or Call 01642 931 329 to discuss product options
The Accles and Shelvoke (ACVOKE) heavy duty cable spiker will allow you to safely and effectively prove that high voltage cables are dead, ensuring they're completely safe to work on.
This heavy-duty version of the standard ACVOKE cable spiker is suitable for use with cables of diameter up to 150mm running voltages of up to 400kV. The spiker is universally suitable for all types and voltages of power cable including single and multiple conductor laminated, polymeric, elastomeric, unshielded, concentric neutral, interlock armoured, steel wire armoured, leaded covered and all other applicable cables.
Compatible with various optional cartridges, the spiker will directly penetrate the cable using a sharp steel spike to fully short circuit the system. For added safety, the spiker is equipped with a remote lanyard system which will allow the user to standard 7m away from the cable before actually activating the firing mechanism. In practice, this system will ensure the safety of the user even if a live cable is accidentally spiked.
Safety is further added to by the inclusion of a unique self-setting system. This requires the user to actually set the safety catch to its firing position before it can be activated, ensuring that the tool isn't accidentally fired while setting up.
ACVOKE Cable Spiker Key Features
- Fires a steel spike directly through a high voltage cable to prove that the cable is dead and safe to work on
- High quality, high durability safety tool suitable for all cable designs and for penetration of normally applied cable coverings
- Heavy duty version is suitable for HV cables with diameter of up to 150mm and for cables carrying voltages of up to 400kV
- Easy to assemble and simple to operate
- The safest tool available for assured cable de-energisation
- Remote firing - seven metre long lanyard and release pin operate separately from the tool to ensure safety even if a live cable is accidentally spikes
- Unique self-setting safety system which requires delibarate action of pressing the Safety Catch to its 'fire' position, eliminating the risk of accidental firing when setting up
- Requires no external power sources for operation
- Sturdy construction for years of use
- Compatible with various different cartridge* strengths and different clamping arrangements to cater for cables in any application
*Note: cartridges are NOT included as standard with the cable spiker and must be ordered separately. For more information on cartridges, see further below.
Order Cartridges and Optional Clamps
Need cartridges or the optional clamps for your cable spiker? Please give us a call quoting the part numbers below and we'll be able to help!
|2191||Conversion Clamp for 11kV Aluminium-Sheathed Cables|
|2238||Clamp for Polymetric Cable|
|2241||Clamp for Triplex Cable|
|7925||Box of 25 'Yellow Mark' Cartridges - Extra light charge for small polymetric type cables having no outer metallised sheath|
|7920||Box of 25 'Silver Mark' Cartridges - light charge for all aluminium-sheathed cables up to 300mm square|
|7900||Box of 25 'Green Mark' Cartridges - medium charge for plain-covered cables and for armoured cables up to 85mm|
|7900||Box of 25 'Red Mark' Cartridges - heavy charge for armoured cables over 85mm with Standard cable spiker and up to 150mm with Heavy Duty Spiker|