The Crowcon Clip SGD Personal Single Gas Detector is available in a variety of models. These are listed in the drop-down selection.
Each model is optimised to detect one of the three following gases: oxygen (O2), OR hydrogen sulphide (H2S) OR carbon monoxide (CO).
With respect to the selected gas, each model is then configured to region-specific alarm levels. For further information regarding the gases and alarm levels available on each of the above models, please consult the following table.
|Gas Type||Part Number||Set Low Alarm Limit||Set High Alarm Limit|
|Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)||CL-H-2||2ppm||5ppm|
|Carbon Monoxide (CO)||CL-C-25||25ppm||50ppm|
|Oxygen (O2)||CL-O-19||19% vol.||23.5% vol.|
|CL-O-19.5||19.5% vol.||23.5% vol.|
Crowcon Clip SGD Personal Single Gas Detector Description
The Crowcon Clip SGD Personal Single Gas Detector is an updated version of the Crowcon Clip Personal Single Gas Detector and as such features most of the functions present on this previous model. Like the previous model, the Crowcon Clip SGD has a life of two years, after which time it will become necessary to replace the instrument.
The Crowcon Clip SGD differs in its extended event log which has been increased to include storage room for up to thirty most recent events. Furthermore, rather than providing a full function self-test upon activation and subsequently every twenty hours, this updated model will perform a daily self-test of activation.
In addition to this, the Crowcon Clip SGD is both slightly larger and heavier and features an audible alarm (90db) five decibels quieter than the previous model. For further information regarding the difference and similarities between these two models please consult the PDF ' Crowcon Clip and Clip SGD Comparison Table', listed under ‘Technical Specifications’.
User safety is the sole purpose of these gas detecting instruments and to that end they have been optimised to be as accurate, effective and practical as possible. Like the Crowcon Clip Personal Single Gas Detector, the Crowcon Clip SGD alerts the user once hazardous gas levels have been detected through issuing an audible alarm, flashing LED lights on the top, front and side of the instrument, as well as vibrating.
Their changeable alarms ensure that these gas detectors do not become obsolete if regulations and/or company procedures are altered, whilst the Crowcon Clip SGD Docking Station (not included, but available for purchase here) helps to maintain the accuracy and reliability of the Crowcon Clip SGD Personal Single Gas Detectors by performing bump tests (the Crowcon Clip SGD will also indicate to the user when a bump test is needed). The docking station (not included) can also be utilised to update configurations of up to four gas detectors simultaneously, as well as monitor their event records, test parameters and detector settings.
The Crowcon Clip SGD Personal Single Gas Detector is compact and lightweight as well as resistant to dust and water ingress (IP66 and IP67). This coupled with its clip-on design; wide operating temperature range and intrinsically safe (ATEX) certification ensure that this product is practical, convenient and rugged, suitable for an eclectic range of environments.
This simple-to-use product features a single button operation system ensuring that it can be utilised quickly and safely by users of all experiences. Therefore the Crowcon Clip SGD Personal Single Gas Detector is ideal for protecting users in almost all harsh industrial conditions.
Crowcon Clip SGD Personal Single Gas Detector Key Features
- A single gas detector available in three gas configurations and configurable to a number of region alarm settings
- Can detect either oxygen (O2), hydrogen sulphide (H2S) or carbon monoxide (CO)
- Updated version of the Crowcon Clip Personal Single Gas Detector
- Two-year life
- Event log with room for the 30 most recent events
- Daily self-test of activation
- Audible 90db alarm
- Visual alarm via flashing LED lights on front, top and sides
- Vibrating alarm
- Changeable alarm settings
- Bump Test Due indication
- Crowcon Clip SGD Docking Station (not included, but available for purchase here) performs bump tests
- Docking station can be used to update configurations of up to four gas detectors simultaneously
- Docking station can also be utilised to monitor the event records, test parameters and detector settings of the Crowcon Clip SGD Personal Single Gas Detectors
- Resistant to dust and water: IP66 and IP67
- Clip-on design
- Wide operating temperature range
- Single button operation
- Ideal for use in harsh industrial conditions
- Intrinsically safe, rated: UL-913 & CSA-C22.2 No.157; Class 1 Div 1 & 2, Groups A, B, C and D; ATEX II 1G Ex ia IIC T4 Ga; IECEx Ex ia IIC T4
- Your Choice of Crowcon Clip SGD Personal Single Gas Detector
- Gas Test Cap
- Safety Information in Twenty-Three Languages
Crowcon Clip SGD Personal Single Gas Detector Technical Specifications
|Size||91 x 54 x 32mm (3.6 x 2.1 x 1.3ins)|
|Temperature||H2S||-40°C to + 50ºC (-40ºF to +122°F)|
|CO||-40°C to + 50ºC (-40ºF to +122°F)|
|O2||-35°C to + 50ºC (-31ºF to +122°F)|
|Humidity||5% to 95% non-condensing RH|
|Event Logging||Most recent 30 events|
|Ingress Protection||IP66 and IP67|
|Tests||Self test on activation and every 20hrs: continuous automatic battery integrity tests|
|Operational Life||2 years > 2900 alarm minutes*|
|Shelf Life||6-month shelf life prior to activation
Shown on box label
|Compliance||EMC Directive 2004/108/EC, FCC and IECES|
|Certification||UL-913 & CSA-C22.2 No.157
Class 1 Div 1 & 2, Groups A, B, C and D
ATEX II 1G Ex ia IIC T4 Ga
IECEx Ex ia IIC T4
|Warranty||2 years from activation* from Crowcon|
|Communication Accessory||USB IR link for event download and configuration|
|* 4 alarm minutes per day|