The Chauvin Arnoux CA6462 Digital Earth Tester is able to measure earth resistance, resistivity and coupling, meaning it effectively does the jobs of three different pieces of equipment. The earth tester is capable of measuring up to 1999 Ohms of ground resistance, up to one ohm of resolution and test currents of up to 10mA, and has seven different measurement ranges to ensure that results are as accurate as possible. All results are accurate to two percent.
The Chauvin Arnoux CA6462 Digital Earth Tester is equipped with four colour-coded terminals in green, black, blue and red, meaning you can identify the different terminals at a glance. Additionally, the digital earth tester has a captive bar, which allows you to change the device from a four-wire tester to a three-wire tester very quickly.
The results captured by the meter are displayed on the LCD screen, which is equipped with a backlight for ease of reading. Other user-friendly features include an easily accessible fuse holder, and flashing light signals to indicate potential problems.
The body of the device weighs 2.8 kilograms, and measures 273 x 247 x 127 millimetres. Unlike the CA6460, this meter is equipped with a NiMh rechargeable battery, which can last almost five hours on a single charge. Also included is the required cable which allows the meter to be plugged in to a mains power supply. The Chauvin Arnoux CA6462 Earth Tester can be purchased with an optional 100m Earth and Resistivity Kit.
Chauvin Arnoux CA6462 Earth Tester Key Features
- 3-in-1 Tester: Resistivity, Earth, Coupling
- Measurement Range: 0.00 to 2,000W (3 Automatic Ranges)
- Change From 4-wire Method to 3-wire Method Thanks to 1 Removable Captive Bar Between E and ES
- 3 Fault Presence Indicators to Validate Measurement
- Measurement Frequency: 128Hz
- Easy Connection of Rods Through Colour-Coded Terminals
- Large Backlit Digital Display with 2,000 Counts
- Power Supply: NiMH Rechargeable Battery for an Average Battery Life, Constantly Controlled, of 1,180 Measurements of 15s Each
- IP53 Leakproof Case with Folding Cover and Carrying Handle
- Electrical Safety: IEC 61010 and IEC 61557
- Dimensions: 273 x 247 x 127 mm - Weight: 3.3 kg
- Can be purchased with an optional 100m Earth and Resistivity Kit
- Chauvin Arnoux CA6462 Earth Tester
- Mains Cable
- Optional 100m Earth & Resistivity Kit