or Call 01642 931 329 to discuss alternatives
*** Please note that this product has been discontinued. It has been replaced by the Parrot Anafi Thermal Drone, available here. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. ***
The Parrot BeBop-Pro Thermal Drone includes dual, integrated visual and thermal cameras. As such it is ideal for architects, builders, roofers and real-estate agencies requiring a tool to identify and provide evidence of thermal losses, water damage, or other structural failings quickly and easily. It is also of particular use to first responders requiring a method to capture the scene in an instant. Digital images can be used to assess terrain and identify hazards, whilst the drone's thermal imaging can be used to measure temperatures and locate organic life, such as people and pets, in need of assistance, as illustrated in the following video.
Dual Integrated Thermal and Visual Cameras
The Parrot BeBop-Pro Thermal Drone includes a front-mounted high-definition, digital, 14MP CMOS 1/2.3” camera with a wide angle lens. The camera is kept steady via a 3-axis stabilisation structure, making it capable of capturing smooth 1080P full HD videos and 14 MP photographs.
The Parrot BeBop-Pro Thermal Drone includes a number of auto-shot features, including a 360° panorama mode, which can be engaged at the touch of a button.
This digital HD camera is ideal for performing visual inspections of various properties making the Parrot BeBop-Pro Thermal Drone of particular use to building professionals. With regards to first responders and search and rescue applications, aerial digital images provide an effective way to identify hazards and evaluate terrain, improving the efficiency and precision with which emergency operations can be conducted.
Furthermore, images and videos captured using the digital camera can be used in conjunction with the thermal images captured using the onboard FLIR One Pro Camera to locate and provide evidence of thermal losses, water damage and other structural failings, as well as assess temperatures and locate individuals in need of rescue.
FLIR One Pro Thermal Camera
For further information regarding the FLIR One Pro Camera, please follow this link.
The FLIR One Pro Thermal Camera features dual thermal and visual cameras. It has a thermal resolution of 19200 pixels (160 x 120p) which are 12µm in size. Further to this, the FLIR One Pro’s thermal sensitivity is 70mk and it can register temperatures between -20°C and 400°C (-4°F and 752°F).
The FLIR One Pro Thermal Camera also includes a number of technologies that enable it to capture thermal images of a higher quality that are clearer, sharper and more detailed. It includes VividIR™ Image Processing Technology which increases the number of pixels within each image by up to four times and enhances native IR resolutions. This, in turn, improves the accuracy of the temperature measurements and increases the clarity of the details contained within the thermal images.
VividIR™ Image Processing Technology is at its most effective when used with the FLIR One Pro’s MSX® Technology. MSX® utilises both the thermal and visual cameras contained on the FLIR One Pro; it adds visual details to thermal images thereby improving the sharpness and perspective of these pictures. When used with the VividIR™ Technology, the FLIR One Pro Thermal Camera can capture photos of the highest possible quality, thereby improving the ease with which they can be interpreted.
In addition to these technologies, the FLIR One Pro also includes multiple temperature meters and level/span controls. It is ideal for identifying water damage and excessive heat.
Thermal and digital images and digital videos may be saved to the Parrot BeBop-Pro Thermal Drone’s 32GB onboard memory. Alternatively, they can be streamed to the user’s compatible Android smartphone or tablet and the included Parrot Skycontroller 2 via the FreeFlight Thermal Mobile App (available through Google Play). It has a transmission distance of up to 2km/ 1.2 miles.
FreeFlight Thermal App
The FreeFlight Thermal App has been optimised for use with the Parrot BeBop-Pro Thermal Drone. It can be used to capture visual images and videos, as well as thermal images. Media captured can be streamed to the Parrot Skycontroller 2 or to a compatible Android phone or tablet.
In addition to these capabilities, the FreeFlight Thermal App facilitates the user’s ability to select between the thermal and digital cameras as required. It includes three colour palettes, Standard, Dynamic and Hotspot, which can be used to capture and replay thermal videos and images. Thermal videos can be exported to a standard video format.
The Parrot BeBop-Pro Thermal Drone is piloted using the Parrot Skycontroller 2. Furthermore, the quadcopter is supplied with three high-capacity batteries each of which is able to provide it with up to twenty-five minutes of flight time. The UAV is able to reach maximum speeds of 40mph/ 65 km/h when used in Sports mode.
The Parrot BeBop-Pro Thermal Drone includes a number of flight functions designed to improve the ease, safety and convenience with which it can be piloted. For instance, it includes an Auto Return Home function, facilitated by Fly Safely technology, and a Follow Me mode.
Fly Safely technology utilises GPS/GLONASS satellite tracking technology and optical ground recognition to ensure that the drone is steady and safe throughout its flight. This technology also works to help locate the drone (should this become necessary); facilitates its ability to return to ‘home’ when the Auto Return Home function is engaged and can be used to prevent the quadcopter from leaving a specified flight range.
Similarly the Follow Me mode utilises GPS tracking information and visual recognition technology. It also makes use of the user’s smartphone barometer. When these sources of data are combined the Parrot BeBop-Pro Thermal Drone is able to follow the user and record his/her actions. For instance, using this mode the pilot can follow himself/herself as he/she conducts a building inspection. It is also suitable for hobbyists wishing to film themselves cycling, rowing or running, etc.
The Parrot BeBop-Pro Thermal Drone is constructed from a blend of carbon fibre and the lightweight yet resilient plastic Grilamid. It is black in colour and includes a matte black and glossy black finish.
The Parrot BeBop-Pro Thermal Drone is ideal for those involved in the building and construction industries, as well as those working in the police and fire and rescue services. Its dual visual and thermal cameras make it suitable for conducting quick yet comprehensive external inspections of properties, as well as ideal for evaluating emergency situations. Please see the video below for further information.
Parrot BeBop-Pro Thermal Drone Key Features
- Includes dual, integrated visual and thermal cameras
- Ideal for architects, builders, roofers and real-estate agencies requiring a tool to identify and provide evidence of thermal losses, water damage and/or other structural damage
- Ideal for emergency and first response services, such as fire and rescue, paramedics, and police, requiring a tool to assess emergency situations in an instant
- Locate individuals in need of rescue, identify hazards, assess terrain, and measure temperatures
- Ideal for external building inspections
- Front-mounted, high-definition, digital, 14MP CMOS 1/2.3” camera with a wide angle lens
- 3-axis stabilisation
- Capture smooth 1080p full HD videos
- Capture 14MP photographs
- Includes auto-shot features such as a 360° panorama mode
- On-board FLIR One Pro Thermal Camera
- FLIR One Pro has a thermal resolution of 19200 pixels (160 x 120p)
- Pixels are 12µm in size
- Thermal sensitivity: 70mK
- Temperature range: -20°C to 400°C (-4°F to 752°F)
- VividIR™ Image Processing Technology
- MSX® Technology
- Use VividIR and MSX® together to capture the highest possible quality thermal images
- FLIR One Pro includes multiple temperature meters and level/span controls
- FLIR One Pro is ideal for identifying water damage and excessive heat
- Save media to the onboard 32GB memory
- Stream media to a compatible Android smartphone or tablet or the Parrot Skycontroller 2 via the FreeFlight Thermal Mobile App
- FreeFlight Thermal Mobile App is available through Google Play
- Transmission distance 2km/ 1.2 miles
- FreeFlight App can be used to select between the digital camera and the thermal camera as required
- FreeFlight App includes three thermal colour palettes: Standard, Dynamic and Hotspot
- Capture and replay thermal videos in any of the above thermal palettes using the app
- Export thermal videos to a standard video format via the FreeFlight App
- Pilot the drone using the included Parrot Skycontroller 2
- High-capacity battery provides the drone with 25 minutes of flight time
- Reach maximum speeds of 40mph/ 65 km/h when used in Sports mode
- Fly-safely technology
- Auto Return to Home
- Follow Me mode
- Constructed from a blend of carbon fibre and Grilamid
- Matte black and glossy black finish
- Ideal for those involved in the building and construction industries
- Suitable for conducting quick yet comprehensive external inspections of properties, as well as evaluating emergency situations
- Ideal for identifying and locating thermal losses, water damage and other structural failings
- Ideal for locating people, identifying hazards, assessing terrain, and measuring temperatures
- 1x Parrot BeBop-Pro Thermal Drone
- 1x FLIR One Pro Thermal Camera
- 1x Parrot Skycontroller 2
- 3x Power Batteries
- 1x Backpack
- 2x Chargers
Parrot BeBop-Pro Thermal Drone Technical Specifications
|Parrot BeBop-Pro Thermal Drone General Specifications|
|Visual camera||Full HD 1080p|
FLIR ONE®Pro Thermal Imaging Camera
25 minutes flying time (with Power Battery)
|Storage||32 GB Extended memory|
up to 2km in an interference-free and unobstructed environment
|RGB Camera Specifications|
|Sensor||CMOS 14 MP|
|Optical||180° fish-eye lens: 1/2.3 aperture|
|Video stabilizer||3-axis digital system|
|Video resolution||1920 x 1080p (30fps)|
|Photo resolution||4096 x 3072 pixels|
|Photo format||JPEG, RAW, DNG|
|Internal memory||32 GB Flash|
|Thermal Imaging Camera Specifications|
Pixel size 12μM, 8 – 14μM spectral range
|HFOV / VFOV||55 ° ± 1 ° / 43 ° ± 1 °|
|Focus||Fixed 15cm – Infinity|
|Scene dynamic range||
-20 °C to 400 °C
±3 °C (5.4 °F) or ±5%, typical percent of the difference between ambient and scene temperature. Applicable 60s after start-up when the unit is within 15 °C to 35 °C (59 °F to 95 °F) and the scene is within 5 °C to 120 °C (41 °F to 248 °F)
68mm W x34mm H x14mm D (2.7in x 1.3in x .6in)
|Connectivity & Performance Specifications|
|Network||MIMO Dual band|
|Wi-Fi Aerials||2.4 and 5 GHz|
|Parrot Skycontroller 2 General Specifications|
|Dimensions||200 x 180 x 110 mm|
|Li-Po battery||2700 mAh|
|Battery life||240 minutes|
|Includes||USB plugs and WiFi MIMO antennas|