Note: Kern's EW balances are available in several different variations. The table below outlines the difference between each model.
Kern Precision Balance Product Finder
Struggling to find exactly which balance you want?
To make things easier, we've made a quick finder for Kern's precision balance range! Just click the link below and take a look.
Kern EW Balance Description
Robust, reliable and precise, Kern's EW balances use a tuning fork measurement system to automatically oscillate the unit using electromagnetism.
Designed for precise measurements, the EW series includes a number of useful measurement functions including GLP/ISO record keeping, percentage determination, weighing with tolerance range, automatic reference weight optimisation, a large size LCD display and much more!
The EW series has the ability to have its calibration adjusted. This process requires a set of external weights (sold separately) and allows quick setting of the balance's accuracy.
Kern EW Adjustable Precision Balances Key Features
- Several models available - see the table below for more information
- Adjustable CAL program - quick setting of the balance's accuracy is possible using external weights (sold separately)
- RS232 interface allows the unit to interface with a PC or compatible printer (sold separately)
- GLP Protocol - record keeping of weighing data, balance adjustments and more with date, time and identification number
- Piece counting with selectable reference quantities
- Percantage determination calculates the amount a weight deviates from a target value of 100%
- Unit switching - quickly change between nonmetric units
- Weighing with tolerance range - upper and lower limiting can be programmed individually
- Suspended weighing - load support with hook on the underside of the balance
- Powered by 230V mains power
- Tuning fork principle - resonating body is electromagnetically stimulated, causing it to oscillate
- Capacity display - bar lights up to show how much of a weighing range is still available
- Large-size LCD display with digit height of 17mm
Kern's EW series comes in several different styles with different measuring capabilities. Depending on the model selected, the type of weighing plate supplied also changes. The following plates are available (all plates are made of stainless steel):
- A - Circular with diameter of 118mm. Also includes draft shield with removable metal cover and pipette opening
- B - Square shaped with dimensions of 170 x 142mm
- C - Square shaped with dimensions of 180 x 160mm
This table outlines the difference between each model.
|Model Number||Weighing Range|