The Extech HD450 is an ideal product for measuring light levels continuously over a time period.
A datalogging light meter capable of measuring in both lux and footcandles, the Extech HD450 can carry out either single measurements of light or alternatively can use its datalogging functions to measure the levels of light detected continuously. The built-in memory of this light meter enables the device to continuously store up to 16000 readings or manually store/recall up to 99 readings, storing accurate readings of light internally for easy reference in the future.
The measurement range of the HD450 is also quite impressive; when measuring footcandles, this device features measurements up to 40000FC across four range and when measuring lux it can measurement up to 400000lux across four measurement ranges. All measurements are carried out with standard accuracy of ±0.5%rdg with max resolution of 0.01Fc/0.1 lux.
In addition to simply measuring light the HD450 also contains a number of easily accessible advanced features. The unit is designed to carry out cosine and colour corrected measurements, includes a peak mode for capturing the highest reading detected, includes a relative mode for showing sudden changes in light levels and can also be used to carry out MAX/MIN calculations.
The HD450 also includes a USB port for interfacing the light meter with a PC.
Extech HD450 Datalogging Heavy Duty Light Meter Key Features
- Measures light levels in either footcandles or lux
- Wide measurements range - 40000FC, 400000Lux
- Backlit LCD screen ensures the meter can be used regardless of lighting conditions
- 40-segment bargraph on LCD screen
- Cosine or colour corrected measurements
- Utilises precision silicon photo diode and spectral response filter
- Peak mode captures largest detected reading
- In-built memory allows storage of up to 16000 readings
- MIN/MAX functions
- Data hold function
- Heavy duty double moulded housing for protecting the device from damage in dangerous environments
- Built-in USB port
Full List of Products Included
- Extech HD450 Datalogging Heavy Duty Light Meter
- Light Sensor with 3ft (1m) Cable
- Protective Cover
- Windows Compatible Software with USB Cable
- Hard Carrying Case
- 9V Battery
Extech HD450 Technical Specifications
|FC Range||40, 400, 4000, 40000FC|
|Lux Range||400, 4000, 40000, 400000Lux|
|Datalogging||16000 Continuous Readings; 99 Selected Readings|
|Dimensions||6.7 x 3.1 x 1.6" (170 x 80 x 40mm)|