The Ofil DayCor® Superb-OD Portable Daytime Corona Camera can be used to record corona and arcing.
It includes a bi-spectral, solar-blind, UV-Visible camera which will remain operational in daylight and features a high signal to background ratio. This camera has been developed from DayCor’s® patented technology and is particularly sensitive to surface partial discharge. It is able to detect UV radiation from corona emissions which are as weak as 1pC from a distance of 10m and detects RIV of 7.7dBµV at 1MHz. The Ofil DayCor® Superb-OD Portable Daytime Corona Camera displays both these signals and their emitting sources, accurately overlapping the information and indicating the strength of the corona.
Its UV events counter also works to indicate the strength of detected corona as it monitors and records the number of UV events within a given time period in order to determine corona intensity.
The Ofil DayCor® Superb-OD Portable Daytime Corona Camera includes a selection of exclusive lenses and is capable of digital UV zoom, quick visible zoom and includes autofocus for both the visible and UV channels. This combination of features and lenses ensures that the user is able to easily and accurately pinpoint the location of the corona, whether from a distance or at close range.
The images and videos captured using the Ofil DayCor® Superb-OD Portable Daytime Corona Camera can be viewed via its foldable, transflective 5-inch screen with adjustable bright colour LCD. (PLEASE NOTE, this instrument has a sister product, the Ofil DayCor® Superb-XD Portable Daytime Corona Camera, which features a slightly larger display). This display has been optimised for outdoor use and for sharing images/ footage with team members.
Alternatively; media captured using the Ofil DayCor® Superb-OD Camera can be saved, with audio notes, to the removable, compact flash card for consultation and/or playback at a later date.
The Ofil DayCor® Superb-OD Portable Daytime Corona Camera has been ergonomically designed. It is lightweight, rugged and includes a supporting harness that has been anatomically fitted to distribute the camera’s weight evenly; this ensures that the camera is easy to handle and prevents the hand, back and eye strains that often accompany continuous use.
The user may operate the Ofil DayCor® Superb-OD Portable Daytime Corona Camera using its keyboard. The keyboard includes direct access to frequently used functions; once a function has been selected it is indicated on the camera’s aforementioned foldable display. This facilitates clear, easy operation of the instrument.
The Ofil DayCor® Superb-OD Portable Daytime Corona Camera’s design, features and sensitivity make it the ideal instrument for non-destructive testing and inspection of high and medium voltage equipment, including overhead transmission and distribution lines and substations.
Ofil DayCor® Superb-OD Portable Daytime Corona Camera Key Features
- Ideal for non-destructive testing and inspection of high and medium voltage equipment
- Used to record and detect corona and arcing
- Bi-spectral, solar-blind, UV-Visible camera
- High signal to background ratio
- Camera developed from DayCor’s® patented technology
- Particularly sensitive to surface discharge
- Detects UV radiation from corona emissions from as low as 1pC at a distance of 10m
- Detects RIV of 7.7dBµV at 1MHz
- Simultaneously displays both UV and RIV signals and sources, overlapping the information accurately and indicating corona strength
- UV events counter
- Selection of exclusive lenses
- Digital UV zoom
- Quick visible zoom
- Autofocus of both visible and UV channels
- Can easily and accurately pinpoint corona at long and short distances
- Images and footage can be viewed on the foldable, transflective 5-inch screen with adjustable bright colour LCD
- Screen optimised for outdoor use and for sharing footage with team members
- Images and video can also be saved with audio notes to the removable flash card
- Playback capabilities
- Lightweight and rugged
- Includes an anatomically form-fitted harness which distributes the camera’s weight evenly
- Design and harness prevent hand, back and eye aches
- Operated via keyboard
- Keyboard includes direct access to frequently used functions
- Selected functions are displayed on the screen
- Ofil DayCor® Superb-OD Portable Daytime Corona Camera
- Flight Table
- Remote Control
- CoronaWise-Corona Management Software
- Close-up Lens
- Wide Field-of-View Lens
Ofil DayCor® Superb-OD Portable Daytime Corona Camera Technical Specifications and Comparison Table
|Property||Specification||Present on the OD (X)||Present on the XD (X)|
|Minimum Discharge Detection||1pC @ 10 meters (RWE certified: IEC 60270:2000) Tested & certified||X||X|
|Minimum RIV Detection||7.7dBμV (RIV) @1MHz @10m (RWE Tested & certified: NEMA107-1987)||X||X|
|Minimum UV Sensitivity||1.5x10-18watt/cm2||X||X|
|Detector Life Span||No degradation||X||X|
|Focus||Manual and full Auto-Focus for the UV and visible channels||X||X|
|Focus Range||3m | 9ft - infinity (0.5m | 1.6ft with close up lens)||X||X|
|UV Zoom||X2 and X4||X||X|
|UV/Visible Overlay Accuracy||Deviation <1 milliradian||X||X|
|Minimum Visible Light Sensitivity||0.1 Lux||X||X|
|Rapid Visible Zoom||18 optical x 12 digital attained within 1 sec||X||X|
|Type||Adjustable, colour (Transflective) Sunlight Readable LCD||X||X|
cd/m² reflective, adjustable
|Resolution||640x480 pixels, color||X||X|
|Modes||Combine (UV & Visible), UV only, visible only||X||X|
|Video Output||NTSC via BNC jack||X||X|
|Controls and Operation|
|Rapid Zoom||Continuous, max attained within 1 second||X||X|
|Mounting Point||Standard 1/4” X20 thread tripod mount||X||X|
|Media Capture and Storage|
|Video Format (Internal)||AVI||X||X|
|Stills Format (Internal)||BMP||X||X|
|Playback||Video and still pictures||X||X|
|Digital Storage||Memory flash card||X||X|
|Physical Characteristics and Power Source|
|Weight||3.3 Kg | 7.3 lb||X||X|
|Dimensions L x W x H||L23 x W18 x H15 cm | L9.1” x W7.1” x H5.9”||X|
|Dimensions L x W x H||L23 x W18 x H16.5 cm | L9.1” x W7.1” x H6.5”||X|
|Nominal Power Consumption||12V DC, 16 Watts||X||X|
Rechargeable battery for over 2.5 hours continuous operation.
|Storage and Operation Temp||-20ºC up to +55ºC | -4ºF up to +131ºF||X||X|