This cable avoidance tool is made for use alongside the Genny4, also from Radiodetection. They should be used together to ensure both signal-generating and non-generating buried utilities can be successfully located.
Please note that this tester is available with your choice of the following extras (selectable from the drop-down box above). The standard variation without these extras is also available.
- StrikeAlert - This special function alerts the user to the presence of shallow buried utilities quickly
- CalSafe - CAT4's that use this function can be set to automatically deactivate on expiry of calibration to help ensure compliance with individual company policies
- StrikeAlert and CalSafe - both functions are included in this model, making it the most complete version of this tester
Simultaneously search for and pinpoint Genny, Power and Radio signals for rapid surveying.
Detects the signals transmitted by Genny4, with on-demand estimation of the depth (+ models only) of buried utilities.
Detects the electromagnetic fields generated by loaded power cables.
eCAT4 + Cable Avoidance Tool
The best overall model in Radiodetection's range of cable avoidance tools. The eCAT4+ provides a comprehensive solution for detecting the presence of signal-generating underground utilities and - via the use of a Genny4 signal generator (sold separately) - can also be used to map out the location of non-signal generating utilities.
Designed for use outdoors by excavation professionals, the eCAT4+ is lightweight, resistant to weather and essential for detecting and avoiding underground hazards. By scanning with this tool and the Genny4, users can clearly map out the distribution of underground utilities, ensuring accidental strikes don't occur and damage isn't inflicted on the person digging or the utility.
Four different signal modes are available on the eCAT4+, allowing it to detect everything from live cabling to non-signal generating utilities such as piping. The first of these, radio mode, can be used to detect long-range radio signals as they travel along buried cables and pipes. The second, power mode, detects electromagnetic fields put out by loaded underground cables. The third, genny, detects the signals generated from a Genny4 signal generator and the final mode, avoidance, speeds up testing by simultaneously searching for and pinpointing genny, power and radio signals. All of this information is relayed through the built-in LCD screen at the top of the instruments.
Completely exclusive to the eCAT4+ is a depth estimation function, allowing the user to more accurately determine the overall depth of the detected utility. Built-in extensive memory also ensures that over a year's worth of information can be stored and later downloaded to PC via the built-in USB port. Multiple parameters can be logged directly onto this cable avoidance tool, including mode of use, date and time of survey, angle of use, bargraph readout, depth measurements made, last/next calibration date, genny/power/radio signal strengths, StrikeAlert/SWING warning statuses, audio status, sensitivity control setting, battery status and dynamic overload protection/signal overload status.
One of the biggest problems that excavation work has is actually determining the presence of a utility, but many people who use CAT/Gennys do not do so correctly due to swinging the tester too aggressively. The eCAT4+ solves this problem by including built-in SWING technology that instantly alerts the user if excessive swinging is detected (integrated sensors on the instrument know when this is happening).
Radiodetection eCAT4+ Cable Avoidance Tool Key Features
- Lightweight, portable design for repeated use.
- IP54 rated for protection against the weather
- Adjustable sensitivity
- Made for use with the Genny4 Signal Generator
- USB port for connection to PC
- High contrast display with auto-backlight
- Bargraph tidemark for determining signal location
- Massive built-in memory stores over a year's worth of data in various formats
- Download to PC and interact with data further using CAT Manager software (sold separately)
- ECert remote calibration validation - connect to Radiodetection via the internet to calibrate your instrument
- Small Diameter function finds cables such as telecom twisted cables and spurs
- Service-due indicator alerts the user 31 days before calibration is due
- Optional StrikeAlert function shows the presence of shallow buried utilities
- Optional CalSafe option locks out access to the tester if the calibration date is passed
- Avoidance, Genny, Power and Radio detection modes
- Depth estimation function
Radiodetection eC.A.T4+ Technical Specifications
|Locate Performance||Sensitivity @1M||Good Conditions||Poor Conditions|
|Dynamic Range||120dB @ 10Hz|
|Dynamic Overload Protection||40dB @ 50hz (automatic)|
|Locate Accuracy||±10% of depth|
(on undistorted signal with no adjacent signals)
|Line: 5% 0.1m to 3m (4in to 10ft)
Sonde: 5% 0.1m to 7m (4in to 16ft)
|Operating Temperature Range||-20 to 50°C|
|Batteries||2 x LR20 (D) 1.5V alkaline
Compatible with D type NiMH rechargeable batteries
|Data Interface||USB 2.0|
|Recommended Service Interval||1 Year|
|Warranty||12 months from purchase|
|Data Storage Capacity||2GB|
|Calibration Due Warning||Countdown from 31 days before due|