Kern's EMS balances are available in several different variations. Use the table below for reference and the dropdown box above to select which version you'd like when placing an order.
Kern Precision Balance Product Finder
Struggling to find exactly which balance you want?
To make things easier, we've made a quick finder for Kern's precision balance range! Just click the link below and take a look.
Kern EMS Balance Description
Suitable for use in schools, universities and other applications, Kern's EMS series balances are easy to use, come with a large-size weighing plate and generate precise results.
Featuring a large, shock-proof plastic weighing plate plus flat design for extra stability, the Kern EMS is ideal for precise measurements in biology, chemistry and physics applications.
The unit also comes with several other features such as an adjustable calibration program (requires external weights - sold separately), a high quality LCD display and a selection of two different types of weighing plate.
Kern EMS Entry-Level Precision Balance Key Features
- Several models available - use the table below for further information
- Ideal for use in the lab in schools and universities
- Precision with a low price point
- Large, shock-proof plastic weighing plate
- Flat design with secure and non-slip positioning
- Ergonomically optimised keypad with large keys and high contrast LCD display
- Adjustable calibration program using external weights (sold separately)
- Piece counting - selectable reference quantities
- Percentage determination - calculates the percentage that an object deviates from a target value (100%)
- Switchable measurement units
- Powered by mains with optional battery power (battery block sold separately)
- Auto off when left idle to conserve power
Kern's EMS balances are supplied with one of two different weighing plates (depends on model selected). The following weighing plate options are available:
- A - 105mm diameter circular weighing plate with draft shield included
- B - Square weighing plate with dimensions of 160 x 160mm
This table outlines the difference between each of the models available.