The TestSafe TS-RF-PROT01 Portable Protein Refractometer is ideal for measuring the specific gravity of urine and blood plasma in order to determine protein levels.
This instrument includes a serum protein measurement range of 0-12g/dl and a specific gravity range of 1.0 to 1.050. Urine usually has a specific gravity of between 1.003 and 1.035 and blood plasma of 1.0310, whereas blood has a specific gravity of approximately 1.060.
Often, determining whether blood and urine protein levels are abnormal is an effective way of identifying illness before external symptoms become visible. Protein in urine can indicate kidney failure, whereas high protein in blood plasma may indicate dehydration or blood diseases. Low protein in blood plasma may indicate a liver disorder or a disorder which causes the body not to absorb protein effectively.
The TestSafe TS-RF-PROT01 Portable Protein Refractometer is simple to use
1.) Add two to three drops of the fluid-under-investigation to the prism
2.) Hold the refractometer to the light
3.) Look through the eyepiece to read the scale
4.) Convert measurements as necessary
The integrated eyepiece improves this meter’s portability, whilst its rubber grip and lightweight aluminium body add to its practicality.
The TestSafe TS-RF-PROT01 Portable Protein Refractometer is an ergonomic instrument, ideal for use in veterinary applications.
TestSafe TS-RF-PROT01 Portable Protein Refractometer Key Features
- Measure the specific gravity of blood and urine
- Measure the serum protein of blood plasma
- Serum protein range of 0-12g/dl
- Specific gravity range: 1.003 to 1.050
- Test for the first signs of illness before external symptoms appear
- Simple to use
- Place 2-3 drops of liquid on the prism
- Hold the refractometer to the light
- Look down the eyepiece to read the scale
- Convert measurements if necessary
- Integrated eyepiece
- Rubber grip
- Lightweight aluminium body
- Ideal for use in veterinary applications
- TestSafe TS-RF-PROT01 Portable Protein Refractometer
- Cleaning Cloth
- Small Screwdriver
- Instruction Manual
TestSafe TS-RF-PROT01 Portable Protein Refractometer Technical Specifications