Note: Kern's EWJ-M Automatic Adjustment Precision Balance is available in four variations. These models differ in regards to their measurement ranges and weighing plate sizes; please use the table detailed under 'Model Variations' and the drop-down box above to make a selection when placing your order.
Kern Precision Balance Product Finder
Struggling to find exactly which balance you want?
To make things easier, we've made a quick finder for Kern's precision balance range! Just click the link below and take a look.
Kern EWJ-M Automatic Adjustment Precision Balance Description
Designed for ease of use with automatic internal adjustment and EC type approval, Kern's EWJ-M Automatic Adjustment Precision Balances are high-quality and generate highly precise results.
These balances can be purchased with an OPTIONAL Kern DAkks Calibration or a Kern MII Verification (see 'Accessories'). Please contact our sales team PRIOR to purchase to add either of these options to an order as these processes MUST be purchased at the point of sale and cannot be added retrospectively.
A DAkks calibration serves as the German equivalent of a UKAS calibration. As such it is internationally recognised and ensures compliance with European standards.
Alternatively, please add a Kern MII Verification to an order if the balance is intended for use within EU member states in any of the following capacities:
- Any commercial application such as determining the price of a commodity using weight (as in commercial trading)
- Manufacturing pharmaceuticals in pharmacies
- Analysing pharmaceuticals in medical and/or pharmaceutical laboratories
- In any official capacity
- During the production of pre-packaging
- During medical applications
Kern's MII Verification ensures that the precision balance is compliant with the EU directive 2014/31/EEC.
Small and lightweight, the EWJ-M is ideal for taking with you to applications that might require verification, such as ambulatory gold and jewellery purchasing. Due to its automatic internal adjustment (every 2 hours), you can rest assured that measurements are always accurate regardless of your location.
The unit also includes several additional extras such as a USB interface, capacity display with a light-up bar that shows how much of a weighing range is still available, a large backlit LCD screen and a range of measuring functions, including:
- Percentage Deviation: optimised for ascertaining the difference between the programmed target weight (100%) and the object's actual weight, this value is displayed as a percentage
- Pieces/ Counting
- Recipe: weights of the composite ingredients are combined to determine the total weight of the recipe, this value can be printed
The balances feature a dedicated button for each of the above functions facilitating the user's ability to select the required feature quickly and easily. Further to this, the user can also switch between measurement units at the touch of a button.
As mentioned above the Kern EWJ-M Automatic Adjustment Precision Balances are able to send information to print. This is facilitated by their USB interfaces and an OPTIONAL compatible Kern printer (see 'Accessories'). Weights are printed with the date and time.
Finally, the Kern EWJ-M Automatic Adjustment Precision Balances are supplied with a mains adapter and a protective working cover.
The Kern EWJ-M Automatic Adjustment Balances are resilient, efficient and convenient. They are ideal for conducting commercial, industrial and scientific weighing applications in a variety of environments.
Kern EWJ Automatic Adjustment Precision Balance Key Features
- Extremely easy to use - all primary functions have their own key on the keypad
- Ideal for use during ambulatory gold and jewellery purchasing
- Automatic internal adjustment - the balance automatically adjusts itself every 2 hours to ensure accurate results
- Can be purchased with an OPTIONAL DAkks calibration or MII verification (see 'Accessories')
- Ideal for use on the move due to small, lightweight design
- Capacity display - bar lights up to show how much of a weighing range is still available
- USB interface allows the unit to interface with a PC or compatible printer (sold separately)
- EWJ 600-2M and EWJ 6000-1M also feature an RS-232 interface
- Large-size, backlit, LCD display with a digit height of 16.5mm
- Piece counting mode
- Percentage determination calculates how much a reading deviates from a target value of 100%
- Recipe function
- Weights can be printed with the date and time
- Switchable units
- Powered by mains
- Supplied with a mains adapter and protective working cover
- Resilient, efficient and convenient balances
- Ideal for scientific, commercial and industrial weighing applications
Kern's EWJ-M Automatic Adjustment Precision Balances come with a different weighing plate/range depending on the model you purchase. Use the table below to choose which model is right for you.
The following weighing plate options are available:
- A - circular weighing plate with a diameter of 80mm.
- B - circular weighing plate with a diameter of 135mm
- C- square weighing plate with the dimensions 155 x 145mm
This table outlines the difference between each model.
|Model Number||Weighing Range|
|Verification Value[e]g||Minimal Load[Min]g||Linearity g||Weighing Plate||Draft Shield?|
- Your Choice of Kern EWJ-M Automatic Adjustment Precision Balance
- Protective Working Cover
- Mains Adapter
There are a number of Kern accessories compatible with the Kern EWJ-M Automatic Adjustment Precision Balances, including Kern DAkks Calibrations and MII Verifications. For a quick overview of the accessories available for the Kern EWJ-M Automatic Adjustment Precision Balances, please see the table below. For further information, or to add a product listed below to an order, please contact our sales team prior to purchase.
|Product Code||Product Name|
|965-216||Kern MII Verification for EWJ 600-2SM and EWJ 600-2M (MUST BE ORDERED AT THE POINT OF SALE)|
|965-217||Kern MII Verification for EWJ 6000-1SM and EWJ 6000-1M (MUST BE ORDERED AT THE POINT OF SALE)|
|963-127||Kern DAkkS Calibration for EWJ 600-2SM and EWJ 600K-2M (MUST BE ORDERED AT THE POINT OF SALE)|
|963-128||Kern DAkks Calibration for EWJ 600-1SM and EWJ 6000-1M (MUST BE ORDERED AT THE POINT OF SALE)|
|EWJ-A04S05||Kern Protective Working Cover|
|KFB-A01||Kern Internal Rechargeable Battery Pack (MUST BE ORDERED AT THE POINT OF SALE)|
|YKI-03||Kern RS-232/ Wi-Fi Adapter|
|YKI-01||Kern RS-232/ Ethernet Adapter|
|ABS-A08||Kern Protective Dust Cover|
|YKA-07||Kern Mains Adapter|
|EWJ-A05||Kern Mains Adapter|
|DBS-A02||Kern USB Interface Kit|
|911-013||Kern Matrix Needle Printer|
|YKN-01||Kern Matrix Needle Printer|
|YKB-01N||Kern Thermal Printer|
|YKS-01||Kern Thermal Statistics Printer|
|YKE-01||Kern Thermal Label Printer|
Kern EWJ-M Automatic Adjustment Precision Balance Technical Specifications
Please find above PDF documents detailing the technical specifications for each of the Kern EWJ-M Automatic Adjustment Precision Balances.