Note: there are several versions of this product available. Using the table below for reference, choose which model you'd like using the dropdown box above.
Kern Precision Balance Product Finder
Struggling to find exactly which balance you want?
To make things easier, we've made a quick finder for Kern's precision balance range! Just click the link below and take a look.
Kern PBJ Balance Description
Kern's PBJ is a multifunctional laboratory balance with single-cell weighing system and EC type approval.
To ensure accuracy at all times, the Kern PBJ comes with an automatic internal adjustment function which checks overall accuracy based on changes in temperature or at defined intervals. This makes sure that the balance can adjust to different locations and ensures a stable reading at all times.
The balance has a dedicated recipe weighing function, allowing the user to weigh a container (the TARE) and also measure ingredients before calculating a net total. Other dedicated functions include a piece counting mode, percentage deviation which calculates the difference from a target value and an RS232 interface that allows connection to ethernet or to suitable Kern printers (sold separately).
Kern PBJ Precision Balance Key Features
- Automatic internal adjustment - the PBJ automatically adjusts to changes in temperature or at time-defined intervals to ensure accuracy
- RS232 interface - connect the balance to a network via ethernet or to compatible Kern printers
- Metal housing - robust and sturdy design
- Dosage aid - high stability mode and other filter settings can be selected
- Weighing with tolerance range (checkweighing) - input of an upper/lower limit value/. Visual signal assists with portioning, division, dispensing or grading
- Totalising of individual weighing results
- Large-size backlit LCD display
- Recipe function calculates the weight of a container plus ingredients
- Percentage deviation function - shows the percentage difference from a target value
- Unit switching
- Vibration-free weighing - automatically filters out vibrations to ensure a stable reading
- Suspended weighing hook on the underside of the balance
- 3 year manufacturer's warranty
Depending on the model purchased, the weighing plate supplied will be different. The following options are possible:
- A - 108 x 105mm
- B - 170 x 180mm
This table outlines the difference between each version of this product.