or Call 01642 931 329 to discuss product options
The Fluke 4181-256 Infrared Calibrator is optimised for calibrating infrared thermometers and thermal imagers. It has a temperature range of 35°C to 500°C.
This instrument has been traceably and radiometrically calibrated ensuring that its emissivity, and the emissivity of the IR thermometer and/or thermal camera, are accounted for and corrected. This removes the need for manual calculations and provides the user with consistent, reliable and traceable results. Its comprehensive calibration, as well as the instrument’s sophisticated design, gives it an accuracy of ±0.35°C to ±1.60°C (dependent on temperature) and a legitimate test uncertainty ratio (TUR) of 4:1.
As this instrument has been optimised for the calibration of thermal imagers and IR thermometers it includes a large target area: 152mm/ 6-inches. The large target area is able to accommodate the field-of-view and calibration geometry requirements of a majority of infrared cameras and thermometers. This works to eliminate the size-of-source effect and ensure that the instrument-under-investigation is able to read the correct temperature.
To ensure that each pixel of a thermal camera is reading and detecting the same accurately created temperature, and to enable IR thermometers to ‘see’ one precise and consistent temperature, the Fluke 4181-256 Infrared Calibrator has been meticulously constructed in order to minimise differences in uniformity. Depending on the temperature generated, the Fluke 4181-256 Infrared Calibrator is able to maintain a uniformity of between ±0.1°C to ±1.0°C over a 127mm-diameter target. The uniformity improves as the size of the target decreases.
Also helping to maintain the accuracy and reliability of temperature calibrations is the Fluke 4181-256 Infrared Calibrator’s stability of ±0.05°C to ±0.40°C (depending on the temperature created) for the duration of thirty minutes. Once the unit has reached a stable temperature, it will alert the user via an audible and visual indicator.
The user is able to view results via the front panel display. He/she may also access the integrated calibration procedures for Fluke’s thermometers via the front panel. In addition to these pre-programmed procedures, the operator can save customised calibration routines to the Fluke 4181-256 Infrared Calibrator, including information detailing the temperature set-points, calibration distances, emissivity and use of external apertures.
Alternatively, the user is able to configure the Fluke 4181-256 Infrared Calibrator using its RS-232 interface and the supplied Fluke Model 9930 Interface-It Software. These components facilitate the user’s ability to access the features, functions and settings of the Fluke 4181-256 Infrared Calibrator via his/her PC.
Further to this, in terms of its practicality, the Fluke 4181-256 Infrared Calibrator has been designed to be as lightweight as possible (9.5 kg) and includes a conveniently placed handle for ease-of-transportation.
The Fluke 4181-256 Infrared Calibrator calibrates infrared thermometers and thermal imagers quickly, accurately and easily.
Fluke 4181-256 Infrared Calibrator Key Features
- Optimised for calibrating infrared thermometers and thermal imagers
- Temperature range: 35°C to 500°C
- Radiometrically and traceably calibrated
- Ensures that the emissivity of the calibrator and instrument-under-investigation are accounted for and corrected
- No need for manual calculations
- Provides consistent, reliable and traceable results
- Accuracy: ±0.35°C to ±1.60°C (dependent on temperature)
- TUR: 4:1
- Large target area: 152mm/ 6-inches
- Large target area accommodates the field-of-view and calibration geometry requirements of a majority of IR thermometers and imagers
- Large target area eliminates the size-of-source effect
- Uniformity: ±0.1°C to ±1.0°C over a 127mm-diameter target (dependent on temperature)
- Uniformity improves as the target size decreases
- Stability: ±0.05°C to ±0.40°C (depending on the temperature created) for the duration of thirty minutes
- Audible and visual stability indicator
- View results via front panel display
- Pre-programmed calibration procedures for Fluke thermometers
- Save customised calibration routines to the IR calibrator
- Information regarding temperature set-points, calibration distances, emissivity and use of external apertures can be included and saved with the customised calibration procedures
- RS-232 interface
- Supplied with Fluke’s Model 9930 Interface-It Software
- Interface and software can be used to configure the instrument via the user’s PC
- Designed to be as lightweight as possible: 9.5 kg
- Includes a conveniently placed handle
- Calibrates IR thermometers and imagers quickly, accurately and easily
- Fluke 4180-256 Infrared Calibrator – Temperature Range: -15 to 120°C
- Accredited Radiometric Report of Calibration
- Protective Target Cover
- Fluke Model 9930 Interface-it Software
- User Manual
Fluke 4181-256 Infrared Calibrator Technical Specifications
The Fluke 4181-256 Infrared Calibrator is part of Fluke's 418X Series of Infrared Calibrators; please find the technical specifications for both the models included in this series.
|Temperature range (@ 23 °C ambient, 0.95 emissivity||–15 °C to 120 °C||35 °C to 500 °C|
|Display accuracy1||± 0.40 °C at –15 °C||± 0.35 °C at 35 °C|
|± 0.40 °C at 0 °C||± 0.50 °C at 100 °C|
|± 0.50 °C at 50 °C||± 0.70 °C at 200 °C|
|± 0.50 °C at 100 °C||± 1.20 °C at 350 °C|
|± 0.55 °C at 120 °C||± 1.60 °C at 500 °C|
|Stability||± 0.10 °C at –15 °C||± 0.05 °C at 35 °C|
|± 0.05 °C at 0 °C||± 0.20 °C at 200 °C|
|± 0.10 °C at 120 °C||± 0.40 °C at 500 °C|
|Uniformity2 (5.0 in dia of center of target||± 0.15 °C at –15 °C||± 0.10 °C at 35 °C|
|± 0.10 °C at 0 °C||± 0.50 °C at 200 °C|
|± 0.25 °C at 120 °C||± 1.00 °C at 500 °C|
|Uniformity2 (2.0 in dia of center of target||± 0.10 °C at -15 °C||± 0.10 °C at 35 °C|
|± 0.10 °C at 0 °C||± 0.25 °C at 200 °C|
|± 0.20 °C at 120 °C||± 0.50 °C at 500 °C|
|Heating time||15 min: –15 °C to 120 °C||20 min: 35 °C to 500 °C|
|14 min: 23 °C to 120 °C|
|Cooling time||15 min: 120 °C to 23 °C||100 min: 500 °C to 35 °C|
|20 min: 23 °C to –15 °C||40 min: 500 °C to 100 °C|
|Thermometer emissivity compensation||0.9 to 1.0|
|Target diameter||152.4 mm (6 in)|
|Power||115 V ac (± 10%), 6.3 A, 50/60 Hz, 630 W 230 V ac (± 10%), 3.15 A, 50/60 Hz, 630 W||115 V ac (± 10%), 10 A, 50/60 Hz, 1000 W 230 V a (± 10%), 5 A, 50/60 Hz, 1000 W|
|Fuse(s)||115 V ac 6.3 A, 250 V, slow blow 230 V ac 3.15 A, 250 V, T||115 V ac 10 A, 250 V, fast blow 230 V ac 5 A, 250 V, F|
|Size (HxWxD)||356 mm x 241 mm x 216 mm (14 in x 9.5 in x 8.5 in)||356 mm x 241 mm x 216 mm (14 in x 9.5 in x 8.5 in)|
|Weight||9.1 kg (20 lb)||9.5 kg (21 lb)|
|Safety||EN 61010-1:2001, CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 61010.1-04|
1For 8 mm to 14 mm spectral band thermometers with emissivity set between 0.9 and 1.0
2The uniformity specification refers to how IR thermometers with different spot sizes both focused at the center of the target will measure the same temperature.
3The target has a nominal emissivity of 0.95, however it is radiometrically calibrated to minimize emissivity related uncertainties.