Note: available in several variations. Use the table below to learn the difference between each model, then place an order using the dropdown box above.
Kern currently only has full specifications for model numbers OBE 111, OBE 112 and OBE 113. We will update the listings as soon as we get full technical specifications for the additional microscopes.
Robust, stable and reliable, Kern’s OBE-1 compound microscope is perfect for use in schools, vocational training and laboratories.
Fitted with several different achromatic objective lenses (varies depending on model purchased), the OBE-1 can be used to get in super-close to whatever you’re looking at, with easy switching between lenses thanks to easy rotation. Full control over height of the plate is also possible via fine focus adjustment knobs, situated on either side of the microscope.
The OBE-1 comes equipped with a 3W LED light source for illuminating the test object and it is possible to dim this light as needed to produce the best possible image.
Depending on the model you purchase, the OBE-1 is available with either a monocular or binocular viewing tube. It’s also possible to buy a model which is equipped with a rechargeable battery.
Kern OBE-1 Educational Compound Microscope Key Features
- Made for use in schools, universities, training applications and laboratories
- Wide range of models available – choose between several options, including binocular/monocular versions and standard/rechargeable versions
- Dimmable 3W LED light source for easier viewing
- Comfortable, ergonomically designed viewing optics
- Several achromatic objective lens options available – 4x, 10x, 40x, 100x, 20x and 60x (supplied lenses vary depending on model purchased)
- Fully rotatable tube across 360° with 30° incline
- Quadplex nosepiece accepts up to four objective lenses simultaneously
- Optional polarisation and darkfield units available (please call for more information)
- Easy height adjustment with focus knobs on either side
- 3 year Kern warranty included
- 230V standard mains operation or rechargeable battery (recharging only available on certain models)
- Large size stage with Abbe condenser
Microscope Difference Table
This table outlines the difference between the models in the OBE series.
Full tech specs are only currently available for OBE 111, OBE 112 and OBE 113. Please call for information on other model numbers.
√ = standard configuration
Optional = can be configured with this option - please call for any enquires about different configurations.
|Model Outfit||Kern Part Number|
|OBE 111||OBE 112||OBE 113|
|Eyepieces||WF 10x / Diameter 18mm||√||√||√|
|WF 10x / Diameter 18mm (with pointer)||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|WF 16x / Diameter 13mm||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|WF 10x / Diameter 18mm (reticule 0.1mm) (non-adjustable)||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|100x / 1.25 (oil) (spring)||√||√||√|
|Monocular Tube (Viewer)||30° inclined, 360° rotatable||√||-||-|
|Binocular Tube (Viewer)||Siedentopf 30° inclined, 360° rotatable
Interpupillary distance: 50-75mm
With diopter adjustment (one-sided)
|Mechanical Stage||Stage Size (W x D): 120 x 115mm
Travel: 50 x 70mm
|Condenser||Abbe N.A 1.25 (aperture diagram)||√||√||√|
|Darkfield Unit||Usable for 4x to 40x objectives||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|Illumination||3W LED illumination system (transmitting)
|3W LED illumination system (transmitting)