The Druck DPI 620IS Intrinsically Safe Genii Multifunction Calibrator is an ATEX and IECEx approved version of the GE Druck DPI 620 Standard Genii Multifunction Calibrator. This means that this model is suitable for use in zone 1 and 2 classified hazardous areas.
It can be used as a temperature, electricity, frequency and pressure calibrator and is able to measure and source these entities in order to test, set-up and calibrate the following instruments:
- Proximity detectors
- Valve positioners
The Druck DPI 620IS Intrinsically Safe Genii Multifunction Calibrator is able to source and measure electricity, frequency, temperature and pressure accurately. This instrument is able to generate up to 100 bar/1,500 psi of pneumatic and 1,000 bar/15,000 psi of hydraulic pressure. It can be used with pressure modules which range from 25 mbar/10 inH2 O to 1,000 bar/15,000 psi.
The Druck DPI 620IS Intrinsically Safe Genii Multifunction Calibrator can be used to create device inputs and measure outputs simultaneously. It is also able to calculate errors between outputs and inputs.
The Druck DPI 620IS Intrinsically Safe Genii Multifunction Calibrator is able to automate calibration procedures and will document as found and as left results. In addition to documenting these results, the Druck DPI 620IS Intrinsically Safe Genii Multifunction Calibrator can also record a complete plant database of procedures and results. Furthermore, this instrument is capable of data logging up to six channels at any one time.
Common applications and/or tasks may be saved to 'Favourites' for ease of access. In addition to this, the user is able to program the configuration of common devices to the instrument. These configurations become easily and quickly accessible via a single touch. The new, high-resolution touchscreen user interface also facilitates easy access to applications such as CALIBRATOR and HART communicator (more information below).
The inclusion of a HART communicator extends the capabilities of the Druck DPI 620IS Intrinsically Safe Genii Multifunction Calibrator. It allows the user to access a 250Ω resistor via the menu and provides a loop power of 24V or 28V during shut-down. It also facilitates the instrument's ability to measure and source analogue variables without secondary calibration equipment and allows the user to view, change, clone and store device configurations. Indeed users are able to change and/or create these configurations whether he/she is working online or offline and can transfer this information to a PC. Moreover, the HART communicator is able to support upgrades to the Druck DPI 620IS Intrinsically Safe Genii Multifunction Calibrator from free of charge software and can support the latest device description (DD) libraries.
In addition to these extra capabilities, facilitated by the HART communicator, the Druck DPI 620IS Intrinsically Safe Genii Multifunction Calibrator is also compatible with calibration management software. More practically, the Druck DPI 620IS Intrinsically Safe Genii Multifunction Calibrator may be used with all the accessories originally optimised for use with the older DPI620IS.
The Druck DPI 620IS Intrinsically Safe Genii Multifunction Calibrator is a compact, rugged, cost-effective instrument suitable for a multitude of applications which would previously have required a variety of individual instruments.
GE Druck DPI 620IS Intrinsically Safe Genii Multifunction Calibrator Key Features
- ATEX and IECEx approved temperature, electrical, frequency and pressure calibrator
- Suitable for use in zone 1 and zone 2 classified hazardous areas
- Can be used to test, set-up and calibrate most instruments
- Can source, measure and simulate electricity, temperature, frequency and pressure
- Generates up to 100 bar/1,500 psi of pneumatic pressure
- Generates up to 1,000 bar/15,000 psi of hydraulic pressure
- Can be used with pressure modules ranging from 25 mbar/10 inH2 O to 1,000 bar/15,000 psi
- Pressure modules can be used interchangeably
- Simultaneously simulates device inputs and measures outputs
- Can calculate errors between outputs and inputs
- Can automate calibration procedures and document as found and as left results
- Can record a complete plant database of procedures and results
- Capable of data logging up to six channels simultaneously
- Common tasks and/or applications may be saved to 'Favourites'
- User can program the configurations of regularly used devices for ease of access
- High-resolution, touch-screen interface ensures quick and easy access to applications such as CALIBRATOR and HART communicator via the touch of a single button
- 250Ω resistor accessible via menu as a result of the inclusion of a HART communicator
- HART communicator can provide a 24V or 28V loop power supply during shut-down
- HART communicator can measure and source analogue variables without the need for secondary calibration equipment
- HART communicator ensures the user can view, change, clone and store device configurations
- Can change or create configurations whether online or offline using the HART communicator
- Can transfer configurations to PC as a result of the inclusion of the HART communicator
- HART communicator is able to support upgrades from free of charge software and can support the latest device description (DD) libraries
- Compatible with calibration management software
- Accessories optimised for use with the previous DPI620IS model are compatible with this instrument
- View office documents
- GE Druck DPI 620IS Intrinsically Safe Genii Multifunction Calibrator
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
- Universal Mains Adaptor
- Test Leads
- Quick Reference Guide
- IO620-CASE-1-IS A protective carry case for DPI620 GENII-IS handheld units
- IO620-CASE-2-IS A protective carry case for DPI620 GENII-IS, PM620-IS and MC620-IS
- IO620-CASE-3-IS A protective carry case for PV62X-IS, DPI620 GENII-IS and MC620-IS
- DPI620G-IS-BATTERY Spare/replacement rechargeable battery
- DPI620G-IS-CHARGER Spare/replacement charger
- IO620-PSU mains adaptor for charger
- IO620-IDT621/622 Dirt moisture traps for the PV621 and PV622 pressure stations
- IO620-PRV-XX Overpressure protection for the PV62X pressure stations
- IO620-HOSE-XX-IS Pneumatic and hydraulic hoses
- IO620-BSP/NPT/MET BSP, NPT and Metric pressure adaptors
GE Druck DPI620 GENII IS Modular System
The DPI 620 GENII IS is actually part of GE's modular calibration system - the standard calibrator is designed to work with a wide variety of tailor-made Druck calibration products to cater for any application, in any conditions.
Please note that all equipment listed in this section is sold separately.
PM620-IS Interchangeable Pressure Modules
The GENII IS is compatible with 31 different Druck intrinsically safe pressure modules.
Modules are screw fit, require no tools and can be used interchangeably, allowing the user to adapt the GE Druck DPI 620IS Intrinsically Safe Genii Multifunction Calibrator to his/her needs.
Note: these are designed to fit a Druck PV 62X IS pressure generation station or up to two can be fitted into an optional MC620-IS module carrier which attaches directly to the Genii (more information on both of these further below).
PV-IS Pressure Generation Stations
The PV-IS Pressure Generation Station facilitates the connection of pressure modules. This product is necessary when using the Druck DPI 620IS Intrinsically Safe Genii Multifunction Calibrator to generate pressure.
The PV-IS Pressure Generation Stations are easy to use and do not require tools to facilitate a connection with the Druck DPI 620IS Intrinsically Safe Genii Multifunction Calibrator. There are three models available:
- PV621-IS generates from vacuum to 20 bar / 300 psi pneumatic pressure. Pressure can be generated quickly and easily using the station's high-efficiency hand pump. The volume adjuster and precision release valve can be used to adjust and release this pressure, facilitating the accurate setting of falling calibration test points.
- PV622-IS generates from vacuum to 100 bar / 1500 psi pneumatic pressure. Like the PV621-IS, this instrument includes a volume adjuster and precision release valve allowing the user to finely adjust the pressure created using the high-efficiency hand pump and set falling calibration test points. This pressure station also includes an intensifier which quickly increases pressure and a non-return valve which allows the pressure cycle to be repeated increasing the pressure exerted upon the device under test. The PV622 is a safe and highly portable alternative to gas bottles and regulators and its high efficiency greatly simplifies generation at lower pressures.
- PV623-IS generates hydraulic pressure up to 1000 bar / 15000 psi. This pressure station includes a 100 cc reservoir for hydraulic oil or pure water. In addition to this, it also features a priming pump which works to quickly expel air from the system and/or the connected devices. Like the model above, the PV623-IS has a screw press intensifier ensuring that the instrument can quickly generate the required pressure, it also facilitates fine set-point adjustment. Innovative design reduces the thermal effects of generating very high pressures ensuring that the system stabilises very quickly.
MC620G-IS Pressure Module Carrier
This accessory attaches directly to the DPI 620 GENII IS and allows up to two PM620-IS pressure modules to be connected to the unit simultaneously.
It is easy to attach modules to this carrier and the pressure module carrier is, in turn, easy to attach to the calibration unit.