The Metrel MD 9930 Thermal Imaging Camera is an infrared- and visible-light imaging camera. It can be used to find faults before failure and is suitable for inspecting electrical distribution boards, motors, bearings, and water supplies and electrical systems in buildings.
Thermal & Optical Imaging
The Metrel MD 9930 Thermal Imaging Camera features thermal and optical modules enabling the capture of infrared, visible-light and combined images and videos. Combined images are particularly useful when trying to identify the exact source of a fault as digital details are overlaid onto a thermal image increasing the picture clarity.
This infrared-imaging camera has an IR resolution of 160x120px and a 25°x 19° thermal field-of-view. The Metrel MD 9930 Thermal Imaging Camera’s thermal focus can be set manually; it also features four user-selectable thermal palettes and a 32x digital zoom. The Metrel MD 9930 Thermal Imaging Camera’s visible-light camera has a resolution of 5MP and a field-of-view of 59°.
Hot spots, cold spots and the central temperature are automatically indicated on thermal images. Furthermore, cursors make the infrared image simple to read, while the Metrel MD 9930 Thermal Imaging Camera’s rapid refresh rate, 50Hz, means that quick temperature changes are easily monitored.
The Metrel MD 9930 Thermal Imaging Camera can measure temperatures between -20°C and +350°C to an accuracy of ±2°C/2%. This optical and thermal imaging camera can also measure temperature differences. Temperatures can be displayed in °C, °F or K. Additionally, the inclusion of a laser pointer means the user can accurately pinpoint the measurement area, helping him/her to gather the correct data.
The Metrel MD 9930 Thermal Imaging Camera also includes Lock and Compare and Hold Image functions.
Visible-light and IR images are simultaneously stored for videos. The Metrel MD 9930 Thermal Imaging Camera features 100MB of internal memory and is supplied with an 8GB microSD card to which over 6000 images can be saved.
The user can also save thermal and visible-light videos; he/she can add audio notes if required. In addition to this, thermal and visible-light videos can be transmitted over HDMI or USB.
The Metrel MD 9930 Thermal Imaging Camera is supplied with a card reader for transferring images and footage to a PC. Once downloaded to a PC, images and footage can be analysed and organised into reports using Metrel’s PC Software (download link included).
Other useful features present on the Metrel MD 9930 Thermal Imaging Camera include an LED torch and a long-life battery. Furthermore, it has been drop-tested from 2m and has an ingress protection rating of IP54, making it suitable for challenging environments.
The Metrel MD 9930 Thermal Imaging Camera is a versatile, practical and durable thermal imager suitable for detecting a majority of thermally stressed objects.
|Applications||Troubleshooting electrical installations and equipment|
|Solar farm inspection|
|Building and facility maintenance|
|Energy loss analysis|
|Troubleshooting other installations (pipes, carpentry, windows, etc)|
Metrel MD 9930 Thermal Imaging Camera Key Features
- An infrared- and visible-light imaging camera
- Find faults before failure
- Suitable for inspecting electrical distribution boards, motors, bearings, and water supplies and electrical systems in buildings
- View thermal, visible-light and combined images
- IR resolution: 160x120px
- Thermal FOV: 25° x 19°
- Four user-selectable thermal palettes
- 32x digital zoom
- Visible-light camera resolution: 5MP
- FOV: 59°
- Hot spots, cold spots and the central temperature are automatically indicated on thermal images
- Cursors improve the ease of reading thermal images
- Frame rate: 50Hz
- Fast frame rate ensures that quick temperature changes are easily monitored
- Temperature range: -20°C to +350°C
- Accuracy: ±2°C/2%
- Temperatures can be displayed in °C, °F or K
- Measure temperature and temperature differences
- Laser pointer
- Lock and Compare function
- Hold Image function
- Simultaneously stores visible-light and IR images for videos
- 100MB internal memory
- 8GB MicroSD Card: store over 6000 images
- Videos can be saved with audio notes
- Transmit videos over HDMI or USB
- Supplied with a card reader for PC
- Analyse images and create reports using Metrel’s PC software (download link supplied)
- LED torch
- Long-life battery
- Drop-tested from 2m
- A versatile, practical and durable thermal imager
- Suitable for detecting a majority of thermally stressed objects
- Metrel MD 9930 Thermal Imaging Camera
- USB Cable
- USB OTG Cable
- 8GB MicroSD Card
- Li-ion Battery
- AC Adapter
- Non-Slip Strap
- Carrying Case
- Instruction Manual
- Download Link for Metrel’s PC Software
Metrel MD 9930 Thermal Imaging Camera Technical Specifications
|IR sensor resolution||160x120 pxl|
|Temperature range||-20 – 350°C|
|Thermal sensitivity/NETD||0,1°C @ 30°C / 100 mK|
|Thermal accuracy||Higher value ±2°C or ±2 %|
|Field of vision||25° x 19°|
|Spectral range||8 – 14 µm|
|Emissivity||0.01 – 1.0|
|Frame rate||50 Hz|
|Focal length||9 mm|
|Spatial resolution||2,78 mrad|
|Min focused distance||0.5m|
|Visible light camera resolution||5 Mpxl|
|Visible light lens FOV||59°|
|Display resolution||240x320 pxl|
|Video format||MPEG-4, 1280x960@30fps|
|Image format||JPEG, measurement data included|
|Data storage||100 MB internal + SD card|
|Data communication||USB, HDMI|
|IP protection||IP 65|
|Operation temperature range||-15°C – 50°C|
|Storage temperature range||-40°C – 70°C|
|Humidity (operation and storage)||10% – 90%|
|Size (LxWxH)||224mm x 77mm x 96mm|