or Call 01642 931 329 to discuss alternatives
The FLIR Scion OTM1/2/430 Outdoor Thermal Monoculars are optimised for hunting and tracking applications. All of these models have a frame rate of 9Hz and a detector resolution of 320 x 256 pixels; they differ in regards to their lens sizes and, subsequently, their fields of view and detection distances; please see the table below for further details.
|Model Code||Model Name||Lens Size||Field of View||Detection Distance||Manual or Auto Ranging|
|7TM-01-F110||FLIR Scion OTM130 Outdoor Thermal Monocular||13.8mm||16º x 12º||430m||Auto|
|7TM-01-F120||FLIR Scion OTM230 Outdoor Thermal Monocular||18mm||12º x 9º||560m||Auto|
|7TM-01-F140||FLIR Scion OTM430 Outdoor Thermal Monocular||36mm||6º x 4.5º||1120m||Manual|
Please note that a FLIR Scion Outdoor Thermal Monocular (9Hz) with a 640 x512-pixel detector is available here.
These instruments are equipped with a FLIR Boson core facilitating their ability to capture clear thermal images and video which may be saved to the FLIR Scion OTM1/2/430 Outdoor Thermal Monoculars’ integrated 2GB memories. The FLIR Scion OTM1/2/430 Outdoor Thermal Monoculars’ memory capacity may be extended via the addition of an OPTIONAL 128GB microSD™ card, allowing the operator to capture hours of thermal media. Saved footage and images may be sent from the FLIR Scion OTM1/2/430 Outdoor Thermal Monoculars to a compatible smartphone, tablet or PC via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi transfer.
Please note that the FLIR Scion OTM230 and OTM430 Outdoor Thermal Monoculars (ONLY) feature GPS functionality and are, therefore, able to geotag captured 9Hz thermal videos and images.
These thermal monoculars are able to capture 9Hz thermal videos and images in all light conditions ranging from total darkness to glaring light or haze. The processing capabilities of the FLIR Boson thermal core, as well as the FLIR Scion OTM1/2/430 Outdoor Thermal Monoculars’ vivid high-definition displays, mean that captured thermal media can be viewed in complete clarity thereby ensuring that the user has excellent awareness of his/her surroundings even in difficult conditions.
In addition to this, the FLIR Scion OTM1/2/430 Outdoor Thermal Monoculars are equipped with a rugged housing designed to resist the elements and protect key hardware components: this housing has an IP67 rating.
The FLIR Scion OTM1/2/430 Outdoor Thermal Monoculars also include a number of imaging functions allowing the user to tailor the instrument to his/her requirements. He/she is able to change the thermal palette and can use the Picture-in-Picture mode to view particular points-of-interest without losing the overall field-of-view. The intuitive controls and user interface ensure that it is easy to adjust these monoculars as well as access the required functions. This intuitive navigation system and the slender design of the FLIR Scion OTM1/2/430 Outdoor Thermal Monoculars mean that it can be operated using a single hand.
Please view the video below for an overview of the FLIR Scion's thermal palettes.
The FLIR Scion OTM1/2/430 Outdoor Thermal Monoculars provide sharp, smooth and clear 9Hz thermal imaging. They are ideal for monitoring and tracking wildlife in all light and weather conditions. For more information regarding FLIR's Scion range, please see the following video.
FLIR Scion OTM1/2/430 Outdoor Thermal Monoculars Key Features
- Optimised for tracking and hunting applications
- Frame rate: 9Hz
- Detector resolution: 320 x 256 pixels
- Available in three models with different lens sizes and fields of view
- Equipped with a Boson core for capturing clear thermal images and videos
- Integrated 2GB memory
- Compatible with an OPTIONAL 128GB microSD™ memory card
- Capture hours of thermal media
- Send saved footage and images to a compatible smartphone, tablet or PC via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi
- The FLIR Scion OTM230 and OTM430 models (ONLY) include GPS functionality for geotagging thermal media
- Capture 9Hz thermal videos and images in all light conditions ranging from total darkness to glaring light or haze
- The Boson core’s processing capabilities and the monocular’s HD display provide excellent clarity
- Provides the user with excellent awareness even in difficult conditions
- Rugged, IP67 housing protects key hardware components
- User-adjustable thermal colour palettes
- Picture-in-Picture mode for viewing points-of-interest without losing the overall field-of-view
- Intuitive controls and user-interface for ease-of-operation
- Can be operated using a single hand
- Provide sharp, smooth and clear 9hz thermal imaging
- Ideal for monitoring and tracking wildlife in all light and weather conditions
- Your Choice of FLIR Scion OTM130 OR OTM230 OR OTM430 Outdoor Thermal Monocular – 9Hz
- Battery Tray (6x CR123)
- USB-C Cable
- Black MOLLE Pouch
- Quick Start Guide
FLIR Scion OTM1/2/430 Outdoor Thermal Monoculars Technical Specifications
|Specifications||Scion OTM130||Scion OTM230||Scion OTM430|
|Core Technology||BOSON 12 µm VOx Microbolometer|
|Detector Resolution||320 × 256|
|Lens System||13.8 mm||18 mm||36mm|
|Field of View (H × W)||16° × 12°||12° × 9°||6° × 4.5°|
|Digital Zoom||1X | 2X | 4X|
|Refresh Rate||9 Hz|
|Internal Memory||2 GB Internal Storage / Optional microSD™ Card (up to 128 GB)|
|Eye Relief||16 mm|
|Display||Quad-VGA (1280x960) High definition display|
|Temperature Imaging Modes (Thermal Palettes)||White Hot; Black Hot; Iron Bow; Rainbow; Graded Fire; Lava|
|Viewing Modes||Scouting, Picture-in-Picture, Navigation|
|Advanced Media Capture||Yes|
|Media capturing||2 GB Internal storage / Optional micro SD™ card (up to 128 GB)|
|Auto Power OFF||Yes|
|USB Type||USB-C; Power In; Video Out; Video and Image File Transfer|
|Battery Life||Up to 4.5 hours at 20°c|
|Battery Type||6x CR123A 3V Lithium Battery / Up to 4.5 Hours at 20°C
Rechargeable battery pack / Up to 10 Hours at 20°C
|Weight||Without Batteries: 452 g; With Batteries 572 g||Without Batteries: 580 g;
With Batteries 794 g
|Size||239 × 76.8 × 60.5 mm (9 × 3 × 2.4 in)||239 x 77 x 73 mm
(9.4 x 3 x 2.4 in)
|Color (Housing)||Gray / Black|
|Mounting||¼-20 Tripod Mount / Docking Station|
|Manufacturer Part Code||7TM-01-F110|