The Ofil DayCor® Superb-XD Portable Daytime Corona Camera is a non-destructive instrument suitable for testing and inspecting high and medium voltage equipment such as overhead transmission and distribution lines and substations.
The Ofil DayCor® Superb-XD Portable Daytime Corona Camera includes a slightly larger foldable, transflective screen, with adjustable bright colour LCD, than its sister product the Ofil DayCor® Superb-OD Portable Daytime Corona Camera. Whereas the Superb-OD has a 5-inch screen the Superb-XD has a 6.5-inch screen. The large, foldable screen is designed to be suitable for use outside and for sharing images and footage with surrounding team members.
The display allows the user to view the captured images and footage in a sharp, clear resolution. It also works in conjunction with the Ofil DayCor® Superb-XD’s keyboard to facilitate quick and easy operation of the instrument: once a function has been selected using the function buttons on the keyboard it is displayed on the screen.
In addition to being easy-to-use, the Ofil DayCor® Superb-XD Portable Daytime Corona Camera is also ergonomically and ruggedly designed. It is suitable for use across a range of indoor and outdoor environments and is both lightweight and supplied with an anatomically form-fitted harness. This harness has been designed to distribute the camera’s weight evenly, thereby working to prevent the back, hand and eye strains which usually accompany prolonged usage.
The Ofil DayCor® Superb-XD Portable Daytime Corona Camera includes a bi-spectral, solar-blind, UV-Visible camera with a high signal to background ratio facilitating increased sensitivity to UV radiation, even during complete daylight. This camera is able to detect UV radiation from corona emissions which are as low as 1pC from a distance of 10m. It is also capable of detecting RIV at 7.7dBµV at 1MHz. The Ofil DayCor® Superb-XD Portable Daytime Corona Camera will display both of the aforementioned signals and their respective emitting sources; it is also capable of accurately overlapping this information and indicating the strength of the detected corona. This two-channel camera has been developed using DayCor’s® patented technology which ensures that it is particularly sensitive to surface partial discharge and ideal for recording corona and arcing.
In addition to its high-sensitivity, the Ofil DayCor® Superb-XD Portable Daytime Corona Camera features autofocus on its the UV and visible channels. It also includes digital UV zoom and rapid optical zoom as well as a selection of exclusive lenses. This instrument’s camera design, features and lenses ensure that the user is able to easily and accurately locate corona at both close and long ranges.
The images and videos captured using the Ofil DayCor® Superb-XD Portable Daytime Corona Camera may be viewed on the display (as previously mentioned) or can be saved, with audio notes, to the removable, compact flash card. The media saved to this card can be played back at a later date.
Finally, the Ofil DayCor® Superb-XD Portable Daytime Corona Camera also includes a UV events counter which records the number of UV events during a particular time period, thereby determining the intensity of the detected corona.
The Ofil DayCor® Superb-XD Portable Daytime Corona Camera is a practical, efficient, highly sensitive instrument ideal for detecting and recording corona and arcing.
Ofil DayCor® Superb-XD Portable Daytime Corona Camera Key Features
- Non-destructive instrument suitable for testing and inspecting high and medium voltage equipment
- 6.5”, foldable, transflective screen with adjustable bright colour LCD
- Display optimised for use outdoors and for sharing images with surrounding team members
- Keyboard includes function buttons
- Selected function is indicated on the display
- Ergonomically and ruggedly designed
- Suitable for use both inside and outside
- Lightweight and supplied with an anatomically form-fitted harness
- Harness distributes camera weight preventing hand, back and eye strain
- Bi-spectral, solar-blind, UV-Visible camera
- High signal to background ratio
- Can detect UV radiation from corona emissions which are as low as 1pC, from a distance of 10m
- Can detect RIV at 7.7dBµV at 1MHz
- Displays RIV and UV radiation signals and sources
- Accurately overlaps RIV and UV radiation information
- Indicates strength of detected corona
- Two-channel camera developed using patented DayCor® technology
- Camera particularly sensitive to surface partial discharge
- Autofocus on both visible and UV channels
- Digital UV zoom
- Rapid optical zoom
- Includes a selection of exclusive lenses
- Can easily and accurately locate corona at both long and short ranges
- Images and videos can be viewed on the display
- Images and videos can be saved with audio notes to the removable, compact, flash card
- UV events counter
- Ofil DayCor® Superb-XD Portable Daytime Corona Camera
- Flight Table
- Remote Control
- CoronaWise-Corona Management Software
- Close-up Lens
- Wide Field-of-View Lens
Ofil DayCor® Superb-XD Portable Daytime Corona Camera Technical Specifications and Comparison Table
|Property||Specification||Present on the OD (X)||Present on the XD (X)|
|Minimum Discharge Detection||1pC @ 10 meters (RWE certified: IEC 60270:2000) Tested & certified||X||X|
|Minimum RIV Detection||7.7dBμV (RIV) @1MHz @10m (RWE Tested & certified: NEMA107-1987)||X||X|
|Minimum UV Sensitivity||1.5x10-18watt/cm2||X||X|
|Detector Life Span||No degradation||X||X|
|Focus||Manual and full Auto-Focus for the UV and visible channels||X||X|
|Focus Range||3m | 9ft - infinity (0.5m | 1.6ft with close up lens)||X||X|
|UV Zoom||X2 and X4||X||X|
|UV/Visible Overlay Accuracy||Deviation <1 milliradian||X||X|
|Minimum Visible Light Sensitivity||0.1 Lux||X||X|
|Rapid Visible Zoom||18 optical x 12 digital attained within 1 sec||X||X|
|Type||Adjustable, colour (Transflective) Sunlight Readable LCD||X||X|
cd/m² reflective, adjustable
|Resolution||640x480 pixels, color||X||X|
|Modes||Combine (UV & Visible), UV only, visible only||X||X|
|Video Output||NTSC via BNC jack||X||X|
|Controls and Operation|
|Rapid Zoom||Continuous, max attained within 1 second||X||X|
|Mounting Point||Standard 1/4” X20 thread tripod mount||X||X|
|Media Capture and Storage|
|Video Format (Internal)||AVI||X||X|
|Stills Format (Internal)||BMP||X||X|
|Playback||Video and still pictures||X||X|
|Digital Storage||Memory flash card||X||X|
|Physical Characteristics and Power Source|
|Weight||3.3 Kg | 7.3 lb||X||X|
|Dimensions L x W x H||L23 x W18 x H15 cm | L9.1” x W7.1” x H5.9”||X|
|Dimensions L x W x H||L23 x W18 x H16.5 cm | L9.1” x W7.1” x H6.5”||X|
|Nominal Power Consumption||12V DC, 16 Watts||X||X|
Rechargeable battery for over 2.5 hours continuous operation.
|Storage and Operation Temp||-20ºC up to +55ºC | -4ºF up to +131ºF||X||X|