Whether you're looking for moisture in walls, hard wood or soft wood or various other building materials, Protimeter's powerful Surveymaster2 moisture meter will help you find it.
The Surveymaster2 has two different moisture measurement modes. You can either use the non-invasive scanning mode to test without the need to use any pins, or use the built-in pins at the top of the meter for a more direct measurement of moisture content. This flexible approach to moisture measurement caters for practically any application.
When using the two pin measurement mode, all you need to do in most applications is lightly touch the pins to the material you're testing (there's no need to fully insert them into the material), minimising the level of damage. The meter detects the actual percent moisture content of wood (in % MC) and converts these results to a wood moisture equivalent (WME) when measuring concrete, dry wall and other building materials.
This moisture meter's non-invasive Search mode is excellent for testing beneath the surface to a depth of 20mm. It's particularly suited for a quick check of walls, or for finding moisture content below tiles in bathrooms and kitchens. This mode works by directly transmitting a signal into the material when the moisture meter is held against it.
As standard a set of deep wall probes is included with this meter - you can use these in more specialist applications (such as within brickwork) to check for moisture levels far below the surface. To use these probes, simply drill two holes, then insert each of the wall probes into the holes.
Protimeter's Surveymaster2 shows moisture levels in two different ways. It'll give you an exact reading on the built-in LCD screen, and also show you the level of moisture using coloured light indicators (green for good, red for bad).
Protimeter Surveymaster2 Moisture Meter Key Features
- Two modes - non-invasive searching mode and direct pin insertion mode
- Identify the extent of moisture damage, diagnose the cause of the problem and monitor changes in moisture levels
- Search modes measures up to 3/4" (19mm) below a surface without direct contact
- Pin-type probes measure moisture in wood and other building materials (use provided wood species calibration chart for more precise readings
- Deep wall probes establish the presence of moisture in wall cavity insulation, sub and surface structures
- Reference mode - establish what materials are above or below a point of reference or dry standard
- SurveyMaster Moisture Meter
- Soft Carrying Pouch
- HD MC Probe
- Deep Wall Probes 5" (127mm)
- Pin Calibration Check
- Wood Calibration Chart
Protimeter Surveymaster 2 Technical Specifications
|Operating Temperature Range||0 to 50°C|
|Humidity||0 to 90% RH, non-condensing|
|Moisture Measurements (Integrated/Remote Pin Probes)||Pin Measurement Range: (%MC in wood/%WME) - 7.9 to 99% (readings over 30% are relative)|
|Non-Invasive Moisture Measurements||Measurement Depth: up to 3/4" (19mm) deep, 70 to 999, no effect on reading by surface moisture|
|Power||9V alkaline 500mAh
Low battery indication on LCD
|Size||19 x 6.5 x 5cm (7.5 x 2.5 x 2")|
|Maximum Needle Depth||For WME pins: 0.4" (10mm)|
|Buzzer||Audible buzzer for key tone and measurement indication, user-configurable|
|Regulatory Compliance||CE, RoHS, ETL|