The Kern PNS Precision Balances feature a high-quality tuning fork measuring system for conducting continuous, steady measurements. Their accuracy and reliability are further improved by the addition of a CAL adjusting program that allows the user to configure the accuracy of the balance quickly by using an external test weight.
The Kern PNS Precision Balances are available in three models with different measurement ranges and weighing plate designs, please see the table below for further details.
|Model Code||Model Name||
|Weighing Plate||Weighing Plate Dimensions|
|PNS 600-3||Kern PNS 600-3 Precision Balance||620||0.001||±0.004||A||ø 140mm|
|PNS 3000-2||Kern PNS 3000-2 Precision Balance||3200||0.01||±0.02||B||WxD: 190 x 190mm|
|PNS 12000-1||Kern PNS 12000-1 Precision Balance||12000||0.1||±0.2||B||WxD: 190 x 190mm|
Please note that instruments featuring weighing plate A are also supplied with a large, glass draught shield with three sliding doors. This accessory protects the sample from contamination whilst providing the user with easy access to the weighing plate. Instruments with weighing plate B are NOT supplied with this draught shield.
All of the weighing plates, regardless of design, are large, shockproof and made of stainless steel. The overall compact design of the Kern PNS Precision Balances makes them suitable for mobile verification and laboratory applications.
Measurements are viewable via the large LCD display with a digit-height of 16.5mm. Measurements are indicated in the measurement unit of the user’s choice and are displayed with the balance’s serial number, the user’s ID, the date and the time. Additionally, data can be exported to a compatible Kern printer (see ‘Accessories’) or PC via the integrated RS-232 interface.
Via the display, the user can also view a capacity bar that illuminates in order to indicate the remaining weighing range. The Kern PNS Precision Balances feature a programmable tolerance function with visual and audible indication: the user is able to program upper and lower weighing limits.
In addition to this, the Kern PNS Precision Balances support a Percentage Determination function allowing the user to ascertain the percentage deviation of the actual weight from the target weight (100%).
The Kern PNS Precision Balances also include a Pieces Counting function; the accuracy of the average weight value improves due to the scales’ automatic reference weight optimisation of the reference weight.
The Kern PNS Precision Balances are compact, convenient and consistently accurate scales; they are ideal for mobile verification and laboratory applications.
Kern PNS Precision Balances Key Features
- Include a high-quality tuning fork measurement system
- Ideal for conducting continuous, steady measurements
- Include a CAL adjusting program: the user can configure the balance’s accuracy using an external test weight
- Available in three models with different weighing ranges and weighing plate designs
- Scales with weighing plate design A are supplied with a large, glass draught shield with three sliding doors
- The large weighing plates are shockproof and made of stainless steel
- Compact design
- Suitable for mobile verification applications
- Suitable for laboratory applications
- Large LCD display with a digit-height of 16.5mm
- User-selectable measurement units
- Measurements are displayed with the balance’s serial number, the user’s ID, the date and the time
- Data can be exported to a printer (see ‘Accessories’) or PC via the RS-232 interface
- Capacity bar illuminates to indicate the remaining weighing range
- Programmable upper and lower limits with visual and audio indications
- Percentage Determination function
- Piece Counting function
- The accuracy of the average weight value improves due to the scales’ automatic reference weight optimisation of the reference weight.
- Compact, convenient and consistently accurate scales
- Your Choice of Kern PNS Precision Balance
- Protective Working Cover
- Universal Mains Adapter
Please note the Kern PNS 600-3 Precision Balance with weighing plate A is supplied with a large glass draught shield.
There are a number of accessories available for the Kern PNS Precision Balances, including Kern DAkkS Calibrations and printers. Please see the table below for further details. To add an item listed below to an order, or for further information, please contact our sales team PRIOR to purchase.
|Product Code||Product Name|
|963-127||Kern DAkkS Calibration for the models PNS 600-3 and PNS 3000-2 (MUST BE ORDERED AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE)|
|963-128||Kern DAkkS Calibration for the model PNS 12000-1 (MUST BE ORDERED AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE)|
|PNJ-A01S05||Kern Protective Working Cover|
|AEJ-A05||Kern Precious Stones Plate|
|YKI-01||Kern RS-232/ Ethernet Adapter|
|YKI-02||Kern RS-232/ Bluetooth Adapter|
|YKI-03||Kern RS-232/ Wi-Fi Adapter|
|YKE-A03||Kern Roll of Labels for the Kern YKE-01 Label Printer|
|YKE-01||Kern Label Printer|
|YKE-A02||Kern Roll of Labels for the Kern YKE-01 Printer|
|SCD-4-XXX||Kern BalanceConnection Software (Multiple versions Available)|
Kern PNS Precision Balances Technical Specifications
Please find above a selection of PDF documents detailing the technical specifications for the Kern PNS Precision Balances.