The Kern ODC USB Microscope Camera 82 Series are microscope colour cameras which can be connected via a 2.0 USB cable (2m) to the user’s laptop or PC, as well as to microscopes across the market (with the correct C-mount).The USB cable also serves as a power supply eliminating the need for an additional power supply.
The ODC 82 Series CMOS technology along with Kern’s use of Philips halogen and LED illumination all work to provide clear, high-contrast images with true colour display. With Kern’s high frame rate, stable image performance and excellent synchronisation, the ODC Series works to make daily microscopy tasks easier.
Kern’s ODC 82 series is highly versatile and so comes with various eyepiece adapters as well as Kern’s multi-lingual Microscope VIS Software (please see below for further details), with an object micrometre for software calibration.
In addition to common microscopy applications, such as measuring, counting, documentation, archiving and image processing, these versatile, efficient, easy-to-use, USB microscope cameras are ideal for darkfield, phase contrast and fluorescence applications.
Kern ODC USB Microscope Camera 82 Series Key Features
- Versatile, efficient, easy-to-use microscope colour camera capable of connecting to laptops and PCs via 2.0 USB cable
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- Can be attached to all microscopes across the market, using the appropriate C-mount
- Can be used for measuring, counting, documentation, archiving, image processing, darkfield, phase contrast and fluorescence applications
- Philips halogen, LED illumination, CMOS technology providing clear, high-contrast images with true colour display
- High frame rate
- Stable image performance
- Excellent synchronisation
- Various eyepiece adapters
- Kern multi-lingual Microscope VIS Software with micrometre for calibration
Kern ODC USB Microscope Camera 82 Series Key Differences
The key differences between the Kern ODC Microscope 82 Series are the resolution, the frames per second (FPS) and sensor size:
- ODC 822— Resolution: 1.3 MP (megapixel) ; FPS: 15-48; Sensor Size: 1/3 inch
- ODC 824— Resolution: 3.1 MP; FPS: 11.5-45; Sensor Size: 1/2 inch
- ODC 825— Resolution: 5.1 MP; FPS: 6.8-55; Sensor Size: 1/2.5 inch
- Your Choice of Kern ODC USB Microscope Camera 82 Series
- Various Eyepiece Adapters
- 2.0 USB Cable (Length: 2m)
- Kern Microscope VIS Software
- Object Micrometre
Kern Microscope VIS Software Details
This software has been specially developed by Kern to compliment all their microscope cameras and microscopes.
It is compatible with Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and can export information into Microsoft Word® and Excel®.
The software is multifunctional and can be used to measure distances, surfaces, angles as well as process images. It also contains documentation and manual counting functions in addition to the image snapshot, video and streaming functions.
Kern's Microscope VIS software is optimised for efficiency and accuracy. The white balance and automatic contrast adjustment speed-up working procedures whilst the various display settings allow the user to display different measurements, grid sizes, scales, and rulers, ensuring the best possible measurement practice.
Kern’s VIS Software is multilingual, available in German, English, Spanish, Italian, French and Portuguese, and whilst it will install in the user’s pre-existing Windows language setting, this setting can be manually altered at the user’s discretion.
Kern ODC Microscope Camera Technical Specification and Comparision Table
|Resolution (MP- Megapixels)||1.3 MP||3.1 MP||5.1MP|
|Interface||USB 2.0||USB 2.0||USB 2.0|
|FPS (Frames Per Second)||15-48||11.5-45||6.8-55|
|Sensor Size (" - Inches)||1/3"||1/2"||1/2.5"|
|Supported Operating System||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10|