The five standard models of the ABUS 70IB Aqua Safe Padlocks, listed in the drop-down selection, vary in terms of their dimensions, shackle proportions and with regard to ABUS’ security grading. Please see the table below for further information.
Long Shackle (Y/N)
Body Width (mm)
Body Depth (mm)
Shackle Height (mm)
Shackle Width (mm)
Shackle Diameter (mm)
Total Height (Body + Shackle) (mm)
|CEN Grade *||2||2||2||2|
|AUS GPS Rating **||4||5||5||6||6|
*Central European Norm Standard Security Rating: graded 1-6, with 6 offering the highest level of security
** ABUS' own Global Protection System Rating: 1-10 scale, level of security increases as the number increases
PLEASE NOTE: other ABUS Aqua Safe models are available, please call our sales team with your specific requirements for further information and/or for a tailored quotation.
All these padlocks have the same standard CEN security grade; however, ABUS advise that some of these padlocks are more secure than others, as indicated by ABUS' own security rating. Nevertheless, all these padlocks are suitable for applications involving items of a medium value and/or items under an average threat of theft.
Ensuring the security of these padlocks are their paracentric keyways, precision pin cylinders, double bolted and self-locking shackles.
In addition to providing a solution to medium-level security needs, the ABUS 70IB Aqua Safe Padlocks are suitable for use in environments involving excessive amounts of dirt or water. These padlocks feature brass bodies with rust-resistant inner components and built-in drainage channels which work to protect the locking mechanism from sediment and water. Further to this, the ABUS 70IBs’ bodies and stainless steel shackles are encased in a robust, shock absorbent vinyl casing.
These marine-grade ABUS 70IB Aqua Safe Padlocks are ideal for marine or water-sport applications.
ABUS 70IB Aqua Safe Padlock with Stainless Steel Shackle Key Features
- Vinyl coated, marine grade padlocks
- Suitable for medium-level security applications
- Available in five standard models which vary in terms of their dimensions, shackle proportions and ABUS GPS ratings
- Other models are available, please call our sales team for further details
- CEN grade: 2
- Double bolted
- Precision pin cylinder
- Paracentric keyway resists manipulation
- Suitable for use in environments involving a lot of water and dirt
- Brass bodies covered in tough, shock absorbent vinyl coating
- Stainless steel shackle covered in shock absorbent, resilient vinyl coating
- Rust-resistant inner components
- Built-in drainage channels
- Keyed Alike
- Your choice of ABUS 70IB Aqua Safe Padlock with Stainless Steel Shackle
- Accompanying key