Please note that this balance comes in several different models. Use the table below to choose which version of the product you'd like, then select the model using the dropdown box above.
Kern Precision Balance Product Finder
Struggling to find exactly which balance you want?
To make things easier, we've made a quick finder for Kern's precision balance range! Just click the link below and take a look.
Kern 440 Balance Description
Kern's 440 series is a popular range of classic laboratory balances, delivering precise measurements of smaller items.
Due to its compact size, the 440 series is perfect for use in smaller spaces and easy to port from testing point to testing point. The unit also has a built-in backlit LCD display, making it suitable for use in poor lighting conditions.
A number of additional functions are also included such as an adjustable calibration program (requires external weights - sold separately), separate memory for measuring weight of a tare container and recipe ingredients (the net total) and vibration-free weighing to filter out accidental vibrations that may compromise the balance's accuracy.
Kern 440 Series Precision Balance Key Features
- Precise, accurate measurements of smaller components
- Percantage determination - calculates a given weight value (100%) and calculates deviations from this value
- Backlit LCD display with digit height of 15mm
- Several model variations available with different weighing ranges
- RS232 interface allows the balance to interface with a PC, printer or network (requires RS232 adapter - sold separately)
- GLP/ISO record keeping of weighing with date, time and identification number
- Piece counting - reference quantities selectable. Display can be switched from piece to weight
- Recipe level A - separate memory for the weight of the tare container and the recipe ingredients (net total)
- Switchable weighing units
- Vibration-free weighing - filters out vibrations to ensure a steady reading
- Load support with hook on the underside of the balance
- Suitable for battery/mains power
The Kern 440 can be supplied with different weighing ranges, functionality and weighing plates.
The following weighing plates are available:
- A - Ring-shaped with diameter of 81mm
- B - Ring-shaped with diameter of 105mm
- C - Square with dimensions of 130 x 130mm
- D - Square with dimensions of 150 x 170mm
Please see the table below for which weighing plate is included with each model.
|Model No.||Weighing |
|Min. Piece Weight|