The Ofil DayCor® Swift Corona Monitoring Camera is a solar blind, bi-spectral, UV-visible, block camera optimised for use with UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles), helicopters and surveillance systems. It can be attached to fixed mounts or moving pans with 360° rotation.
This camera is intended for the real-time, detecting, viewing and monitoring of corona within high and medium voltage apparatus. This instrument can be set to issue a visual and audible alarm when it identifies corona. The user can also tailor the Ofil DayCor® Swift to alert him/her, in real-time, to changes in corona levels/ intensity, please call for details.
The Ofil DayCor® Swift Corona Monitoring Camera is extremely sensitive to UVc emissions, which it is able to perceive in total daylight as a result of its solar blind technology. It is also able to prevent the effects of noise and false signals. As such the Ofil DayCor® Swift Corona Monitoring Camera has been certified as complying with the IEC 60270:2000 industry standard for UVc sensitivity.
Due to its high-sensitivity to UVc radiation, the Ofil DayCor® Swift is able to scan for and record footage of corona from distances as short as 1.5m (4.9 feet) to infinity. Media captured at 1.5m is transmitted without a delay and the Ofil DayCor® Swift Corona Monitoring Camera is able to operate continuously without overheating.
By transmitting footage of corona in real-time the user is able to accurately view the installation allowing him/her to pinpoint the exact location of the corona source and therefore the electrical fault. This instrument's ability to accurately overlay UV footage of corona onto digital images without distorting the picture also ensures that the user is able to see instances of corona clearly.
In addition to this, the Ofil DayCor® Swift Corona Monitoring Camera can be used with other IR and HD imaging devices, allowing the user to compile comprehensive images or footage of the electrical installation.
Moreover, the integrated UV photon counting application allows the user to determine the intensity of the corona discharge, thereby allowing him/her to ascertain the severity of the electrical fault.
Finally, in terms of its physicality, the Ofil DayCor® Swift Corona Monitoring Camera has been designed to remain rigidly in position whether attached to a gimbal or tripod mount. To this end it features a stabilising plate, ensuring that the user is able to capture smooth footage.
Adding to its versatility of application is its ability to be attached and detached from various mounts quickly and easily. It is also equipped with a rigid case and high-precision detector ensuring that it is suitable for use in a variety of challenging environments.
The Ofil DayCor® Swift Corona Monitoring Camera can be remotely controlled using either a wired or wireless remote control. It is a versatile, practical product which is easily adapted to the user’s needs, making it suitable for a variety of corona detection applications.
Ofil DayCor® Swift Corona Monitoring Camera Key Features
- Solar blind, bi-spectral, UV-visible, block camera optimised for detecting corona
- Can be attached to UAVs, helicopters, surveillance systems, fixed mounts or moving pans with 360° rotation
- Real-time detecting, viewing and monitoring of corona
- Suitable for inspecting high and medium voltage apparatus
- Can be tailored to alert the user, in real time, to changes in corona levels/intensity (please call for further details)
- Can be set to issue visual and audible alarms when corona is detected
- Extremely sensitive to UVc emissions
- Can detect UVc radiation in daylight as a result of its solar blind technology
- Eliminates noise and false signals
- UVc sensitivity is certified as complying with the IEC 60270:2000 industry standard
- Scan and record footage of corona from 1.5m to infinity
- Media captured at 1.5m can be transmitted without a delay
- Operates continuously without overheating
- Transmits footage in real-time during daylight
- Accurately view the installation and pinpoint the location of corona
- Overlay UV footage onto digital footage without distorting the picture
- Can be used with IR and HD imagers
- UV photon count
- Stabilising plate ensures that it remains rigidly in place whether attached to a gimbal or tripod
- Easy to attach and detach
- Rigid case
- High-precision detector
- Suitable for use in extreme conditions
- Remotely controlled via RS232 communication protocol
- Compatible with wired and wireless remote controls
- Ofil DayCor® Swift Corona Monitoring Camera
- Hard Case
- AC-DC adapter
- Power, Communication and Video Cables
- Operating Manual
Ofil DayCor® Swift Corona Monitoring Camera Technical Specifications
|ULTRA VIOLET (UV) - OPTICAL PROPERTIES|
|Sunlight Rejection||Absolute – in all sunlight and all weather conditions, target can be inspected with the sun in the field of view|
|Minimum Discharge Detection||1pC @ 10 meters (RWE tested & certified: DIN EN 60270 (VDE 0340):2001-08)|
|Minimum RIV Detection||3.6dBμV (RIV) @1MHz @10m (RWE tested & certified: NEMA107-1987)|
|Minimum UV Sensitivity||2.6 x 10-18 watt/cm²|
|Variable UV Gain||10 Steps, to enhance detectivity|
|Field of View H x V||6.4° x 4.8°|
|Detector Life Span||No degradation|
|Focus Range||1.5m|4.9ft – Infinity|
|Corona Color||Can be selected to accommodate for various scenes or match individual preferences|
|UV Frames Integration||On| Off|
|VISIBLE - OPTICAL CONFIGURATION|
|Auto Focus Mode||Yes|
|UV/Visible Overlay Accuracy||Deviation < 1 miliradian|
|Minimum Visible Light Sensitivity||0.1Lux|
|Zoom||10 optical x 12 digital (120 optical x digital)|
|CONTROLS AND OPERATION|
|Video output||NTSC standard|
|Operating Duration||Unlimited. No overheating|
|PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTIC & POWER SOURCE|
|Storage and Operation Temp||-200 C up to +550 C | -4ºF up to +131ºF|
|Weight||1.4kg | 3.08lb|
|Dimensions L x W x H||L247 x W125 x H73 mm | L9.72” x W4.93” x H2.87”|
|Nominal Power Consumption||6.5÷10 VDC, 14 Watts|
|Vibration and Shock||ETSI EN 300 019-2-5 V3.0.0 (2002-12), IEC 60068-2-64|
|Communication||RS-232 (baud rate: 9.6 Kb/s, 19.2 Kb/s, 38.4 Kb/s, Stop bit: 1/2 selectable)|