The TestSafe TS-RF-PROT02 Portable Protein Refractometer can be used to measure the level of protein in blood, blood plasma and urine.
This instrument has a serum protein measurement range of 2 to 14g/dl and a refractive index range of 1.0-1.060RI. When measuring the protein content of blood, blood plasma or urine, the greater the amount of protein, the more severe the degree of light refraction and therefore the higher the refractive index of the liquid.
This instrument may be particularly useful to veterinarians as it can be used to test blood, blood plasma and urine for abnormal protein levels in order to identify illnesses before external symptoms become apparent. For instance, high protein in urine may indicate kidney failure, whereas low protein in blood plasma may suggest liver failure and high protein in the blood plasma could suggest blood disease.
The TestSafe TS-RF-PROT02 Portable Protein Refractometer has been ergonomically designed and features an integrated eyepiece, rubber grip and is constructed from aluminium ensuring that it is lightweight. It is simple-to-use, the operator need only perform the following actions:
1.) Place two to three drops of the liquid-under-investigation onto the prism/ sample plate
2.) Hold the refractometer up to a natural light source
3.) Look through the integrated eyepiece to read the scale
4.) Convert measurements if necessary
The TestSafe TS-RF-PROT02 Portable Protein Refractometer is a practical, rugged instrument optimised for measuring protein levels in liquid.
TestSafe TS-RF-PROT02 Portable Protein Refractometer Key Features
- Measure the level of protein in liquids
- Suitable for testing urine, blood and blood plasma
- Serum protein range: 2-14g/dl
- Refractive index range: 1.0-1.060RI
- Ideal for veterinarians
- Test for illness before visible symptoms appear
- Integrated eyepiece
- Rubber grip
- Aluminium body ensures it is lightweight
- Simple to use
- Place 2-3 drops of the liquid-under-investigation on the sample plate
- Hold the refractometer to the light source
- Look through the eyepiece to read the scale
- Convert measurements if necessary
- TestSafe TS-RF-PROT02 Portable Protein Refractometer
- Cleaning Cloth
- Small Screwdriver
- Instruction Manual
TestSafe TS-RF-PROT02 Portable Protein Refractometer Technical Specifications
|Serum Protein||2-14g/ dl|