or Call 01642 931 329 to discuss product options
The Megger TDR900 Time Domain Reflectometer is an advanced cable length meter capable of determining the length of cables and/or the distance to an open or short. This tool utilises time domain reflectometry in order to ascertain these measurements.
The Megger TDR900 Time Domain Reflectometer has a measurement range spanning 15 feet (5m) to 10 000 feet (3km) and a minimum resolution of 20 inches (50 cm). The Megger TDR900 Time Domain Reflectometer also has an accuracy of 20 inches (50 cm) and features a cable length calibration function to maintain accuracy and reliability.
The Megger TDR900 Time Domain Reflectometer is fully auto-ranging enabling it to adjust the testing parameters to ensure that it can be used to measure a variety of cables including power, telephony, CATV and LAN cables.
The Megger TDR900 Time Domain Reflectometer is also able to select the relevant sensitivity automatically, as well as match the output impedance to the cable. The Megger TDR900 Time Domain Reflectometer features the following output impedances: 25Ω, 50Ω, 75Ω, 100Ω, 125Ω and 150Ω, again making it suitable for measuring a variety of power, telephony, CATV and LAN cables.
As a result of the Megger TDR900 Time Domain Reflectometer’s auto-ranging and auto-matching capabilities, the user needs only input the V.O.P (velocity of propagation); up to twenty custom cable V.O.P settings can be stored in the Megger TDR900 Time Domain Reflectometer’s twenty internal memory locations. The ability to alter the propagation velocity value also improves the accuracy of this instrument as it can be tailored to suit the application/ cable.
Furthermore, this instrument includes an internal library of approximately thirty-nine standard cables, allowing the user to measure industry standard cable types quickly, easily and accurately. However, the Megger TDR900 Time Domain Reflectometer can be used to test any cable that it is comprised of at least two insulated metallic elements; one of these insulated metallic elements may serve as the cable’s sheath or shield.
Moreover, this advanced cable length meter can also be used to determine the cable-under-investigation’s V.O.P if the length is known. It will indicate the relevant measurement via its extra-large, high-resolution, backlit LCD display (ICON type 7 segment): if the V.O.P is known the Megger TDR900 Time Domain Reflectometer will display the cable’s length; if the cable’s length is known the Megger TDR900 Time Domain Reflectometer will indicate the V.O.P. The user can select to view distance measurements in either feet or metres.
Additionally, the Tone Generator (oscillating 910 to 1100 Hz; 5V peak to peak) function allows the operator to identify and trace cables. The Megger TDR900 Time Domain Reflectometer also includes a Line Voltage Detection function which will halt testing if a line voltage in excess of 6.5V is detected. It will also display an ‘OUCH’ message to alert the user of this problem.
It is easy to access functions, features and settings via the Megger TDR900 Time Domain Reflectometer’s menu selection keys and user-friendly, on-screen menus. This improves the simplicity and efficiency of operation thereby improving productivity.
Also adding to this instrument’s practicality is its rugged ABS, IP42 casing. Furthermore, the Megger TDR900 Time Domain Reflectometer is safety protected up to 250 VRMS and is CE-certified.
This instrument is supplied with a soft carry case, alligator clip adapter and four AA (NEDA 15 A or NR 6) batteries which are housed in the compartment at the back of the Megger TDR900 Time Domain Reflectometer. This facilitates quick and easy access, proving particularly useful when replacing the batteries.
The Megger TDR900 Time Domain Reflectometer’s comprehensive testing capabilities and rugged, practical design make it suitable for a variety of applications, including:
- Telephony: installation and repair technicians can be used to monitor wiring and detect cable issues; construction and maintenance technicians may find the Megger TDR900 Time Domain Reflectometer useful for testing OSP cabling systems
- Installation: electrical and telecom/ datacom contractors may find this instrument useful when verifying cable lengths, locating faults, panel mapping and taking stock of cables
- Electric Power: suitable for use during and after street light installations
- Broadcasting: locate cable faults caused by damage sustained during broadcasting
- Stocktaking: trace and measure cables to determine the number of cables in stock
The Megger TDR900 Time Domain Reflectometer is a sophisticated, cost-effective and easy-to-use cable length meter that can be adapted to accommodate a variety of cables making it suitable for an array of applications across numerous industry sectors.
Megger TDR900 Time Domain Reflectometer Key Features
- Advanced cable length meter
- Determine the length of cables and/or the distance to an open or short
- Range: 15 feet (5m) to 10 000 feet (3km)
- Minimum resolution: 20 inches (50 cm)
- Accuracy: 20 inches (50 cm)
- Cable length calibration function
- Adjusts measurement parameters to accommodate power, telephony, CATV and LAN cables
- Automatic impedance matching feature: matches the output impedance to the cable type
- Output impedance: 25Ω, 50Ω, 75Ω, 100Ω, 125Ω and 150Ω
- Specify the V.O.P (velocity of propagation)
- Save up to 20 custom cable V.O.P settings to the 20 internal memory locations
- Internal library of approximately 39 industry standard cable types improving the efficiency and ease of testing
- Can test any cable comprised of two insulated metallic elements
- Can be used to determine the cable-under-investigation’s V.O.P if the length is known
- Displays the V.O.P if the length is known
- Displays the length if the V.O.P is known
- Large, high-resolution, backlit, LCD display (ICON type 7 segment)
- View distances in either metres or feet
- Tone Generator (oscillating 910 to 1100 Hz; 5V peak to peak) for identifying and tracing cables
- Line Voltage Detection function will halt testing and display an ‘OUCH’ message if a voltage above 6.5V is detected
- Selection keys
- User-friendly on-screen menus
- Rugged, ABS, IP42 casing
- Safety protected up to 250 VRMS
- Soft carry case
- Alligator clip adapter
- 4x AA (NEDA 15 A or NR 6) batteries
- Batteries are housed in a compartment at the back of the reflectometer
- Batteries can be accessed and replaced quickly and easily
- Ideal for telephony, installation, electric power, broadcasting and stocktaking applications
- A sophisticated, cost-effective and easy-to-use cable length meter
- Can be adapted to accommodate a variety of cables
- Suitable for an array of applications across numerous industry sectors
- Megger TDR900 Time Domain Reflectometer
- Megger AC9 Test Leads
- Alligator Clip Adapter
- Soft Carrying Case
- User Manual
Megger TDR900 Time Domain Reflectometer Technical Specifications
|Except where otherwise stated, this specification applies at an ambient temper of 68° F (20° C).|
Depends upon the V.O.P of the cables under test
|12,000 ft (3.7 km)@ V. O. P 99.9|
|9,800 ft (3.0 km)@ V. O. P 80.0|
|8,000 ft (2.4 km)@ V. O. P 66.0|
|6,200 ft (1.9 km)@ V. O. P 50.0|
|Accuracy*||± 2 % of reading + 20 inch (50 < 300 ft (100 m)|
|± 2 % of reading > 300 ft (100 m)|
|* This accuracy is effective for Coaxial Cables up to 8,000 feet, Telephony Cables up to 6,000 feet, and Structured Wiring up to 3,000 ft|
|Resolution||20 inches (50 cm)|
|V.O.P (Velocity of Propagation)||Adjustable from 1.0 % to 99.9 (in 0.1 % step)|
|Cable Length Calibration Function||Allows you to measure the V.O.P, given as a percentage of the speed of light, of a known cable length. Required minimum length of sample cable: 30 ft (10 m)|
|Cable Library||39 standard cable types|
|Custom cable||20 custom cable types|
|Auto-Power-Off||The Meter is completely turned off after 30 minutes of no activities. Press the POWER button to turn the Meter on again. This feature can be disabled.|
|Display||ICON type 7 segment LCD. Backlight stays on for 1 minute when activated.|
|Power supply||4 LR6 (AA) type batteries|
|Battery life||Approx. 5,000 tests|
|Safety||Complies with IEC 61010-1|
|Warranty||3 years from date of purchase.|
|Mechanical||The meter is designed for use indoors or outdoors. (IP 42)|
|Dimensions||9.25 H x 3.94 W x 1.73 D in. (235 H x 100 W x 44 D mm)|
|Weight||Approx. 16 oz (450 g)|
|Operating temperature||0° F to 140° F (-18° C to 60° C)|
|Storage temperature||4° F to 158° F (-20° C to 70° C)|
|Relative humidity||85% at 95° F (35° C)|