This cable avoidance tool is made for use alongside the Genny4, also from Radiodetection. They should be used together to ensure both signal-generating and non-generating buried utilities can be successfully located.
Please note that this tester is available with your choice of the following extras (selectable from the drop-down box above). The standard variation without these extras is also available.
Simultaneously search for and pinpoint Genny, Power and Radio signals for rapid surveying.
Detects the signals transmitted by Genny4, with on-demand estimation of the depth (+ models only) of buried utilities.
Detects the electromagnetic fields generated by loaded power cables.
StrikeAlert Warning (Optional)
SWING Warning (Optional)
- StrikeAlert - This special function alerts the user to the presence of shallow buried utilities quickly
- CalSafe - CAT4's that use this function can be set to automatically deactivate on expiry of calibration to help ensure compliance with individual company policies
- StrikeAlert and CalSafe - both functions are included in this model, making it the most complete version of this tester
eCAT4 Cable Avoidance Tool
While the standard range of CAT4's from Radiodetection are excellent products, the functionality of the eCAT4 range makes them by far the superior testing instruments in this range.
Made as a result of extensive research into testing the ground in order to effectively locate buried utilities, thus allowing excavation professionals to safely dig around these utilities, the eCAT4 provides a comprehensive solution for detecting, logging and avoiding gas piping, water pipes, telecom cables, streetlight spurs and any other buried utilities.
One of the most useful exclusive functions found on the eCAT4 range is the inclusion of built-in datalogging capabilities. This allows the user to log more than a year's worth of testing data onto on-board memory and direct download into PC is easy. Further interaction with this data can be carried out by using CAT Manager software (sold separately) and it is possible to log the following factors: mode of use, date and time of survey, angle of use, bargraph readout, depth measurements made, last/next calibration date, genny/power/radio signal strengths, StrikeAlert/SWING warning statuses, audio status, sensitivity control setting, battery status and Dynamic Overload Protection/signal overload status.
The eCAT4 also comes with a built-in CAL service indicator that generates a 31-day service due countdown on the built-in LCD screen and uses Radiodetection's SWING technology to alert the user to excessive or rapid swinging of the instrument (which often leads to missed detection). The unit is equipped with sensors to detect incorrect usage with an alert to let the user know they're not testing correctly.
Detected signal information is relayed through an LCD screen at the top of the instrument. This tester is able to use four separate modes to detect signals, each of which can be used for specialised applications. The first of these, avoidance, allows the user to simultaneously search for and pinpoint genny, power and radio signals. The second mode, genny, picks up on signals emitted by the Genny4 signal generator. The third mode, power, detects electromagnetic fields from live cables and the fourth, radio, detects long-range radio signals as they travel along buried cables and pipes.
- Lightweight ABS casing - with IP54 rating for protection against dust and water, you can use the eCAT4 in any weather conditions
- Runs on 2 x D-cell batteries
- USB port allows direct interfacing and download to PC
- Controllable sensitivity
- Massive on-board memory stores over a year's worth of data (including information about multiple different parameters)
- Remote calibration validation possible via an internet connection to Radiodetection
- Dynamic overload protection automatically filters out electrical noise generates by HV areas such as substations and overhead lines
- Made for use with the Genny4 Signal Generator
- Calibration due warning function
- Optional StrikeAlert function alerts the user to shallow utilities
- Optional CalSafe function automatically disables the instrument if the calibration interval is passed
- Compatible with CAT Manager software for logging information and interacting with it further
- SWING warning alerts the user to excessive swinging, which can affect test results
- Avoidance, Genny, Power and Radio modes
- Real sound technology
- Bright backlit LCD screen
- Small Diameter Locate frequency for finding smaller objects such as spurs
Radiodetection eCAT4 Technical Specifications
|Locate Performance||Sensitivity @1M||Good Conditions||Poor Conditions|
|Dynamic Range||120dB @ 10Hz|
|Dynamic Overload Protection||40dB @ 50hz (automatic)|
|Locate Accuracy||±10% of depth|
(on undistorted signal with no adjacent signals)
|Line: 5% 0.1m to 3m (4in to 10ft)
Sonde: 5% 0.1m to 7m (4in to 16ft)
|Operating Temperature Range||-20 to 50°C|
|Batteries||2 x LR20 (D) 1.5V alkaline
Compatible with D type NiMH rechargeable batteries
|Data Interface||USB 2.0|
|Recommended Service Interval||1 Year|
|Warranty||12 months from purchase|
|Data Storage Capacity||2GB|
|Calibration Due Warning||Countdown from 31 days before due|