Note: there are several versions of this product available. Using the table below for reference, choose a product using the dropdown box above.
Kern Precision Balance Product Finder
Struggling to find exactly which balance you want?
To make things easier, we've made a quick finder for Kern's precision balance range! Just click the link below and take a look.
Kern PLS Balance Description
Kern's PLS balance is made for high precision measurements of weight, making it ideal for the lab, dispatch departments and mobile applications such as ambulatory gold and jewellery purchasing.
Compact, lightweight and easy to transport, the PLS comes with several different model variations with the highest spec model capable of measuring weight up to 20000g.
Additional features of this unit include a piece counting mode with selectable reference quantities, recipe function with dedicated memory for a container and ingredients, percentage deviation calculations and much more.
The Kern PLS's calibration can be adjusted via the use of external test weights (sold separately).
Kern PLS Precision Balance Key Features
- Ergonomically designed with comfortable, easy-to-use keypad
- Portable, compact design
- Glass draught shield included with models with weighing plate A
- Adjustable calibration program using external test weights (sold separately)
- Backlit LCD screen with digit heihgt of 17mm
- Stainless steel weighing plate
- RS232 interface
- GLP/ISO record keeping of weight data, balance adjustment etc
- Piece counting system with high accuracy - ideal for measuring very small parts
- Recipe function - separate memory for the weight of the tare container and the recipe ingredients (net total)
- Percentage deviation function - calculates the percentage difference from a target value of 100%
- Mains powered
- 3 year manufacturer's warranty included
The weighing plate supplied with this model changes depending on the product purchased. The following options are possible:
- A - circular with diameter of 110mm. Includes glass draught shield
- B - circular with diameter of 160mm
- C - square with dimensions of 200 x 175mm
This table outlines the difference between each model in this series.