or Call 01642 931 329 to discuss product options
PLEASE NOTE: this system is customisable and can be constructed to include various combinations of inspection technologies, please call for further details.
The Ofil DayCor® ROM Aerial Wide Spectrum Inspection System is intended for aerial scanning applications and can be attached to helicopters and UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles). The inclusion of HD video and frame cameras, and UV and IR optical sensors make it suitable for a variety of tasks including:
- Identifying faulty electrical components
- Fire mapping
- Detecting oil spills
- Inspecting pipelines
The integrated components are contained within a gyro stabilised gimbaled payload which can be attached to various parts of helicopters, allowing the user to operate the Ofil DayCor® ROM Aerial Wide Spectrum Inspection System according to his/her preferences.
The gimbal has been designed to be lightweight and easy to install, expanding this product’s scope-for-use and making it compatible with most helicopters and UAVs.
Moreover, the fully digital 4-axis active gyro stabilisation system ensures that the integrated camera and optical sensors are unaffected by the aircraft’s movements, thereby facilitating the smooth and clear capture of footage.
The system is controlled using an HCU (Hand Control Unit) through which the user can instruct the TCU (Turret Camera Unit) and the mounted cameras, again allowing the user to operate the Ofil DayCor® ROM Aerial Wide Spectrum Inspection System according to his/her preferences and/or needs.
In order to capture, clear, detailed footage of corona the Ofil DayCor® ROM Aerial Wide Spectrum Inspection System includes DayCor® solar blind technology allowing it both to function during daylight and detected corona events at high-speeds. This is as a result of the camera's high sensitivity to UV radiation.
DayCor® technology also facilitates the instrument’s ability to overlay UV corona footage onto digital videos, providing the operator with detailed footage that precisely locates corona and its emitting source.
The other optical components included in this unit are also designed to remain effective and functional whilst being flown at high speeds. For example, the IR optical sensor ensures that the Ofil DayCor® ROM Aerial Wide Spectrum Inspection System remains highly-sensitive to hot spots (recorded with GPS information) when travelling at a high velocity and its HD camera continues to record smooth, steady footage in high definition.
Information regarding corona, hot spots, GPS location, date and time, and text and/or voice annotations are all included as radiometric data within each recorded video clip. In addition to saving this eclectic array of data with each video clip, the Ofil DayCor® ROM Aerial Wide Spectrum Inspection System will also recall information regarding each scanned grid. Data is retrieved during the flight and then displayed as part of a geographical and/or topographical map.
The Ofil DayCor® ROM Aerial Wide Spectrum Inspection System’s adaptability and comprehensive image capture, hotspot and corona detection capabilities make it ideal for aerial inspections of high and medium voltage apparatus. This system is ideal for gathering data which may be used to inform predictive and preventative maintenance operations.
Ofil DayCor® ROM Aerial Wide Spectrum Inspection System - 3 or 4 Sensors Key Features
- Customisable product that can be constructed to include various combinations of inspection technologies (please call for details)
- Ideal for the aerial scanning of high and medium voltage apparatus
- Can be attached to helicopters and UAVs
- HD video and frame cameras
- UV and IR optical sensors
- Suitable for identifying faulty electrical components; fire mapping; detecting oil spills; inspecting pipelines
- Components in a gyro stabilised gimbaled payload
- Attach to various parts of helicopters
- Easy to install
- Fully digital 4-axis active gyro stabilisation system keeps cameras and optical sensors steady
- DayCor® solar blind technology allows it to function during daylight and detect corona at high speeds
- High sensitivity to UV radiation
- IR optical sensor is highly sensitive to hotspots
- Records hotspots with GPS location
- HD camera records smooth, clear footage at high velocity
- Corona, hot spots, GPS location, date and time, and text and/or voice annotations are included as radiometric data with each video clip
- Information about scanned grids is recalled during flight and then displayed as part of a geographical and/or topographical map
- Ideal for gathering data to inform predictive and preventative maintenance
- GIS and auto tracking
- UV footage overlaid onto digital footage
- Ofil DayCor® ROM Aerial Wide Spectrum Inspection System - 3 or 4 Sensors**
- System Cable Set
- Instruction Manual and ICD
- Factory Acceptance Test
** This product is customisable, please call for details.
Ofil DayCor® ROM Aerial Wide Spectrum Inspection System - 3 or 4 Sensors Technical Specifications
|TCU - TURRET CAMERA UNIT & CONTROL UNITS (ACCOMODATED TO CUSTOMERS’ REQUIREMENTS)|
|Type||Four-axis active steerable gyro-stabilized gimbal|
|Dimensions||Ø 400 mm | Ø 300 mm|
|Weight||Approx. 30 kg (66 lbs.) | 20 Kg (44lb) (depending on configuration)|
|Power Requirements||20-30 VDC, 300W|
|Environmental Specs||RTCA – DO160 E|
|Coverage Az | Coverage El||Full 360° Continuous | +20° to -120°|
|Hand Control Unit & Interface Unit||With TCU operation controls, power distribution, serial communication, video tracking & video overlay functions.|
|Storage and Operation Temp||
Storage -20°C - 60°C | -4°F - 131°F
Operation -15°C - 40°C | 5°F - 104°F
|UV - VISIBLE BISPECTRAL CAMERA|
|Minimum Discharge Detection||1pC @ 10 meters (RWE certified: IEC 60270:2000)|
|Minimum RIV Detection||7.7dBμV (RIV) @1MHz (RWE certified: NEMA107-1987)|
|Minimum UV Sensitivity||2.2x10-18 watt/cm2|
|Field of View H x V||8° x 6°|
|Detector Life Span||No degradation|
|Focus||Autofocus, 3m to infinity|
|UV/Visible Overlay Accuracy||Better than 1 mRad|
|Zoom||10 optical x 12 digital, attained within 1 second|
|IR CAMERA (ACCOMODATED TO CUSTOMER’S REQIREMENTS)|
|Array Size||1024x768 pixels|
|Thermal Sensitivity||Better than 50mK @ 30°C|
|Focus||Manual & autofocus|
|Temp. Range||-40°C to +1,200°C|
|Temp. Accuracy of Reading||+/-1.5˚C, +/- 1.5% of reading|
|VIDEO CAMERAֹ (ACCOMODATED TO CUSTOMER’S REQIREMENTS)|
|Type||HD (3.27 megapixels)|
|Image Sensor||1/2.8 CMOS TYPE|
|Minimum Illumination||0.5 lux (F1.6 ICR off) | 0.095 lux (F1.6, ICR on)|
|Digital Zoom||12x (360x with optical zoom)|
|Viewing Angle||59.5° (wide end) to 2.1° (tele end)|
|FRAME CAMERA (ACCOMODATED TO CUSTOMER’S REQIREMENTS)|
|Resolution||36 mega pixels|
|Lens||AF DC Nikkor 135mm, FOV 15°x10°|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 6 fps including GPS tagging|