The fourteen standard, keyed different ABUS 72/40 Aluminium Padlock models, listed in the drop-down selection, are comprised of two sizes:
- The original 72/40
- The 72/40HB40 which features a long shackle
Each of these models is available in seven colours:
PLEASE NOTE: the models listed in the drop-down selection are only a fraction of the ABUS padlocks available. For instance, these models can be bought as keyed alike or tailored to a master key, for further information or for a custom quotation, please call our sales team with your specific details.
Each of these padlocks features a corrosion-resistant aluminium body and hardened steel shackle with a NANO PROTECT™ coating, both of which ensure that these padlocks are resistant to the effects of the environment.
In addition to their durability, the ABUS 72/40 Aluminium Padlocks (this name refers to both padlock sizes, the 72/40 and 72/40HB40), offer a good level of security. To this end, the ABUS 72/40 Aluminium Padlocks feature a paracentric keyway and double-bolted, self-locking shackle.
ABUS advise that these padlocks are suitable for security tasks involving a higher-risk of theft and/or which included items of a greater value. ABUS suggest that these padlocks can be used to secure doors, gates, cupboards, lockers, tool boxes, cellar windows, switchboards and barriers. The ABUS 72/40 Aluminium Padlocks are also ideal for lock-out, tag-out applications.
Finally, these padlocks include a six-pin precision cylinder which may be removed and re-keyed to match an existing key or sample key, ensuring that the ABUS 72/40 Aluminium Padlocks are not only secure and durable but can be easily integrated into existing security systems.
ABUS 72/40 Aluminium Padlock Key Features
- Selection of fourteen padlocks suitable for lockout, tag-out tasks and security applications which include items under a higher risk of theft
- Fourteen models are comprised of two sizes each available in seven colours
- Sizes differ in regards to shackle proportions
- Keyed different as standard
- Keyed alike and master key models are available, please call our sales team for details
- Non-corrosive, aluminium bodies
- Hardened steel shackles with NANO PROTECT™ coating
- Paracentric keyway
- Self-locking shackle
- Six-pin precision cylinder which can be removed and re-keyed
- Easily integrate into existing systems
- ABUS Ecolultion™ seal: ensures these padlocks are both resistant to the effects of the environment and have a minimum impact on the environment
- CEN grade 2
- ABUS GPS 6
- Your choice of ABUS 72/40 or 72/40HB40 Aluminium Padlock
- Accompanying key
ABUS 72/40 Aluminium Padlocks Technical Specifications
|Body Width (mm)||39||39|
|Body Depth (mm)||19||19|
|Shackle Height (mm)||27||39|
|Width Between Shackle Prongs (mm)||20||20|
|Shackle Prong Diameter (mm)||6.5||6.5|
|Total Height (Body + Shackle) (mm)||74||86|
|CEN (Central European Norm) Security Grading (ascending 1-6 grading)||2||2|
|ABUS Global Protection System Rating (ascending 1-10 scale)||6||6|