The Protimeter Large Speedy Moisture Meter with a Choice of Ranges can be used to measure the moisture content of soils, aggregates, concrete, sand and powders. It is available in three models, each with a different fitted and calibrated measurement gauge. These gauges feature varying ranges, please see the table below for further information regarding these models.
|Product Code||Product Name||Moisture measurement range expressed as a percentage of the wet weight of the sample.||Sample weight|
|F-L2000C||Protimeter F-L2000C Large Speedy Moisture Meter||0-10% mc||40g|
|F-L2000D||Protimeter F-L2000D Large Speedy Moisture Meter||0-20% mc||20g|
|F-L2000G||Protimeter F-L2000G Large Speedy Moisture Meter||0-50% mc||8g|
The Protimeter Speedy Moisture Meters do not require an external power source in order to function and have been designed to be portable. Their vessels have been constructed from cast aluminium; this combined with their portability, practicality and the included waterproof and shockproof carry case, makes the Large Speedy Moisture Meters ideal for use in the field.
The Protimeter Large Speedy Moisture Meters are easy to operate and function in the following way:
1.) A sample of the material-under-investigation is prepared and weighed using the included electronic balance with a large scale pad
2.) The prepared and weighed sample is then placed in the vessel
3.) A reagent is added to the recess in the Speedy Moisture Meter's cap
4.) The vessel is sealed
5.) Shake the sealed vessel to mix the material and reagent
6.) Read the moisture content measurement from the gauge
As the reagent and material-under-investigation are shaken, any free moisture within the sample will react with the reagent. This produces gas and results in an increase in pressure within the vessel which corresponds to a moisture measurement on the integrated, calibrated gauge. Using this method the Protimeter Large Speedy Moisture Meters can be used to measure the moisture content of a variety of materials quickly.
These accurate, simple-to-use and robust products are of particular interest to geotechnical and civil engineers, building surveyors and restorers. They are suitable for the following applications:
- Road construction: can be used for the field control of structures integral to the construction of roads, such as compacted earth embankments. The Protimeter Large Speedy Moisture Meters can be used to check the water content of soil to ensure that it is within a specified range. These products are recommended by a number of American road authorities, including the ASSHTO and American Highway Authority, and are approved by the American Society for Testing Materials (ASTM).
- Quality Control of Building Materials: these moisture meters may be used to check the moisture levels of sand and aggregates prior to creating cement. In doing so the user ensures that the correct amount of water is added during cement creation, allowing him/her to control the workability, strength and drying rate of the cement. In addition to this, the Protimeter Large Speedy Moisture Meters can be used to assess the contents of ready-made cement to ascertain as to whether it is within the desired and/or necessary specifications.
- Building Restoration and Refurbishment: these products may aid hygrometers and digital moisture meters with determining the moisture content of floors and walls. Structures contaminated with conductive hygroscopic salts may adversely affect the moisture content readings of hygrometers or digital moisture meters. However; this uncertainty is reduced by using the Speedy Moisture Meter to measure the moisture content of wall or floor samples, whilst also using a hygrometer or digital moisture meter to determine the structure's equilibrium relative humidity.
- Measure Solid Floors: the Speedy Moisture Meters are ideal for preventing floor failings caused by laying decorative finishes, such as vinyl, carpet and wood, over damp concrete. A sample of floor material is measured in order to determine whether the surface is suitably dry.
The Protimeter Large Speedy Moisture Meters with a Choice of Ranges are versatile, resilient products, ideal for a multitude of applications.
Protimeter Large Speedy Moisture Meter with a Choice of Ranges Key Features
- Measure the moisture content of soils aggregates, concrete, sand and powders
- Three models available
- Each model contains a different integrated and calibrated measurement gauge with varying moisture content ranges
- Do not require an external power source to function
- Cast aluminium vessel
- Supplied with a waterproof and shockproof carry case
- Simple operation procedure
- Free moisture in sample reacts with the reagent to create a gas which increases the pressure in the sealed vessel
- Pressure level corresponds to a moisture content reading viewable on the integrated gauge
- Ideal for geotechnical and civil engineers as well as building surveyors and restorers
- Also suitable for use across the following industry sectors: mining, steel production, foundries and ceramics
- Can be used to measure the moisture content of a variety of materials quickly
- Suitable for the field control of structures integral to road construction
- Approved by the ASSHTO, American Highway Authority and the ASTM
- Monitor the quality of building materials
- Aid hygrometers and moisture meters with detecting moisture content in walls and floors
- Determine whether floors are suitably dry before adding decorative finishes
- Your Choice of Protimeter Large Speedy Moisture Meter
- Electronic balance
- User Instructions
- Waterproof and Shockproof Carry Case with High-Density Foam Insert
- Cleaning Brush
- 2x Steel Pulverising Balls
- Measuring Scoop
- 2-Year Warranty from Protimeter
Protimeter Large Speedy Moisture Meter Technical Specifications
|Maximum Sample Size||20mm|
|Dimensions (cm)||51 x 38 x 20|