies it to a thermal image.
The result is a vastly different level of quality between a standard thermal and an MSX image. You can see how the level of detail improves in the image.
No more waiting to get back to the office or home to upload your findings - this version of the FLIR E5 will allow you to wirelessly connect to your smartphone or tablet to share your findings.
Sharing is simple - just download the FLIR Tools Mobile app, connect up your FLIR E5 and wirelessly stream your images to your device as needed.
FLIR Tools mobile has a number of benefits, including:
- Seamless wireless import from compatible FLIR wireless thermal cameras
- Lay out and move measurement tools on images
- Read temperature measurements
- Zoom in on images
- Remotely take snapshots using your phone or tablet
- Delete images
- Create/email reports
- Save images to your device
- Change colour palettes
Packed with Features
There's even more to the FLIR E5!
Additional features of this thermal camera include:
- Fully automatic, focus-free images - quick focusing helps you get the images you need, every single time
- Single, simple button navigation - see your images, scroll through functions and more with ease
- Ergonomic, lightweight pistol-shaped design - squeeze the trigger to capture an image
- Large-size, 320 x 240 pixel colour LCD screen (3.0 inches) - see everything in clear detail and easily interact with your images
- Picture-in-Picture mode - add a thermal window on top of a thermal image to hone in on a specific part of the image
- Selectable colour palettes - black and white, iron and rainbow options all available
- Built-in digital camera - get a high quality standard digital image alongside your thermal findings
- Adjustable emissivity - variable from 0.1 to 1.0 to cater for different types of surface
- Internal memory storage - space for up to 500 sets of images
- Powered by rechargeable batteries - life of up to 4 hours per battery
- Set high/low alarms - blue colour when below or red when above the user's set temperature
- FLIR E5 Thermal Camera
- Hard Transport Case
- USB Cable
- Power Supply and Charger
- Rechargeable Battery
Also includes FLIR's 2-5-10 Warranty*:
- 2 Years parts and labour coverage on the camera
- 5 Years coverage on the battery
- 10 Years coverage on the detector
Please note that warranty requires registration of the camera with FLIR. Please follow this link for more info >>
- Technical Specs
FLIR Ex Series Comparison Chart
Choose the right FLIR Ex Series thermal camera with our comparison chart!
Please note that the following table only applies to the models with WiFi, not the standard models.
FLIR E4 FLIR E5 FLIR E6 FLIR E8 Imaging and Optical Data Infrared (IR) Resolution 80 x 60 pixels 120 x 90 pixels 160 x 120 pixels 320 x 240 pixels MSX Resolution 320 x 240 pixels Thermal Sensitivity <0.15°C <0.10°C <0.06°C Field of View 45 x 34° Focus Focus-free Detector Uncooled microbolometer Screen 3.0 inch, 320 x 240 pixel colour LCD Frame Rate 9Hz Analysis Image Modes IR image, visual image, MSX, thumbnail gallery IR image, visual image, MSX, picture-in-picture, thumbnail gallery Multi Spectral Dynamic Imaging (MSX) IR image with enhanced detail presentation Picture-In-Picture N/A IR area on visual image Temperature Range -20 to 250°C (-4 to 482°F) Accuracy ±2% or 2°C Measurement Modes Spot (center) mode 2 modes: 1 spot (center) and 1 area box (MIN/MAX) 3 modes: 1 spot (center), 1 area box (MIN/MAX), isotherm (above/below) Alarm N/A N/A Blue below or red above set temperature Emissivity Correction Variable from 0.1 to 1.0 Setup Colour Palettes Iron, Rainbow or Grey Setup Commands Local adaptation of units, language, date and time formats Image Storage Storage Capacity Internal memory stores at least 500 sets of images Storage Mode Simultaneous storage of images in IR, visual and MSX File Formats Standard JPEG, 14-bit measurement data included Other Battery Type/Operating Time 4 hours approx Weight 1.27lbs (0.575kg) Drop Test 2m (6.6ft) Warranty 2-5-10 warranty - requires registration with FLIR
2 years parts and labor on camera
5 years coverage on battery
10 years coverage on detector
We'd really appreciate it if you'd review this product
Why not leave a review of this product? Reviews help us improve our service for customers looking for a product to make a decision.No reviews have been found
Write Your Own Review