CAT & Genny Cable Detectors (19 Products)
Due In: 1-6 Days£454.80 £379.00Was £540.00You Save £161.00
758 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: GB20182PLUS
- Can be used to avoid cables and pipes
- Compatible with cable locators capable of receiving 33kHz signals
- High- and low- volume and power outputs
Due In: 1-6 Days£490.80 £409.00Was £660.00You Save £251.00
818 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: GB20182S
- Detects the presence of cables and pipes up to 3m below the ground
- Three modes of operation: Power, Radio and Genny
- Issues an audible alert outputted via a detachable, waterproof speaker
Free DeliveryPACT TOMKAT V2 Pipe and Cable Locator / CAT - Cable Avoidance Tool£622.80 £519.00Was £710.00You Save £191.00
1,038 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: GB20182V
- Locate cables and pipes buried to up to a depth of 3m
- Visual and audible alerts
- Three operating modes: Power, Radio and Genny
Only 1 in Stock£666.00 £555.00Was £654.00You Save £99.00
1,110 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: 10/GENNY4EN
- Adjustable signal generation
- Built for use with the CAT4 range of cable avoidance tools
- Loudspeaker, accessory tray and accessory slot
Free DeliveryRadiodetection Genny4 Signal Generator & Soft Carrying Bag Pack£704.16 £586.80Was £675.00You Save £88.20
1,172 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: 10/BAGPACK4-UK
- Bundle pack with bag and genny
- Generate standard and ramped-up signals
- High quality detection tool
About CAT & Genny Cable Detectors
Everything you need for detecting and tracing the path of underground buried utilities is included in this section. Don't neglect underground safety; use this equipment to quickly find hidden utilities.
Cable avoidance tools (CATs) and Gennys are essential equipment for use by any excavation professional. As modern society becomes increasingly reliant on underground structures, including electrical cabling, telecom cabling and piping, the complexity of underground systems has increased over time.
This leads to a higher danger for those excavating to reach cabling and other installations. The chances of accidentally striking a live cable, causing damage to essential systems and endangering yourself when digging has increased exponentially, thus increasing the importance of using detection equipment to accurately determine the location of buried utilities and work safely around them.
A CAT is used for this purpose and can detect signals naturally radiated from metallic surfaces in order to allow the user to map out the path of an underground cabling structure. These tools are used to determine the path of most types of buried utilities, but some utilities, such as underground piping, do not give off signals for the CAT to pick up on.
In this purpose, a Genny must be used in tandem with a CAT. A genny is used to generate a signal that bounces through the ground around the CAT, allowing the CAT to determine the location of a utility as the generated signal bounces off the utility and returns to the tool.
Although it isn't always necessary to use both a CAT and Genny simultaneously, it is always best practice to do so. This way you ensure that you don't miss anything buried underground and generate an accurate map of the underground installation. If a genny is not used, the CAT could easily miss buried utilities that do not generate a signal, posing a potential risk to the professionals excavating the ground.