The Protimeter Standard Speedy Moisture Meters with a Choice of Ranges are fitted with calibrated moisture content gauges. These gauges allow the user to measure directly the moisture content of soils, aggregates, concrete, sands and powders. However; each moisture content measurement gauge features a different range; therefore the Protimeter Standard Speedy Moisture Meter is available in two models, please see the table below for further details.
|Product Code||Product Name||Moisture measurement range expressed as a percentage of the wet weight of the sample.||Sample Weight|
|F-S2000C||Protimeter F-S2000C Standard Speedy Moisture Meter||0-10% mc||12g|
|F-S2000D||Protimeter F-S2000D Standard Speedy Moisture Meter||0-20% mc||6g|
These moisture meters are of particular use to geotechnical and civil engineers, as well as building surveyors and restorers and may prove especially useful within the following industry sectors:
- Steel Production
The Protimeter Standard Speedy Moisture Meters function by determining the moisture content of a material with regard to the pneumatic pressure produced by the reaction between the sample and reagent. They are operated in the following way:
1.) Using the included electronic balance with a large scale pad the sample is weighed and prepared.
2.) The sample is placed in the Speedy Moisture Meter’s vessel.
3.) A reagent is added to the recess in the Speedy Moisture Meter’s cap.
4.) The vessel is sealed.
5.) In order to mix the sample and reagent, the sealed vessel is shaken.
6.) A moisture content measurement can be read from the integrated, calibrated measurement gauge.
As the sample and reagent are mixed, free moisture will react with the reagent to produce a gas. The presence of gas increases the pressure within the vessel which corresponds to a moisture content measurement on the gauge.
This quick, easy method for measuring moisture content in a variety of materials makes the Protimeter Standard Speedy Moisture Meters ideal for in-the-field applications. As such, these moisture meters have been designed to be rugged and portable. They feature a cast aluminium vessel and are supplied with a waterproof and shockproof carry case.
The Protimeter Standard Speedy Moisture Meters are ideal for the following applications:
- Field Control of Structures used to Make Roads: these moisture meters are approved by the ASSHTO (American Society of State Highway Transportation Officials) and the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM). They are also recommended by the American Highway Authority. Speedy Moisture Meters can be used to measure the water contents of the soil in compacted earth embankments to ascertain whether they are within a specified range.
- Quality Controlling Building Materials: similar to the above, these meters may be used to check sand and aggregates in order to determine their moisture content. Once measured the user can add the amount of water necessary for creating a cement that is of the desired workability, strength and drying rate. Moreover, these meters can also be used to check whether pre-made cement is within desired and/or necessary specifications.
- Building Restoration and Refurbishment: Speedy Moisture Meters can be used to verify the moisture content readings of walls and floors. Structures contaminated with conductive hygroscopic salts may give inaccurate moisture content readings when measured with a hygrometer or digital moisture meter. This inaccuracy is reduced if the user measures a sample of material gathered from the floor or wall using the Speedy Moisture Meter and takes the structure’s equilibrium relative humidity measurement with a hygrometer or digital moisture meter.
- Check Solid Floors for Dryness: by measuring a sample of a concrete floor using the Speedy Moisture Meter, the user can determine as to whether it is suitably dry and therefore ready for the addition of decorative floorings, such as vinyl, carpet or wood. Measuring floors in this way reduces the chances of floor failings.
The Protimeter Standard Speedy Moisture Meters with a Choice of Ranges are versatile, rugged instruments, which do not require a power source to operate. They can measure a multitude of materials and are therefore ideal for use in the field.
Protimeter Standard Speedy Moisture Meter with a Choice of Ranges Key Features
- Measure a variety of materials in order to determine moisture content
- Fitted with a calibrated moisture measurement gauge
- Can check soils, aggregates, concrete, sands and powders
- Ideal for building surveyors and restorers, as well as geotechnical and civil engineers
- Suitable for use in the following industry sectors: mining, steel production, foundries and ceramics
- Functions by mixing a material sample with a reagent
- Free moisture and reagent react to produce gas
- Increased pressure corresponds to a moisture content reading, viewable on the integrated gauge
- Cast aluminium vessel
- Supplied with a waterproof and shockproof carry case
- Does NOT require a power supply to function
- Measure the water content of structures integral to the construction of roads
- Recommended by the American Highway Authority
- Approved by the ASSHTO and ASTM
- Check the quality of building materials
- Aid hygrometers and digital moisture meters with determining the moisture content of walls and floors, especially with regards to structures containing conductive hygroscopic salts
- Check concrete floors for dryness before adding decorative finishes
- Versatile instrument suitable for in-the-field applications
- Your Choice of Protimeter Standard Speedy Moisture Meter
- Electronic balance
- User Instructions
- Waterproof and Shockproof Carry Case with High-Density Foam Insert
- Cleaning Brush
- Measuring Scoop
- 2-Year Warranty from Protimeter
Protimeter Standard Speedy Moisture Meter with a Choice of Ranges Technical Specifications
|Maximum Sample Size||10mm|
|Dimensions (cm)||51 x 38 x 20|