The Kern PCB series is available in a selection of different variations. Use the table below to understand the difference between each of the models.
Kern Precision Balance Product Finder
Struggling to find exactly which balance you want?
To make things easier, we've made a quick finder for Kern's precision balance range! Just click the link below and take a look.
Kern PCB Balance Description
The standard for laboratory use, the Kern PCB is highly accurate, fully programmable and comes with a range of advanced features for precise record keeping and weighing.
Suitable for weighing and counting even the smallest parts, the PCB series comes with a selection of weighing scales (which size you get depends upon the model you select) ranging from a round, 81mm plate to a large-size square 150 x 170mm plate.
A built-in recipe function makes determining the exact measurements of a mixture as easy as possible. This mode will allow you to weigh the specific parts of a mixture, record each value and recall your measurements afterwards for reference.
Kern PCB Series Precision Balances Key Features
- PRE-TARE function - manually subtracts known container weights (ideal for checking fill levels)
- Fully programmable - configure the balance to measure in special units such as length of thread g/m, paper weight g/m² or similar
- Percentage determination - store a given weight value (100%) and determine deviations from the target value
- CAL EXT function - adjust the balance's accuracy with an external adjustment weight
- RS232 interface - allows the balance to interface with a PC or printer (requires optional RS232 cable - sold separately)
- GLP/ISO record keeping of weighing data with date, time and identification number (requires optional Kern printer - sold separately)
- Dedicated Recipe function logs the weight of a tare container plus the recipe's ingredients (net total)
- % Determination mode - calculates % deviations from a target value (100%)
- Adjustable units
- Vibration-free Weighing - filters out vibrations to maintain stable weight results
- 2 year warranty included as standard from the manufacturer
The following table outlines the differences between the versions of this product.
|Model||Weighing Range (Max)||Readout||Reproducibility||Linearity||Weighing Plate|
|PCB 100-3||100g||0.001g||0.001g||±0.003g||81mm diameter (stainless steel)|
|PCB 250-3||250g||0.001g||0.001g||±0.003g||81mm diameter (stainless steel)|
|PCB 350-3||350||0.001g||0.002g||±0.005g||81mm diameter (stainless steel)|
|PCB 200-2||200g||0.01g||0.01g||±0.02g||105mm diameter (stainless steel)|
|PCB 1000-2||1000g||0.01g||0.01g||±0.003g||130 x 130mm (stainless steel)|
|PCB 2500-2||2500g||0.01g||0.01g||±0.05g||130 x 130mm (stainless steel)|
|PCB 3500-2||3500g||0.01g||0.02g||±0.05g||130 x 130mm (stainless steel)|
|PCB 1000-1||1000g||0.1g||0.1g||±0.2g||130 x 130mm (stainless steel)|
|PCB 2000-1||2000g||0.1g||0.1g||±0.2g||130 x 130mm (stainless steel)|
|PCB 6000-1||6000g||0.1g||0.1g||±0.3g||150 x170mm (stainless steel)|
|PCB 10000-1||10000g||0.1g||0.1g||±0.3g||150 x 170mm (stainless steel)|
|PCB 6000-0||6000g||1g||1g||±2g||150 x 170mm (stainless steel)|