The FLIR Scion OTM260 Outdoor Thermal Monocular is equipped with a FLIR Boson core, a 640 x 512-pixel detector, an 18mm lens and a high-definition display ensuring that it is able to capture smooth, sharp and clear 9Hz thermal imaging in all light and weather conditions. This optic is able to capture thermal footage and images in complete darkness, as well as in glaring light or haze.
It has a frame rate of 9Hz and a 24° x 18° field-of-view; this thermal monocular is also equipped with a number of features and functions that allow the user to tailor the FLIR Scion OTM260 to suit his/her preferences and/or the application. For instance, the user is able to choose between six thermal colour palettes, these include:
- White Hot
- Black Hot
- Iron Bow
- Graded Fire
Please see the video below for an overview of the FLIR Scion's range of colour palettes.
He/she can also use the Picture-in-Picture function to view particular points on the image without losing the overall field-of-view. All features, functions and settings are accessible via the FLIR Scion OTM260 Outdoor Thermal Monocular’s simple controls and intuitive menus. This simple navigation system combined with its slender design means that the FLIR Scion OTM260 Outdoor Thermal Monocular can be operated using a single hand.
The excellent processing capabilities of the FLIR Boson core and the monocular’s HD display ensures that the user always has excellent awareness of his/her surroundings in all environmental conditions. This unit has been designed for use outdoors and so features a rugged, IP67-rated housing that protects the FLIR Scion OTM260 Outdoor Thermal Monocular’s hardware components from the elements as well as any potential damage that may be caused by rugged environments.
Thermal media can be saved to the FLIR Scion OTM260 Outdoor Thermal Monocular’s integrated 2GB memory. The memory capacity of this unit may be expanded using an OPTIONAL128GB microSD card, allowing the user to capture hours of footage and numerous images. Recorded and saved images may be sent to a compatible smartphone, tablet or PC via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
In addition to this, the FLIR Scion OTM260 Outdoor Thermal Monocular features GPS functionality for geotagging captured thermal media.
The FLIR Scion OTM260 Outdoor Thermal Monocular is a durable, dependable, dynamic thermal camera. It is ideal for monitoring, tracking and hunting wildlife and may be of particular use to gamekeepers, farmers, hunters and wildlife enthusiasts. For further information regarding FLIR Scion range, please see the following video.
FLIR Scion OTM260 Outdoor Thermal Monocular Key Features
- Equipped with a FLIR Boson core
- 640 x 512-pixel detector
- 18mm lens
- High-definition display
- Capture smooth, clear, sharp 9Hz thermal imaging in all light and weather conditions
- Capture thermal footage and images in complete darkness, glaring light or haze
- Frame rate: 9Hz
- FOV: 24° x 18°
- Six user-selectable, thermal colour palettes: White Hot, Black Hot, Iron Bow, Rainbow, Graded Fire and Lava
- Picture-in-Picture mode for viewing particular points on the image without losing the overall FOV
- Simple controls and intuitive menus
- Slender design
- Can be operated using a single hand
- Provides the user with excellent awareness of his/her surroundings
- Rugged, IP67-rated housing protects the monocular from damage and the elements
- Integrated 2GB memory
- Compatible with an OPTIONAL 128GB microSD memory card
- Send saved thermal images and footage to a PC, tablet or smartphone via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi
- GPS functionality for geotagging thermal images and footage
- A durable, dependable, dynamic thermal monocular
- Ideal for monitoring, tracking and hunting wildlife
- Of particular use to farmers, gamekeepers, hunters and wildlife enthusiasts
- FLIR Scion OTM260 Outdoor Thermal Monocular – 9Hz
Please note that FLIR Scion Outdoor Thermal Monoculars (9Hz) with 320 x 256-pixel detectors are available here.
FLIR Scion OTM260 Outdoor Thermal Monocular Technical Specifications
|Core Technology||BOSON 12 µm VOx Microbolometer|
|Detector Resolution||640 x 512|
|Lens System||18 mm|
|Field of View (H × W)||24° × 18°|
|Digital Zoom||1X | 2X | 4X | 8X|
|Refresh Rate||9 Hz|
|Internal Memory||2 GB Internal Storage / Optional microSD™ Card (up to 128 GB)|
|Eye Relief||16 mm|
|Display||Quad-VGA (1280x960) High definition display|
|Temperature Imaging Modes (Thermal Palettes)||White Hot; Black Hot; Iron Bow; Rainbow; Graded Fire; Lava|
|Viewing Modes||Scouting, Picture-in-Picture, Navigation|
|Picture While Recording (PWR)||Yes|
|Auto Power OFF||Yes|
|USB Type||USB-C; Power In; Video Out; Video and Image File Transfer|
|Battery Life||Up to 4.5 hours at 20°c|
|Battery Type||6x CR123A 3V Lithium Battery|
|NFC (Near-Field Communication)||Yes|
|Weight||Without Batteries: 452 g; With Batteries 572 g|
|Size||239 × 76.8 × 60.5 mm (9 × 3 × 2.4 in)|
|Color (Housing)||Gray / Black|
|Mounting||¼-20 Tripod Mount / Docking Station|
|Manufacturer Part Code||7TM-01-F130|