Test insulation systems and breakdown voltage on electrical plant/components with this high voltage AC test set.
The system is capable of producing maximum voltage of up to 100kV with current output with two selectable ranges of 0-10mA and 0-100mA. The output voltage is displayed using an analogue needle indicator with dual-scale marking of 0 to 3kV and 0 to 6kV.
Both the tester and its output are protected by adjustable current trip linked directly to the current range. This level can be set from 20 to 120% of the current range in 20% steps, giving the user full control over trip.
When testing, the KV5-100 will use a combination of audible and visual indicators to display breakdown. This alarm must be manually reset after tripping before testing is allowed to continue.
T & R KV5-100 mk2 High Voltage AC Test Set Key Features
- Continuously variable output voltage from 0 to 5kV AC
- Variable trip current from 2-12mA and 20-120mA
- Monitors both output voltage and current using analogue needle indicators
- Visual and audible indication of voltage breakdown
- Compact and lightweight design with carrying handle for easier transportation
- Burn feature - 100mA maximum current on short circuit
- Key operated switch - prevents unauthorised use
- In compliance with BS1363
- Permanently-connected test lead
- T & R KV5-100 mk2 High Voltage AC Test Set
- Operating Manual
- Mains Lead
- Spare Fuse
T & R KV5 Technical Specifications
|Output Range||Variable from 0 to 5kV AC|
|Output Rating||50mA continuous
100mA for 5 minutes followed by off time of 15 minutes
|Accuracy||±1.5% of FS|
|Accuracy||±3% of FS|
|Types||Electronic overload protection circuit
|Trip Current||User-selectable from 2mA and 120mA|
|Trip Condition||Indicated by illuminated push button and audible alarm|
|Short Circuit Current Limit||100mA (In Circuit)
Approx 2A (Out of circuit)
Designed to be operated in conjunction with an interlocked test enclosure
|Type||Zero interlock that prevents the output being energised unless the output control is in the zero position.
Also includes external interlock connection, allowing the fitting of external emergency off buttons and test enclosure/cage door interlocks
|Range||115V ±10% 50/60Hz 1ph 600VA max
240V ±10% 50/60Hz 1ph 600V max
|Storage Temperature||-20 to 60°C|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 45°C|
|Dimensions||364 x 147 x 262mm|